Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
br3akdwon
Frustrated Mavs Fan

Default Please comment on my new team

Had a live draft at the deadline

9 cat (FTM no TO league) 10 team h2h league

I had the 4th pick overall in a snake draft and I decided to pick Bosh over Amare and Wade. Is that a good decision? As you can see below, I plan to tank blocks but win in everything else.

Chris Bosh
Jose Calderon
Joe Johnson
Rudy Gay
Antawn Jamison
David Lee
OJ Mayo
Tony Parker
Nene
Nate Robinson
Drew Gooden
Chris Duhon
Tayshaun Prince
Andrea Bargnani
Brook Lopez
Russell Westbrook
Eric Gordon

Overall, I think I drafted pretty well. I just want to know what you guys think. Any constructive comments would be appreciated.
br3akdwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Re: Please comment on my new team

Is this the order you drafted in??? If so, you got some steals!

I love JJ in the third, especially with the way he's played so far. Gay and Jamison in the 4th and 5th are great value. You reached on Lee, but got good value in Nene and Parker, and bigtime with Duhon and Prince. I also like the way you ended the draft, as Lopez, Westbrook and Gordon could all stand to be significant over the course of the season.

It looks like you might have trouble in fg% (JJ, Gay, Jamison, even Bosh as a big man), and possibly FTM. Blocks are clearly the cat to tank, and maybe moving Nene because of that could be an option (deal Nene and Mayo for Boozer or something similar). Points, threes, boards, assists, ft%, and steals should be strong, with steals probably being the weakest of all of those.

I like the way you drafted. I think you have some tweaking to do, but by all means you gave yourself the types of players that can work as great trade options if they dont fit your vision. I like the value you got out of your picks (besides possibly Lee) at just about every spot, so congrats and good luck.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
br3akdwon
Frustrated Mavs Fan

Any other comments guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Is this the order you drafted in??? If so, you got some steals!

I love JJ in the third, especially with the way he's played so far. Gay and Jamison in the 4th and 5th are great value. You reached on Lee, but got good value in Nene and Parker, and bigtime with Duhon and Prince. I also like the way you ended the draft, as Lopez, Westbrook and Gordon could all stand to be significant over the course of the season.

It looks like you might have trouble in fg% (JJ, Gay, Jamison, even Bosh as a big man), and possibly FTM. Blocks are clearly the cat to tank, and maybe moving Nene because of that could be an option (deal Nene and Mayo for Boozer or something similar). Points, threes, boards, assists, ft%, and steals should be strong, with steals probably being the weakest of all of those.

I like the way you drafted. I think you have some tweaking to do, but by all means you gave yourself the types of players that can work as great trade options if they dont fit your vision. I like the value you got out of your picks (besides possibly Lee) at just about every spot, so congrats and good luck.

What do you think about me picking Bosh over Amare and Wade? Why so down on Lee? Thanks for the comment. You're always first in these kinds of things.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3akdwon
Had a live draft at the deadline

9 cat (FTM no TO league) 10 team h2h league

I had the 4th pick overall in a snake draft and I decided to pick Bosh over Amare and Wade. Is that a good decision? As you can see below, I plan to tank blocks but win in everything else.

Chris Bosh
Jose Calderon
Joe Johnson
Rudy Gay
Antawn Jamison
David Lee
OJ Mayo
Tony Parker
Nene
Nate Robinson
Drew Gooden
Chris Duhon
Tayshaun Prince
Andrea Bargnani
Brook Lopez
Russell Westbrook
Eric Gordon

Overall, I think I drafted pretty well. I just want to know what you guys think. Any constructive comments would be appreciated.

It has been a few years since I last played fantasy basketball, but overall though I think you have a nice team. I personally really like the David Lee selection. He just had 37 points and 21 boards against the Warriors, and does a nice job in the scoring, rebounding, and shooting percentage categories. I also don't think it matters too much that you picked Bosh over Wade. Bosh has been putting up some big numbers this season so you should definitely reap the rewards from that. Tayshaun Prince is a nice pick because you always get nice consistent production from him. Brook Lopez (who I believe has been putting up double doubles lately), Eric Gordon (also putting up decent numbers in recent games), Russell Westbrook, and O.J. Mayo are good rookie standouts and it should be interesting to see how their seasons shape up.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by br3akdwon
Any other comments guys?

What do you think about me picking Bosh over Amare and Wade? Why so down on Lee? Thanks for the comment. You're always first in these kinds of things.

It would have been hard for me to decide between Bosh and Wade as well. I'm a PG kind of owner, so I wouldve ended up with Wade on my team, and also because I dont like how little Bosh blocks for a dominant PF/C, but there's no way I'd argue with either selection. I think choosing them both over Amare was something you had to do this far into the season, especially because of how he's looked on the court and how he's grumbling about his position with the team.

As far as the Lee thing, I love him as a Knicks fan, and I see how idealistic he is when it comes to a fit for a D'Antoni team, but I still dont think Mike sees it that way (or maybe he does after tonight, since I missed the game but saw the box score!). It feels like Harrington, Jeffries, Tim Thomas and maybe even Chandler are going to get shots at time at PF/C for the Knicks, at it might be at Lee's expense. While I dont agree with it, I cant change it, so we'll have to see how it all pans out. Do I hate Lee as a draft pick for your team? No, he acutally fits your strategy well. I just think that there was a more "sure thing" value available with the 57th overall pick. Guys like Sheed, Harris, Okafor, Hedo, Ford, Bogut, Artest and Bynum went in the 50's in my latest 10 team draft, and I feel like any one of those guys would be a better value overall for the rest of the season starting today. So do I hate the pick? Not at all, and in fact I'd like to see it work out for you. I just have to imagine there was more value left on the board at the time, whether that player fit your team or not.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:36 PM   #6
br3akdwon
Frustrated Mavs Fan

Any other comments? Thanks to those who already helped.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

what's a snake draft?
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_3333
what's a snake draft?

nvm, I searched it and its a normal type of yahoo draft...
Old 12-01-2008, 04:47 AM   #9
br3akdwon
Frustrated Mavs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_3333
nvm, I searched it and its a normal type of yahoo draft...
Care to comment?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:47 AM   #10
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

you drafted really well to tank blocks, you will be average in 3s and steals, but look pretty dominant in everything else...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: