Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here
Default Slumdog Millionaire or Benjamin Button?

Gonna watch a movie with my moms. Its been awhile since we hung out/talk. Which film should I watch with her?
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Slumdog Millionaire or Benjamin Button?

both have had excellent reviews and are oscar contenders.

slum dog millionaire thoe i think has done slightly better, so far.

either way, both should be great.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
both have had excellent reviews and are oscar contenders.

slum dog millionaire thoe i think has done slightly better, so far.

either way, both should be great.

That didn't exactly help me lol.

She'd rather see Benjamin Button since she's never even heard of Slumdog. I'd rather see Slumdog though. I think that has more potential to pleasantly surprise her.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

Go see Slumdog instead. It's excellent.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
That didn't exactly help me lol.

She'd rather see Benjamin Button since she's never even heard of Slumdog. I'd rather see Slumdog though. I think that has more potential to pleasantly surprise her.
She'll like Slumdog Millionaire better.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm going to talk about your mom like she was my mom, because I don't know your mom, and all moms are the exact same anyways. Except, like, Courtney Love or something. Anyways, I would think Benjamin button would appeal more to the typical mom - it seems like it would be more... wholesome. I haven't seen it, but that's the vibe I get. On the other hand, I can't imagine anyone disliking Slumdog, and it's not like it's some crazy action flick that wouldn't appeal to the more sensitive type. She'd probably like both with a slight edge to BB, but if you want to see Slumdog a little more (which you should - I'm expecting it to be the better movie), go for that.

Plus the credits of Slumdog rock my socks.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
Kensta
National High School Star

Kensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected poster

Just watched Slumdog Millionaire. Great movie. Can't go wrong with that movie. I haven't watch Benjamin Button yet but I hear mixed reviews about it.
Kensta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta
Just watched Slumdog Millionaire. Great movie. Can't go wrong with that movie. I haven't watch Benjamin Button yet but I hear mixed reviews about it.
That's the key part. At the very least you won't feel that you've wasted your money watching it (I think it's the best movie I've seen this year).
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

If you see Benjamin Button, be careful not to disturb the other moviegoers.

http://www.newser.com/story/46428/mo...r-talking.html
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:51 PM   #10
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

Ended up seeing Benjamin. Slumdog wasn't playing in the theater that we went. It was good. Kind of slow and I def. got a Forest Gump vibe(I think it was the same writer.) Also didn't think Brad Pitt was THAT great in it. But the cinematography, makeup, and special effects were incredible. Its also the first time I've ever thought that Cate Blanchett looked hot....
Old 12-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #11
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Just watched Slumdog Millionaire, and I have to say it's terrific. I would say it's one of the top 2 movies I've seen all year - between this and Dark Knight. Superb story, the movie was very well put together, and the acting was great.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: