Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board
Default Nuggets game

To me this game summed up the frustration I have with this team.
There is SO much potential on our roster
graham, ukic, bargnani, moon are all very gifted in certain aspects of the game but these gifts are rarely ever exemplified in a real game situation
our backup pg problem STILL is yet to be addressed
tonight, billups had his way with us, he was a mind-boggling +48 in this game...
that to me is unacceptable
to say our shots werent falling is a poor misrepresentation of this game as well
132 points allowed
they shot 60%
37 assists on 49 field goals made

the defense was horrendous
i've said it time and time again that we have no true defensive philosophy, we didn't when the nets killed us in the playoffs on close outs on the perimeter, and when dwight killed us when we didnt double hard enough and were confused with our rotations.
this needs to be rectified or else we could be seeing deja-vu from last season and the same mediocre .500 team
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nuggets game

it's this simple

Parker = 4 points
Calderon = 9 points
Bargnani = 9 points

Billips = 24 points
Melo = 24 points
Jr Smith = 14 points

Do you think Billups and Melo sweat on defence at all? Are they even tired? NO they are 100% focused on offense because they don't have to worry about playing defense against the raptors back court. It's really that simple!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

I was watching the post game interview with JO...man was he PISSED OFF. The dude's eyes were all watery....I feel bad for him.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:50 AM   #4
nbaspinmove
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nbaspinmove has an OK reputation so far

Really We need to trade some "potential" guys...
To me guys with 4 or 5 years and still have tags like "potential" are just busts(of course there are many players that can say in your face to me..)
But I really want to trade some and get some serious wing players like Bobcats are talking about some trades with NYC so maybe we can get Gerald Wallace or Vince Carter (I know, but I really adored him when he was in Raptors...)

Last edited by nbaspinmove : 12-05-2008 at 03:35 AM.
nbaspinmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #5
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

out right embarrassing was what this game was all about for the raptors. 40 pts deficit at some points of the game.

no worries, it happens to all teams, even the best ones get blown out like this once in a while. i wouldn't dwell on it too much. just win another game on this west coast swing and i'd say that's an accomplishment.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think you can just say "it happens". This game was TERRIBLE. We looked like a joke out there.

The raps need to make some changes becasue we are not trending in the right direction. Players, coaches....
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #7
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Terrible defeat. The only postive to draw from this is it might force Coangelo's hand so he makes trades/fires Smitch.

Last edited by Valliant13 : 12-03-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Did the players quit on Sam?
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
Terrible defeat. The only postive to draw from is might force Coangelo's hand so he makes trade/fires Smitch.

Agreed...He needs to do something ASAP. The team is not responding well I think they've had enough of Mitchell there needs to be a new voice in the locker room....and a plug at the wing even if it means moving Bargs. For a couple of young pieces or young vets.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
Terrible defeat. The only postive to draw from is might force Coangelo's hand so he makes trade/fires Smitch.
Will Mike Evans or Jay Triano do any better?

Because forget about MLSE paying 2 coaches at the same time. If Mitchell gets fired, it's the assistants that will take over and not Van Gundy or Saunders or whoever. And if in the odd chance they do allow bringing in a high profile coach, forget about going into the luxury tax then. New coach but still the same very flawed roster.

This one mistake Colangelo might have to just live with. It's all about money and rightfully so, it's a business.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 12-03-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #11
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

I couldnt bear to watch it after halftime. Just too frustrating. To add to it, our schedule is brutal this week and next.

Our bench has to be only better then the Thunders.

Its frustrating to think that we are right at the Salary cap and have only 3 good players.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #12
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Honestly, I know it's frustrating but we're pushing the panic button way too soon. Firing the coach won't do it. Sam's got a close relationship with CB4 so this is not going to help the cause.

JO's healthy again I believe. To be honest, only about 3-4 teams in the Eastern Conference stands a chance against the likes of Lakers and Denver, so let's not be too harsh.

A 40 point loss is humiliating, but I strongly believe Sam knew there was not point in trying to win the game by the second quarter and just let most of his bench players finish it out. He might as well rest his starters. This game was a write off from the get go. Most coaches probably would have done the same so the 40 point loss is definately inflated.

All I am saying is, don't push the panic button yet, not yet. Give it another 10 games and we'll see.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #13
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

This team needed to fire Sam Mitchell before the Denver loss. Firing Mitchell will have a positive impact. I don't really care if it's an assistant who takes over at this point on an interim basis. You think Bosh cares if Sam Mitchell is the coach on a lousy team or not? Bosh cares about wins (and stats) and right now, this team is not playing well at all.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #14
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN

Its frustrating to think that we are right at the Salary cap and have only 3 good players.

That is SOOOOO true. It's pitiful.

And I think the Thunder's bench is twice as good as our bench unfortunately.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #15
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Will Mike Evans or Jay Triano do any better?

Because forget about MLSE paying 2 coaches at the same time. If Mitchell gets fired, it's the assistants that will take over and not Van Gundy or Saunders or whoever. And if in the odd chance they do allow bringing in a high profile coach, forget about going into the luxury tax then. New coach but still the same very flawed roster.

This one mistake Colangelo might have to just live with. It's all about money and rightfully so, it's a business.

At this point I'd prefer the unproven coach who might be good, over the coach who has proven to be terrible. Triano in particular did some great work with the Canadian team back in the day...I'd like to see what he could do. Let him playout the string, then try for a long term coach in the offseason if he does poorly.

Last edited by Valliant13 : 12-03-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: