Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 12-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Dasher's Lottery Mock:Subject to Change

1.OKC: Blake Griffin:
The consensus #1 prospect on everyone's board. Blake also brings with hime the local boy made good angle. The Thunder are not having trouble selling tickets, but if Blake is in the building, fans may actually show up. Blake would combine with Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and Jeff Green to form a talented nucleus, that is still a ways away from being competitive. The Thunder still need to settle on defensive and offensive philosophies, and decide how the pieces they are assembling will fit.

2.Washington: Greg Monroe:
This young Hoya has all the tools to be a force in the NBA. Like Blake, Greg would be a localish star, that the hometown NBA team could market. Andray Blatche, Greg Monroe, and Javelle McGee is a trio of young bigs, that if everything falls into place could make Bullets fans forget what happened with Sheed, CWebb, and Juwan. Antawn Jamison could mentor Greg, who eventually will replace him in the starting lineup.

3.LA Clippers:Earl Clark:
Al Thornton is only in his second year and as I predicted has seemed to reach his ceiling. Earl Clark is the all around player that the Clippers need to balance out their line-up. He has great size at 6'9'' that would make starting Eric Gordon work out well for the longterm. Al Thornton can be moved to the second unit, where he could be the focal point of that unit's offense.

4.Memphis:Hasheem Thabeet:
The Grizzlies have Marc Gasol already, but they can't allow this defensive force to fall past them. Hasheem will make an attractive trade piece, or could me slotted next to Marc to form a Twin Towers duo.

5.Sacramento:Ricky Rubio:
The Spanish phenom would be too good of a prospect to fall past the Kings. They have a history of selecting International players. There is talk of Rubio staying in Spain a little longer, but the Kings probably won't mind. Beno Udrih is a servicable PG, but Ricky projects to be a superstar at the position.

6.Minnesota::BJ Mullens
The TWolves miss out on Thabeet, and use their pick on BJ Mullens. BJ has been underwhelming thus far, but he still has the physical tools that teams covet in big men. He will not have a DeAndre Jordan style tumble.

7.Golden State::James Harden
This is a Nelly pick. In his olde age, Donny boy has developed an even more pronounced love for shooting guards and small forwards.

8.Charlotte:Cole Aldrich
Hopefully the Bobcat's search for a playmate for Emeka finally comes to an end with the selection of Cole Aldrich. He will provide a quality scoring compliment to Emeka, and form a strong core of bigs with Okafor and Ajinca.

9.Milwaukee:Patrick Patterson:
The Bucks get an athletic 4 to pair with Andrew Bogut. Patterson is a fierce rebounder, and will bring the energy to the frontline that the Bucks desperately need.

10Indiana:Al Farooq Aminu:
Larry Bird's obsession with finding the next Larry ends with the selection of Aminu. Al has the potential to be a really good PF on the next level, after he hooks up with an NBA nutritionist.

11.Philadelphia:Young Money:
Bradon Jennings brings his show to Philly. He does not solve the 76ers outside shooting woes, but he does provide a replacement for Andre Miller. Brandon is a playmaker, who is making the most of his time in Europe, and will be a better player for it. The pick and roll possibilities with Elton Brand will cause opposing coaches to lose sleep.

12.Miami:Andrew Ogilvy
The Heat need size despartely, and this Aussie can provide it. Andy is a solid scorer who is improving on the defensive and rebounding ends of the game. Andy will be able to bring the lineup balance that the Heat desparately need.

13.Chicago:Jrue Holliday
This is a little low for him. If I had figured in the possibility of trades he would be in the top half of the lottery. If Ben Gordon bolts, Holliday would be a more than adequate replacement.

14.New York: Nando De Colo
The Knicks will draft their point guard of the future. Nando provide great size, and versatility to the Knicks backcourt. His size allows him to be paired effectively with both Nate Robinson and Chris Duhon

Last edited by Dasher : 12-05-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dasher's Lottery Mock:Subject to Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
11.Philadelphia:Young Money:
Bradon Jennings brings his show to Philly. He does not solve the 76ers outside shooting woes, but he does provide a replacement for Andre Miller. Brandon is a playmaker, who is making the most of his time in Europe, and will be a better player for it. The pick and roll possibilities with Elton Brand will cause opposing coaches to lose sleep.
I'd like that but I'd rather not be in the lottery

And I refer to him as Takeover

no James Harden?

Last edited by Posterize246 : 12-05-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I'd like that but I'd rather not be in the lottery

And I refer to him as Takeover

no James Harden?
I thought I had him in there going to Minny at 6. I slid BJ Mullens into that spot and never put him back in the draft....Let me subject the mock to change.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
Dasher

1. OKC:Blake Griffin:The consensus #1 prospect on everyone's board. Blake also brings with hime the local boy made good angle. The Thunder are not having trouble selling tickets, but if Blake is in the building, fans may actually show up. Blake would combine with Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and Jeff Green to form a talented nucleus, that is still a ways away from being competitive. The Thunder still need to settle on defensive and offensive philosophies, and decide how the pieces they are assembling will fit.
  2. Washington:Greg Monroe:This young Hoya has all the tools to be a force in the NBA. Like Blake, Greg would be a localish star, that the hometown NBA team could market. Andray Blatche, Greg Monroe, and Javelle McGee is a trio of young bigs, that if everything falls into place could make Bullets fans forget what happened with Sheed, CWebb, and Juwan. Antawn Jamison could mentor Greg, who eventually will replace him in the starting lineup.
  3. LAC:Earl Clark: Al Thornton is only in his second year and as I predicted has seemed to reach his ceiling. Earl Clark is the all around player that the Clippers need to balance out their line-up. He has great size at 6'9'' that would make starting Eric Gordon work out well for the longterm. Al Thornton can be moved to the second unit, where he could be the focal point of that unit's offense.
  4. Minny:Hasheem Thabeet:The Grizzlies have Al Jefferson already, and they can't allow this defensive force to fall past them. Hasheem will be slotted next to Al to form a Twin Towers duo.
  5. Sacramento:Ricky Rubio: The Spanish phenom would be too good of a prospect to fall past the Kings. They have a history of selecting International players. There is talk of Rubio staying in Spain a little longer, but the Kings probably won't mind. Beno Udrih is a servicable PG, but Ricky projects to be a superstar at the position.
  6. Memphis: Al Farooq Aminu: Al has the potential to be a really good PF on the next level, after he hooks up with an NBA nutritionist.
  7. Golden State:James Harden: This is a Nelly pick. In his olde age, Donny boy has developed an even more pronounced love for shooting guards and small forwards.
  8. Charlotte:Demar Derozan:With the departure of Jason Richardson the Cats will need to draft a quality wing scorer. The Cats just miss out on the difference making center, but settle for another athletic wing.
  9. Indy:Cole Aldrich:The Pacers add a quality big to their frontcourt.
  10. Milwaukee:Patrick Patterson:The Bucks pair Andrew Bogut with an agressive, athletic 4. Who hits the boards in a way Charlie V does not seem to be willing to.
  11. Toronto:Jrue Holliday:Toronto gets the dynamic wing they desparately need.
  12. Philly:Young Money: Bradon Jennings brings his show to Philly. He does not solve the 76ers outside shooting woes, but he does provide a replacement for Andre Miller. Brandon is a playmaker, who is making the most of his time in Europe, and will be a better player for it. The pick and roll possibilities with Elton Brand will cause opposing coaches to lose sleep
  13. Chicago:Andrew Ogilvy: Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah just aren't gonna cut it. The Bulls need size despartely, and this Aussie can provide it. Andy is a solid scorer who is improving on the defensive and rebounding ends of the game. Andy will be able to bring the lineup balance that the Heat desparately need.
  14. Phoenix: Damion James:He is a good tweener forward who will provide depth at both the 3 and 4. Damion will also make the possible loss of Grant Hill easier to bear.

Last edited by Dasher : 12-11-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #5
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

I hope Milwaukee gets Patteson..then I could see what i thought I was going to see at WVU..Him playing alongside Joe Alexander (if Joe can ever get in the game)
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Jrue Holliday is so overrated.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #7
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Holiday has a ton of potential, but is overrated right now. If he was to go in the lottery this year, the team either expects him to become a point, become a great shooter, or become a good defensive player. He is athletic and will get the rim, but there are dozens of 6-3ish guys that can do that.

If he can prove he can play the point like a Randy Foye, then he can be a good NBA player. If he can learn to become a 3pt gunner then he can combine that with his athletic ability to become a really good scorer in the NBA. Also, if he can learn to play top notch defense, teams are going to want him to guard the many great young PG in the NBA, which he has the potential to do.

I think Patrick Patterson is overrated as well. He puts up good numbers, but Kentucky isn't what it was, and I think he is really just a guy putting up good numbers on an average team. I'm not saying that he isn't talented and can't find a spot in the NBA, but I just don't see a future NBA starter. I would draft him in the 20's.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #8
Dasher

1. Oklahoma City:Blake Griffin:The consensus #1 prospect on everyone's board. Blake also brings with hime the local boy made good angle. The Thunder are not having trouble selling tickets, but if Blake is in the building, fans may actually show up. Blake would combine with Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and Jeff Green to form a talented nucleus, that is still a ways away from being competitive. The Thunder still need to settle on defensive and offensive philosophies, and decide how the pieces they are assembling will fit.
  2. Minny:Hasheem Thabeet:The Grizzlies have Al Jefferson already, and they can't allow this defensive force to fall past them. Hasheem will be slotted next to Al to form a Twin Towers duo.
  3. Washington:Greg Monroe:This young Hoya has all the tools to be a force in the NBA. Like Blake, Greg would be a localish star, that the hometown NBA team could market. Andray Blatche, Greg Monroe, and Javelle McGee is a trio of young bigs, that if everything falls into place could make Bullets fans forget what happened with Sheed, CWebb, and Juwan. Antawn Jamison could mentor Greg, who eventually will replace him in the starting lineup.
  4. SacTown:Ricky Rubio:The Spanish phenom would be too good of a prospect to fall past the Kings. They have a history of selecting International players. There is talk of Rubio staying in Spain a little longer, but the Kings probably won't mind. Beno Udrih is a servicable PG, but Ricky projects to be a superstar at the position.
  5. LAC:Earl Clark: Al Thornton is only in his second year and as I predicted has seemed to reach his ceiling. Earl Clark is the all around player that the Clippers need to balance out their line-up. He has great size at 6'9'' that would make starting Eric Gordon work out well for the longterm. Al Thornton can be moved to the second unit, where he could be the focal point of that unit's offense.
  6. GSW:James Harden: This is a Nelly pick. In his olde age, Donny boy has developed an even more pronounced love for shooting guards and small forwards.
  7. Charlotte:Stephon Curry:Bob Johnson and cohorts make another draft pick with boxoffice in mind. Curry brings a great deal of scoring ability to the Cats. The Cats still need size, but they seem to be sold on Ajinca.
  8. Indy:Patrick Patterson:The Pacers add a quality big to their frontcourt.
  9. Memphis:Al Farooq Aminu: Al has the potential to be a really good PF on the next level, after he hooks up with an NBA nutritionist.
  10. Milwaukee:Demar Derozan:The Bucks draft the heir apparent to Michael Redd.
  11. Philly:Young Money: Bradon Jennings brings his show to Philly. He does not solve the 76ers outside shooting woes, but he does provide a replacement for Andre Miller. Brandon is a playmaker, who is making the most of his time in Europe, and will be a better player for it. The pick and roll possibilities with Elton Brand will cause opposing coaches to lose sleep
  12. Toronto:Jrue Holliday:Toronto gets the dynamic wing they desparately need.
  13. New York:Nic Calathes:The last time the Knicks were in the lottery, I had them taking Nando De Colo. I now have them taking a very similar player, who is a better shooter and passer. Nic is very versatile and can play the 1 and the 2. The Knicks need some size in their midget backcourt, and a passing upgrade for D'Antoni's offense.
  14. Dallas:Patrick Mills:The Mavs need a replacement for Jason Kidd. Patrick Mills is a penatrator in the Devin Harris mode, and will add a dimension to their offense that they currently lack.

Last edited by Dasher : 12-17-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #9
BigOrangeBalls
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BigOrangeBalls has an OK reputation so far

I am looking at the draft from a fantasy perspective since I'm in a keeper league. Since my team was going nowhere and contracts were expiring I traded away a lot of guys for picks. I'd prefer guys that can contribute right away, but can wait til year #2 for production if need be. I may shy away from a project like Rubio, who may decide to stay overseas a year or two longer.

As of now I'd get these picks:

A pick falling 1-5 overall,
A pick 11-14,
A pick 15-18
Two picks between 19-26

My biggest need is at SF, but in general I"m looking to take the best players possible. I also like Curry a lot even if he is small. I actually do see him getting 20 ppg by his 3rd season, so I don't mind if NBA teams and Fantasy Drafters have their doubts. I have some doubt too. I wouldn't use my 1-5 pick on him, but as of right now until I see someone I can't pass up on, I'd use my 11-14 on him.
BigOrangeBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
BigOrangeBalls

BigOrangeBalls has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
10Indiana:Al Farooq Aminu:
Larry Bird's obsession with finding the next Larry ends with the selection of Aminu. Al has the potential to be a really good PF on the next level, after he hooks up with an NBA nutritionist.

I don't think he's a passer, shooter, or leader like Bird. He reminds me more of a Pierce with his penetration and dunks. He's a better passer than Pierce, but not as good of a shooter as Pierce. It'd be hard to get him at 10. His stock has been rising. There's a good chance he's going to be a top 5 pick.

Last edited by BigOrangeBalls : 12-21-2008 at 02:26 PM.
BigOrangeBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #11
freegamer300

freegamer300 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
6.Minnesota::BJ Mullens
The TWolves miss out on Thabeet, and use their pick on BJ Mullens. BJ has been underwhelming thus far, but he still has the physical tools that teams covet in big men. He will not have a DeAndre Jordan style tumble.

I dont see how the wolves could draft another big man unless something happens to Love or they trade him. With McHale as the coach he loves his big men and will want to work with Love over the years and make him a great big man cuz thats what McHale was. I think they will go with Rubio if hes still on the board or Blake Griffin if they get the number 1 pick cuz hes to good to pass up, but if they can get either im looking for Jrue Holiday or Brandon Jennings as thier first pick.
freegamer300 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: