Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 09-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
derwink
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Favorite Franchise Fantasy League

Favorite Franchise Fantasy League

I've played in a favorite franchise fantasy baseball league and it has been very good so I thought I'd copy the format to basketball.

It's at nba.com called Favorite Franchise League 1 and the twist is that you pick one real NBA team but the only players that you can have are ones that have played at least one game for your franchise.

I'll pick Houston for example. In the draft, there would be no need for you to draft Ming as he has only played for Houston. You could pick him up as a free agent after the draft. You could save your first choice for McGrady who can also be drafted by Toronto and Orlando.

During the season, you could trade for a player who has never played for your franchise as long as you don't play them and then trade them to another team within three days. If you haven't traded the player after three days, you must drop them.

Houston could draft Battier since he is on the roster. If, for some reason, he never plays a game for them (injury, trade) then he would be ineligible to play for you.

It makes things very interesting.

This will be a keeper league and the rest of the league rules will be pretty standard. Single list and head to head.

It's a private league at nba.com. Password is nba.

To start us off, I'll choose Toronto even though I'd be willing to change if someone really, really wanted Toronto.

International Ballers League

I've also created an International Ballers Keeper League. I'm Canadian but have lived overseas for going on 7 years now. This league has players from all around the world. If you want to join, do a search at nba.com with Private, Single-List, Head to Head. It's the third league from the top.

We have an east-west division depending upon where you are on the planet.

Remember, even if you live in the US or Canada, you are international to someone else.
derwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
derwink

So far the international league has players from Sri Lanka, China, Pakistan, Chile, France and two unknowns right now. I know some of these people, they know basketball.

The franchise league is worth a shot...it was very difficult in baseball and that was with larger rosters and a minor league. It'll really challenge you.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
derwink

I guess you who are in the States are used to losing to international teams now!

Seriously though, a team from Iceland just joined...that makes 8 out 30. Everyone is free to join!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by derwink
I guess you who are in the States are used to losing to international teams now!

Seriously though, a team from Iceland just joined...that makes 8 out 30. Everyone is free to join!

haha makin fun of us? hows that chile nat'l team goin?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
derwink

Actually, I'm from Canada. We got Nash and that's about it. I'm just living in Chile right now teaching.

USA still has the best players. This year was just a little bump in the road. I like what they are doing. Coach K and the players all seemed to have the right attitude. They were young, people forget that. They'll be fine.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: