Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 09-19-2006, 03:38 AM   #1
DallasMavs31
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default I cant believe this

why is everyone wanting to get rid of J-Ho? its stupid hes a great player, and all of yall want him out? hes a dominating defender, and a great Offensive player, hes gonna be the next lockdown defender in the leauge, and he young, just boggles my mind that yall wanna trade him.
DallasMavs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
Shark
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMavs31
why is everyone wanting to get rid of J-Ho? its stupid hes a great player, and all of yall want him out? hes a dominating defender, and a great Offensive player, hes gonna be the next lockdown defender in the leauge, and he young, just boggles my mind that yall wanna trade him.

Maybe because the "next lockdown defender in the league" was simply torched by the younger Wade (let alone Kobe)? Or because he's often injured?
Howard's a great player, really gifted, but no way I would pay him 10M$ or more.
I see a lot of guys with his position near the same level as him.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
soog
I brick open layups

wait who wants to trade him? I feel like any post you have seen by a mavs fan saying they want to trade him was made with extreme sarcasm. He should be a pillar of this time for quite some time.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #4
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

I don't know where this often injured comes from. Last year he missed games due to injury. Let's see this a few more times before we put that tag on him. He wore a cast after the playoffs were over last year to heal from an injury he was playing with. Odom has had seasons of 29, 40 and 60 games. He's played 7 where Josh has played 3. That's a little more wear and tear on the body. Odom is a good talent, but as stated Josh fits better. I think Odom needs to be involved to be more effective. And he just wouldn't be touching the ball as much here in Dallas. Josh also isn't a lockdown defender. He's taken a step back in his defense in my mind. He needs to get back to where he was his first two seasons. Though it's not a crime to be "torched" by Wade and Kobe. That's like blasting pf's because they get "torched" by Dirk, Duncan, and KG.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: