Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 12-19-2008, 02:02 AM   #1
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Is it time

To seek trades for Nash?
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:50 AM   #2
nmsunsfan
I airball my layups

nmsunsfan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is it time

I will admit that I was pretty pissed off after tonight's game, but I still say give him more time. If he would just stop turning the ball over so much we would be in good shape.

His last 6 games do kinda scare me though...

vs uth: 38mins, 4-14 fg, 0-6 3pt, 12pts, 4 TO
vs mil: 31mins, 6-8 fg, 1-1 3pt, 19pts, 5 TO
@ lal: 35mins, 2-12 fg, 2-9 3pt, 7pts, 4 TO
vs orl: 36mins, 8-18 fg, 4-5 3pt, 21pts, 4 TO
vs nyk: 39mins, 8-18 fg, 2-5 3pt, 21pts, 3 TO
@ por: 36mins, 5-14 fg, 1-3 3pt, 15pts, 6 TO
nmsunsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:57 AM   #3
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was just thinking that it may be time to get what we can from him. W/ no visible replacement in sight maybe we should look into trading him I like the idea of trading for BDavis, but I am not even sure if the #'s work out. Also another option would be to send Dragic over to another team and let him become an allstar and then sign him later on and see if we can have lightning strike twice for us.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
joni
I hit open layups

joni has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
To seek trades for Nash?

Oh sure, why not? Over the last six games mentioned he's been a little off, working to adapt to the constant disruption and give the bigs the touches they're both wailing about--and he still managed to average 16 w/9 assists per game. Nevertheless, he has the best +/- on the whole team for the season (+17). I'm sure there are all kinds of better PGs just salivating to come to Phoenix and join the group therapy sessions.

Last edited by joni : 12-19-2008 at 12:10 PM.
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
drummer44
Can barely lace up my sneakers

drummer44 has an OK reputation so far

I don't think Nash is going anywhere this season, but if things don't pan out and he continues to struggle they may shop him come next season.

We're seeing a couple things here. This all started last season when we got Shaq, Nash started to struggle. With the slow down game and Shaq clogging up the middle, there's no room for Nash to operate. He can no longer play his herky jerky type of maneuvers on the baseline and find the open guy like he use to with Amare or Diaw hanging out on the perimeter. Other centers had to honor both Stat and Diaw so they were pulled out of the lane which opened things up for Nash more.

We also played run and gun more so other teams weren't able to rough up Nash on the perimeter. Now, if you notice every single team is sending their best big perimeter defender and sticking it to Nash defensively, really pressuring him. This is why he's getting pissed when Amare doesn't come out to help him.

This is also the reason he's turning the ball over more. Before it was run and gun, other teams didn't get an opportunity so pressure him as much. Now in more a half court game, they're pressuring him hard. He's not very big so he's easily forced out away from the basket.

It's the same thing we see with him the past three playoff series. Half court game comes more into play in the playoffs. Nash gets pressured more. Plus he's getting older and not quite as quick as he was. I noticed it halfway through the season last year he was losing a step.

Kerr said he's staying here though.
drummer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
joni
I hit open layups

joni has an OK reputation so far

"Kerr said he's staying here though."

Translation: He'll soon be gone.
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation

The Suns are a playoff team this year, and probably next year as well. Without Nash they are not, because even with the turnovers this team relies on him so much offensively. Unless we got a real lot for him I wouldn't even consider trading him. Let him stay until his contract is up.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #8
drummer44

drummer44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouXer4ouR
The Suns are a playoff team this year, and probably next year as well. Without Nash they are not, because even with the turnovers this team relies on him so much offensively. Unless we got a real lot for him I wouldn't even consider trading him. Let him stay until his contract is up.

I'd like to see them find a comfortable balance to the post up or run and gun game.

If it's a made basket by the other team, Either Nash has to bring the ball up and pass it quickly and run off some screens, or someone else needs to bring the ball up, run Nash off some screens to help free him up so he has the opportunity to work his magic. As long as he his dribbling at the top of the key while we get in our half court set, he's going to be pressured and that is a bad start to the play being called.
drummer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:03 AM   #9
nmsunsfan
I airball my layups

nmsunsfan has an OK reputation so far

It was tough for me to tell watching the stream/replays (they black out LP Denver games here in NM) ... but did he actually look happy out there tonight? Kinda looked like it, and if so that is awesome. Had been awhile.
nmsunsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #10
barkleynash
High School Starter

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

gotta wait it out this season at least. This season is still about competing for a title so they should keep it intact. You can't get value for nash anyway at this point. I still say if you trade anyone then lets go Amare for Dirk!!!
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #11
warriorsfan9

warriorsfan9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
I was just thinking that it may be time to get what we can from him. W/ no visible replacement in sight maybe we should look into trading him I like the idea of trading for BDavis, but I am not even sure if the #'s work out. Also another option would be to send Dragic over to another team and let him become an allstar and then sign him later on and see if we can have lightning strike twice for us.

hey man trade nash for Davis and ill change my nick into Sunsfan9
warriorsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: