Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default This is unbearable....

I don't know how many more of these heartbreaker losses I can take...
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This is unbearable....

- Pierce wanted out, Ainge fixed the Celtics and got him some major help.
- Kobe wanted out, Kupchak fixed the Lakers and got him some major help.

It's Colangelo's turn.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

more like it's Bosh's turn... I mean, I don't want Bosh to want out or demand a trade, bt I do want him to let Colangelo know that if he doesn't upgrade the pieces, he's not going to want to re-sign when the time comes.. And Colangelo knows how important Bosh is to this franchise so he'll have to speed up the process of making things happen.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

I can handle this loss, unlike the previous ones. One or two plays and this game is ours, and we know we can make those one or two plays. I just wonder what Jay's play call really was for the last play.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Look at the postives....Graham has been playing good and JO had a monster game today.

I haven't been impressed with Bosh's play though, do you think he's fatigued from all those times he had to play 40+ minutes?
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
I can handle this loss, unlike the previous ones. One or two plays and this game is ours, and we know we can make those one or two plays. I just wonder what Jay's play call really was for the last play.

its not that.. its been like 3 times since big leads vaporize..
it's just heartbreaking..

although there were a lot of good things about this game
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
As bad as the play call at the end was, it was just one play. The disturbing trend in this game started in the 2nd quarter with Portland getting I couldn't even count how many wide open looks from 3. To me, that was the deciding factor throughout this game.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
One or two plays and we could've won the NJ game. I mean, even though we gave up a big lead, it was a fadeaway 3 from way back with a hand in his face that took it to OT. One or two plays and we could've won the Boston game (first one), ... When things like this happen every once in awhile you can shrug it off and say **** happens, but it's happening to us on a consistent basis when the game is close, and its clear that it's gonna take more than Bosh to change that trend.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:56 PM   #9
b4ball
Local High School Star

Yes Blake was wide open way to often, but did you see Parker get the steal off of Roy then waltz up the court and get blocked by Oden!!!! the get a fast break up the floor, stop in the paint and dribble three times before settling for a fade away jump shot once the defense was ready for the rebound.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Yes Blake was wide open way to often, but did you see Parker get the steal off of Roy then waltz up the court and get blocked by Oden!!!! the get a fast break up the floor, stop in the paint and dribble three times before settling for a fade away jump shot once the defense was ready for the rebound.
Well it's better than the usual "jump into the defender, turn your back to the basket and throw up a circus shot off the glass and pray for a foul call" we see from Parker on fast breaks.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
One or two plays and we could've won the NJ game. I mean, even though we gave up a big lead, it was a fadeaway 3 from way back with a hand in his face that took it to OT. One or two plays and we could've won the Boston game (first one), ... When things like this happen every once in awhile you can shrug it off and say **** happens, but it's happening to us on a consistent basis when the game is close, and its clear that it's gonna take more than Bosh to change that trend.

We were never in that game against Boston, get real.. The NJ game we were out coached, thats why Colangelo made the change.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
We were never in that game against Boston, get real.. The NJ game we were out coached, thats why Colangelo made the change.
are you serious? we had an 18 point lead! and as for the NJ game, coaching was a part of the problem, but personnel was a big part of the problem as well. Jose on his best of days can't hope to contain Devin Harris and same with Parker vs. Vince Carter. We need some significant upgrades. plain and simple.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #13
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
are you serious? we had an 18 point lead! and as for the NJ game, coaching was a part of the problem, but personnel was a big part of the problem as well. Jose on his best of days can't hope to contain Devin Harris and same with Parker vs. Vince Carter. We need some significant upgrades. plain and simple.

You've got three games going and started this threat after this game. Which game do you want to talk about? Yes we had a 18 point lead, but this game is all about runs, and we had that lead in the second of four quarters. Big deal, the game ends in the last few posetions, and if were in a game that makes the last few posetions something worth watching then I'm happy at this point considering what this team has been through lately.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
You've got three games going and started this threat after this game. Which game do you want to talk about? Yes we had a 18 point lead, but this game is all about runs, and we had that lead in the second of four quarters. Big deal, the game ends in the last few posetions, and if were in a game that makes the last few posetions something worth watching then I'm happy at this point considering what this team has been through lately.
It's not the loss that bothers me as much as its the way we lost. To me, sure we made some mistakes in the last couple of minutes (as did the Blazers) but Bosh dribbling it down from the 3 point line? Really? It says something about our personnel when Bosh has to be the guy dribble penetrating from the 3 point line to create for himself.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #15
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

this loss wasn't as tough to swallow for me
i thought considering the practice time we've had that things look promising
we can't play the style we played in that first quarter without more depth
the pace was good in the first quarter
joey showed flashes once again of what he can be (and also flashes of what he is )
the second last play call, the one that oden blocked bosh, but bosh reposted and got the stepback jumpshot, that was a very advanced play call, block to block screen off the ball with a guard downscreen out wide
would've been a dunk for bosh, blazers just played great defense on that first attempt
The last play call was terrible, but triano had some good sets in there
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: