Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Your favorite Outkast album?

Mine would be Aquemini. So many songs in this album that are too good. All of the songs are great in this album. Stankonia is good too, but Aquemini is better. I still have never gotten a chance to listen to the first 2 albums that Outkast released. I plan on getting ATLiens today.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Your favorite Outkast album?

ATliens is a great album...Aquemini definitely is their best though.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

atliens is my fave but i cant be mad if people choose aquemini

stankonia is my least fave. still the greatest rap group ever. guys dropped classic after classic at a steady level. but hey...im biased, theyre my favorite rap act.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

wait...you havent heard atliens before gencbiba? curious to hear what you think about it. the production and raps on there are on some whole other level. listen to wailin a few times. sick sick sick
Old 12-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
From The Baduizm Thread:

Actually she was not the reason for Dre's. Dre was already out there. He and the other members of The Dundgeon Family were always into Egyptology and the Occult. A lot of the iconagraphy that appears on OutKast records is influenced by the teachings of Noble Drew Ali and the MoSci Temple.

This is been a Dasher PSA.

agreed. although badu queered common and by the looks of it qtip and william hit it too
Old 12-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Roy Munson
The Rubberman

Roy Munson has decent reputationRoy Munson has decent reputation

I love Outkast. They're one of the few rap artists that I can actually say I am a genuine fan of. I have owned all of their albums up until after Stankonia. My rankings of my favorites would be:

1. ATLiens
2. Aquemini
3. Southernplayalistic
4. Stankonia

5. Speakerboxxx/Love Below
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
I love Outkast. They're one of the few rap artists that I can actually say I am a genuine fan of. I have owned all of their albums up until after Stankonia. My rankings of my favorites would be:

1. ATLiens
2. Aquemini
3. Southernplayalistic
4. Stankonia

Love Below isn't THAT bad.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

never been a fan. too soft for me. not a knock, just an opinion.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
Roy Munson
The Rubberman

Roy Munson has decent reputationRoy Munson has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
Love Below isn't THAT bad.

You're right, it's not. I actually enjoyed most of Love Below. "Prototype" and "She Lives in my Lap" are probably my two faves. The reason I ranked it that low is because I considered Speakerboxx and L.B. as one album for the ranking. I didn't like Speakerboxx at all, and I was comparing them to the previous Outkast albums which, IMO, blow them away.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #10
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Atliens is no doubt my favourite. It had such a moody, dark, but at the same time uplifting spiritual vibe to it. That contrasting mix made it such an amazing album. Thematically speaking, its one of the best hip hop albums ever. The Alien theme was present throughout the whole album and the production matched it. You could almost feel yourself riding with Dre and Big Boi in the Atlanta backwoods. You just don't get a lot of albums like this anymore.

Aquemini was great though, it just doesn't have the replay value of Atliens to me. Which I still bump to this day.

Last edited by Vragrant : 12-16-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #11
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

can't choose between southerplayalistic, ATLiens, and aquemini but i think i'm leaning towards aquemini. btw i LOVED stankonia and speakerboxx/love below, but haven't heard idlewild yet.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #12
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Aquemini
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Aquemini or ATLiens for me no question. Aquemini is more of a masterpiece I suppose, so many styles and so f*cking solid top to bottom. ATLiens is just a sick "real hip hop" album that is also relentless from start to finish. two of my favorite albums of all time certainly and nothing they've done since (or southernplayaistic...) has touched them.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #14
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson

1. ATLiens
2. Aquemini
3. Southernplayalistic
4. Stankonia

swap 'atliens'/'aquemini' and you have my list. as much as i love 'atliens', 'aquemini' comes out on top. just too many great tracks/verses/features on it. plus, the production is on another planet.

@ hito - don't bother w/ 'idlewild'. i was truly disappointed with that project. it's the one 'kast joint that i have actively disliked and refuse to listen to again.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #15
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
swap 'atliens'/'aquemini' and you have my list. as much as i love 'atliens', 'aquemini' comes out on top. just too many great tracks/verses/features on it. plus, the production is on another planet.

@ hito - don't bother w/ 'idlewild'. i was truly disappointed with that project. it's the one 'kast joint that i have actively disliked and refuse to listen to again.
Idlewild is not bad, but not great by any stretch.

Stankonia
Aquimini
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
ATLiens
Southernplayalistcadillaccfunkymuzik
-
Idlewild

Anyone heard "Class of 3000"
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: