Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Predict when Colangelo will make a move

Predict when Bryan Colangelo will our that " Special " Trade that we have been waiting for .......

I say probably 1 - 2 months from now if anything .......

What do you guys think, how long?
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #2
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Predict when Colangelo will make a move

I say he doesn't make a move until the offseason. Although I do think anyone that is lippy could be shipped out as we've seen before. Colangelo has said in the passed he wants to see improvement from within the team, that doesn't mean this team is set in stone but its pretty safe to say this team will get the chance to improve over a number of seasons. Raptor fans are so bloody impatient they think a player can get drafted number one overall and then a season later expect an MVP season. Colangelo clearly said he's building a young core and letting them play hence why you never see Jake play.

Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Colangelo clearly said he's building a young core
He's done a terrible job then, so far.

The "only" core players I see on this team are Bosh, O'Neal and Calderon. Solid but not a great core to begin with. Bosh was brought in by Grunwald and Calderon by Babcock. So 30 year old O'Neal is the only Colangelo player in there.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

I think Calderon isn't that young, he is 26. Almost 27.
I like this mid-age core, not too young not too old, but enough age to play thru playoff games.

As for the thread question, you really cant expand a disucssion bout' this cause B.C is unpredictable
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I think he is going to give every chance for Jay Triano to implement his systems and his playbook.

Regardless of some what some people say that takes a lot of time.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #6
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I think he is going to give every chance for Jay Triano to implement his systems and his playbook.

Regardless of some what some people say that takes a lot of time.

Actually it doesnt take as much as you think, reason being is that these players have seen it all in there careers from Highschool, college and pros.

None of Triano's sets or plays are new to anyone,

What the Raptors need right now is PRACTICE with Jay. I read that they have had 4 practices with him and 2 of those were video sessions.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Another brutal thread jcrp3. Maybe before the deadline? Maybe not? More likely this off-season? What do you want to hear to make you feel better? I like the direction the team has taken the past few games. Yes we have some holes in the roster but BC is confident in the team, so let's see how the month plays out.

Where's the mediator anyways?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I like the direction the team has taken the past few games.

you like losing to the Thunder the worst team in the league? ....... great you must love being a " LOSER " , if you don't like the thread don't talk in it no one will care if your not talking here ...... it's that simple ......
Old 12-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #9
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

It is allways better to wait until your team is percieved to be doing well, only than will you receive full value for your players. Kapono on a team that has a .300 winning percentage is going to have a whole lot more value if he is connected to our team at .600 win percentage. Sure people say we won't get to .600 as our team is constructed, maybe not. But certainly it appears that the worst in terms of scheduling is over and the way Jermaine is now playing, we certainly should start to climb the ladder of respectability from here onward. In other words it is better if Colangelo waits at this time unless someone knocks his socks off with an offer and i'm pretty sure he's thinking along these lines at this point. Teams that fall out of contention will start to look to build for next year and our first round pick will also have a lot more value down the road than it does at this point. GM's will look to appease team fan bases by aquiring future first rounders as a means to show hope. As a result, players will become available that at this point may not be. Our next deal needs to be significant, not just a lateral move. We need a slasher like a Gerald Wallace, J.R smith type of player, but that can hopefully also defend the position. Even Carlos Delfino sure would have looked good as this team is now constructed, he would certainly be getting starter minutes had we not let him get away. In hindsight he should have been signed prior to last season, and probably gotten cheap. Oh well , s*** happens!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
you like losing to the Thunder the worst team in the league? ....... great you must love being a " LOSER " , if you don't like the thread don't talk in it no one will care if your not talking here ...... it's that simple ......

You think Boston like losing to the 3rd worst team last night more? I still remember Raptors team beat Jordan, pipen bulls team in 96. We are not a good team, you people just think we do because all we do is looking at the paper.

Still lots of time to catch up, no need to go make a trade that doesn't take us to 2nd round+ since everyone atm is dumping salary for 2010.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #11
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
You think Boston like losing to the 3rd worst team last night more? I still remember Raptors team beat Jordan, pipen bulls team in 96. We are not a good team, you people just think we do because all we do is looking at the paper.

Still lots of time to catch up, no need to go make a trade that doesn't take us to 2nd round+ since everyone atm is dumping salary for 2010.

True but, a Wing player is all we need to be up there with the top teams ..... you do realize we have one of the BEST players in the league ..... and if there is a time to make some moves to become a championship contender it would be RIGHT NOW! .......
Old 12-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #12
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

pocketWs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Another brutal thread jcrp3. Maybe before the deadline? Maybe not? More likely this off-season? What do you want to hear to make you feel better? I like the direction the team has taken the past few games. Yes we have some holes in the roster but BC is confident in the team, so let's see how the month plays out.

Where's the mediator anyways?

I have to agree with your first statement, we have at least 4 threads in this forum concerning trades, why don't posters just resurrect an older trade thread and just post their questions in one of those instead of always having to create a new thread for absolutly nothing? Many poster have good comments and opinions that make threads interesting and everyone's posts dictate where the conversation goes, by creating so many threads, you end-up diluting the "quality pool". The solution, read the current threads, search for a pre-existing thread relating to your question/comment/opinion. We're lucky to have one of the most active forums on ISH, let's try to make it one of the best quality-wise.

Where's the moderator?

Quote:
True but, a Wing player is all we need to be up there with the top teams ..... you do realize we have one of the BEST players in the league ..... and if there is a time to make some moves to become a championship contender it would be RIGHT NOW! .......

You've been flooding this forum with trade request threads! After every lose, you want to send everyone packing except Bosh because they suck, after a Raptors win, you seem to think that everyone's (except Bosh) trade value has risen so high that we can get anyone we want. this madness has to end! So once in for all prove to me that you actually know something about the NBA and please illustrate us how you'd realistically run this team!
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:43 AM   #13
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketWs
I have to agree with your first statement, we have at least 4 threads in this forum concerning trades, why don't posters just resurrect an older trade thread and just post their questions in one of those instead of always having to create a new thread for absolutly nothing? Many poster have good comments and opinions that make threads interesting and everyone's posts dictate where the conversation goes, by creating so many threads, you end-up diluting the "quality pool". The solution, read the current threads, search for a pre-existing thread relating to your question/comment/opinion. We're lucky to have one of the most active forums on ISH, let's try to make it one of the best quality-wise.

Where's the moderator?

You've been flooding this forum with trade request threads! After every lose, you want to send everyone packing except Bosh because they suck, after a Raptors win, you seem to think that everyone's (except Bosh) trade value has risen so high that we can get anyone we want. this madness has to end! So once in for all prove to me that you actually know something about the NBA and please illustrate us how you'd realistically run this team!

Answer the question and stop chirping honestly no body cares what you have to say here, everyone was responding and here you come with your ignorance, if you don't like the thread then don't say anything ignore it ....... keep it moving
Old 12-28-2008, 02:58 AM   #14
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Answer the question and stop chirping honestly no body cares what you have to say here, everyone was responding and here you come with your ignorance, if you don't like the thread then don't say anything ignore it ....... keep it moving

He's just saying to stop making new threads and post on other ones so that the quality of the discussion is better. Your discussion is valid, and we all consider your input, but a lot of it is not thread material. I'm not chirping you, but at the same time it kinda pisses me off. I forget who said it, but someone in the Happy Holidays thread said let the New Year garner more avid Raptor fans, not rabid. I think he or she was referring to you.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #15
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

That is my quote regarding fans Toni, thanks you for mentioning it, I thought it was a good one.

But jrcp3 is right, leave his posts alone. This guy is so simple, so self centered, so immature and poorly educated that even if he had a good idea he has no way to put that thought across.

He has made more guarantees & more promises then anybody else in here. He believes his own words, is convinced of his own prognostications, and considers himself (in his own world) to be an authority. Yet his education level in still grade school equivalent, his thought process still hindered by his child hood injury, his stature in the forum about half as tall as Danny Devito's.

Hes right, just leave him alone. Some kids are best ignored. His mom still loves him.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: