Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 12-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
óross√er
I trust me!

óross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected poster
Default 2009 Tar Heels, best college basketball team EVER?

What is your take on this statement?
óross√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #2
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2009 Tar Heels, best college basketball team EVER?

90 UNLV
92 Duke
96 Kentucky

Those 3 teams I would put over them off the top of my head. The 3 best college teams that I've ever seen.

And ever is a strong statement when UCLA dominated the game for nearly a decade. Not to mention undefeated 76 Indiana, NC State with David Thompson, 82 UNC, Ewing at Georgetown, etc. Best single year team of the 2000s? Maybe. Have to see how the season plays out though.

Last edited by dak121 : 12-03-2008 at 11:05 PM.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Not yet. They gotta win the whole thing in order for them to be crown the best college team ever. Right now, they are freaking scary!!! They remind me of the 1990 Runnin Rebels out of UNLV. The Tar Heels have offense and defense and so much depth on the bench. Man, they have a 2nd team that is better than most schools starting five!!!

But like I said. In order to be the best team ever, they have to go all the way (Which they can if they stay focused). The Tar Heels are scary good.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #4
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

JellyBean is right, they need to win the championship in order to even be considered. If they don't they may be last years Patriots, but they still can't be talked about in that class.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not yet but maybe....GO UNC
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:11 AM   #6
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

They left tire tracks all over Ford Field last night, goodness.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:10 AM   #7
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
They left tire tracks all over Ford Field last night, goodness.
Is that what happened? All I saw was a giant crater that was Detroit.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Is that what happened? All I saw was a giant crater that was Detroit.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
EastBayFuNk510
Decent playground baller

EastBayFuNk510 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness

MOst talent...yes,...but best team...i say that still remains to be seen..but talent wise,they are stacked as they come
EastBayFuNk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:14 AM   #10
Malaysak1982
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Malaysak1982 has no real reputation yet.

Heel fan here. As much as love this years UNC team, there have been many better teams that I've seen in the past 45 years. The UCLA teams from 1966-69 and from 72-73 were better. Indiana of 1976 would be tough also. Georgetown in '84 and UNLV of '90 would beat them. But the best team I've ever seen was the '84 Heels even though they laid an egg in the tourney that year. Michael Jordan, Kenny Smith, Brad Daughtery, and Sam Perkins all were very successful in the NBA and get my vote for the most talented college team of all time.
Malaysak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #11
barne100
Good High School Starter

barne100 is considered somewhat coolbarne100 is considered somewhat cool

i sure hope so... otherwise state is just no good.
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #12
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaysak1982
Heel fan here. As much as love this years UNC team, there have been many better teams that I've seen in the past 45 years. The UCLA teams from 1966-69 and from 72-73 were better. Indiana of 1976 would be tough also. Georgetown in '84 and UNLV of '90 would beat them. But the best team I've ever seen was the '84 Heels even though they laid an egg in the tourney that year. Michael Jordan, Kenny Smith, Brad Daughtery, and Sam Perkins all were very successful in the NBA and get my vote for the most talented college team of all time.
Yeah, that was probably the best collection of pure talent in college basketball in the last 25 years (or the most successful collection of talent) but that doesn't necessarily make them even the best UNC team of All Time. The fact that they did lay an egg in ACC and NCAA tournament (not even making it to the finals of the ACC tournament) losing to decent Duke and Indiana teams, who they clearly outclassed, cements this.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #13
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Come on, '96 Kentucky had 9 NBA players.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #14
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Come on, '96 Kentucky had 9 NBA players.
But how many of them are going to the Hall of Fame? Only one of them was even an All Star. It's quality over quantity. That Carolina team did end up having six NBA players.

Last edited by steve : 12-07-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #15
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lets wait till they win the championship before we declare them the greatest team ever.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: