Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 09-17-2006, 06:22 AM   #1
-=[1]=-
Can barely lace up my sneakers

-=[1]=- has an OK reputation so far
Default coach

I think that the only problem in Houston is their Coach,what do you think?
And write all what do you think the houston needs to be champs
-=[1]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:55 AM   #2
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me

DreamRuled has an OK reputation so far

I don't think it's really fair to judge the guy based on last season...to many injuries. And if you go by his first year with us, then he was pretty good. He was more than competent back in the '90's, but there have been a lot of rule changes that have forced him to change at least some. I'm reserving my judgement until mid-way through this coming season, even tho I"m leaning toward keeping him.

We just need some consistancy, and good, solid role players. Hakeem won his first ring by throwing 4 players who knew exactly what to do to win...give the ball to him, cut, and find an open area to shoot a 3, then go back and play D as best as they could. Hakeem and Clyde won having 3 similar people. As long as we've got the right people surrounding Yao and T-Mac, as long as those people are half way decent as playing defense, and if the majority of the team stays healthy for the majority of the season, we've got a pretty good chance.

There are some obvious places we could upgrade, but as a whole, the team looks reasonable.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
Desporado
I Hit Open Layups

Desporado has an OK reputation so far
Default Jeff Must Go!

I think we need Rick Adleman as a coach. He has proven succesfull with finesse big men like Yao in the past & I think T-mac & the rest of the fellas would do soooo much better in his system.

Van Gundy is a Dinosaur!
Desporado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jeff is a good coach.

He coaches Defense. Thats all you need right there. He was successful with new york.

The only real problem is injuries. But it seems like Jeff isnt too optimistic about his job security.

On TNT last season's playoffs he was joking with Kenny, Charles, and Ernie about how he will be sent on a permanent vacation.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:13 AM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Yeah, so many injuries each season that it's tough to blame van gundy
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Exactly
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:45 AM   #7
the_messiah
Can barely lace up my sneakers

the_messiah has an OK reputation so far
Default what if....

just reading the thread.....i had a brillant idea, what if the NBA allowed trading of coaches....just like players, coaches can be traded for any personnel (coach for coach or coach for palyer or watever).......what if......
the_messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: