Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Burgz
Banned
 
Burgz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TDOT
Posts: 1,884
Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board
Default Toronto vs. Cleveland

Keys to the game
let's hear what you guys think
and we'll check to see if they did it after, just like GM Winning Strategies haha


i think containing Big Z and Mo Williams and not allowing LeBron to control the pace of the game is crucial
also, we need to create fastbreak points from our defensive play, because the cav's halfcourt defense is among the best in the league, they have alot of size that we can't contend with
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
bonez26
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,188
bonez26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

You have to go with one of the follwoing strategies IMO. Make Lebron a volume shooter and let no one else get theirs...or the exact opposite....take the ball out of LBJ's hands and make the others win the game for them. All I definitely know will be rebounding is key...as Cleveland is one of the better rebounding teams in the league.

Last edited by bonez26 : 12-09-2008 at 12:55 PM.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
Sekman
Great young streetballer
 
Sekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 525
Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
You have to go with one of the follwoing strategies IMO. Make Lebron a volume shooter and let no one else get theirs...or the exact opposite....take the ball out of LBJ's hands and make the others win the game for them. All I definitely know will be rebounding is key...as Cleveland is one of the better rebounding teams in the league.

agree, same with my post in main forum...

also need to have Parker guarding Mo Will, Jose on D West

JO on Z is best match-up for us.. Bosh is going have to tough time with Wallace
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,477
Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

You play off Lebron and let him take jumpers and just hope this isn't one of those rare hot shooting nights he can have.

This season:

Lebron on 2pt jumpers: 36%
Lebron on 3pt jumpers: 27%

I'm going to snap if I see any Raptors player guarding Lebron tightly. Try to deny him the ball as much as possible but once he gets it, play off him!
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
Sekman
Great young streetballer
 
Sekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 525
Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
You play off Lebron and let him take jumpers and just hope this isn't one of those rare hot shooting nights he can have.

This season:

Lebron on 2pt jumpers: 36%
Lebron on 3pt jumpers: 27%

I'm going to snap if I see any Raptors player guarding Lebron tightly. Try to deny him the ball as much as possible but once he gets it, play off him!

+1 ... gonna f.u.c.k. a goat if they do
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter
 
Toni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,500
Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

let bron take as many outside Js as possible and keep him out of the lane.. make ben wallace be their most offensive threat
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,928
Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
agree, same with my post in main forum...

also need to have Parker guarding Mo Will, Jose on D West

JO on Z is best match-up for us.. Bosh is going have to tough time with Wallace

Why is Bosh going to have a tough time with Wallace?


Wallace isn't a great man-on-man defender, he used to be a great help defender but his man D isn't special.

And Wallace isn't anywhere close to what he once was.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
Sekman
Great young streetballer
 
Sekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 525
Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Why is Bosh going to have a tough time with Wallace?


Wallace isn't a great man-on-man defender, he used to be a great help defender but his man D isn't special.

And Wallace isn't anywhere close to what he once was.

okay, then maybe Bosh won't have a tough time

i just thought he use to be NBA D-player of the year , and in D 1st team many years

i certainly like the grass on your side
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,676
RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Bosh needs to play big defensively. He can play off Wallace and help protect the paint. He needs to be huge on the glass because the Cavs are a great rebounding team, especially on the offensive end.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!
 
Chamberlain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cape Breton Island
Posts: 4,244
Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Dear Jay Triano, Bryan Colangelo, and whomever else it may concern:

PLEASE don't have Bargnani anywhere near LeBron on the defensive side of the court. If you have any reason to beleive Bargnani can have an impact on this game, have him come off the bench against the Cavaliers reserve bigmen to create mismatches.

Having Bargnani on LeBron does two things, makes LeBron's life easy, and takes Bargnani out of the game with foul trouble, making our already thin bench even thinner.

Sincerely,

Chamberlain
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,275
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
You have to go with one of the follwoing strategies IMO. Make Lebron a volume shooter and let no one else get theirs...or the exact opposite....take the ball out of LBJ's hands and make the others win the game for them. All I definitely know will be rebounding is key...as Cleveland is one of the better rebounding teams in the league.
I have a problem with the first strategy... Lebron is an excellent passer and I think even if we took him out of the game (which we probably can't), he'd deliver it to all the right places and they'd beat us with an average game from him. They have a pretty deep team these days and have survived average performances from Lebron, especially against a mediocre team like ours. I may be alone on this one but I personally think that we should make sure to play hard D and get a hand in people's face... and then if they miss, MAKE SURE to secure that rebound as you've said at the end of your post. Rebounding will be vital... I'm just hoping we pull out a miracle...
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #12
Sekman
Great young streetballer
 
Sekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 525
Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I have a problem with the first strategy... Lebron is an excellent passer and I think even if we took him out of the game (which we probably can't), he'd deliver it to all the right places and they'd beat us with an average game from him. They have a pretty deep team these days and have survived average performances from Lebron, especially against a mediocre team like ours. I may be alone on this one but I personally think that we should make sure to play hard D and get a hand in people's face... and then if they miss, MAKE SURE to secure that rebound as you've said at the end of your post. Rebounding will be vital... I'm just hoping we pull out a miracle...

we should do that anyways.. should do that, plus the let Lebron be a volume shooter strategy
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,275
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
we should do that anyways.. should do that, plus the let Lebron be a volume shooter strategy
What I meant was that we shouldn't spend time doubling and tripling Lebron and then scrambling to guard the perimeter players.. Whoever is on Lebron should just attempt to keep him in front, and then if and when he gets by them, the help defender should be standing by to take the charge.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #14
Sekman
Great young streetballer
 
Sekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 525
Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
What I meant was that we shouldn't spend time doubling and tripling Lebron and then scrambling to guard the perimeter players.. Whoever is on Lebron should just attempt to keep him in front, and then if and when he gets by them, the help defender should be standing by to take the charge.

Agree!
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #15
brwnman
.
 
brwnman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,664
brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Toronto vs. Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
+1 ... gonna f.u.c.k. a goat if they do

Kay, so where do you want the goat delivered? Also, bring a camera and another person with you, because you know the ish rule, pics or it didn't happen...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy