Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default I Saw Something Ridiculous Today.

I saw an Ed Hardy t-shirt with a skull that had a mohawk and the phrase "Punk's Not Dead"

And the price tag said like 80 bucks I believe. It was in some new store I saw, which basically looked like Hot Topic for black folks I guess. It was all the tight clothes and Nike Dunks and all that fuckery that has even spread to Detroit now. It's not an epidemic here yet, but this store's very existence says enough. But the real moral of the story is, Ed Hardy gear is not that sweet (to me) and overpriced, and how many people do you see wearin it that actually even know what punk rock is? Let alone how to check it's vital signs and see if it is in fact alive or dead. It's like the mu****as you see wearin the Misfits shirts cuz they think the skull is cool. But I digress again, the fact of the matter is, how many "punks" are gonna spend 80 dollars on a t-shirt in a faux designer store to proclaim that their favorite genre of music is alive and kicking? When did it become to be "different", which is instead just being the exact same as all the other pseudo anti-conformists that you're following? I feel like Mathius, that **** irritates the hell outta me. Just do you, stop compromising your individuality. What irritates me even more is that I've always been confused and mixed my own backgrounds and upbringing for my style (or lack thereof) which is sometimes misconstrued as following these fuck boys these days.

P.S. - Miskeen > Ed Hardy.

P.P.S. - Punk rock is in a coma. And as far as I'm concerned, dies a little more and more every time the geriatric touring/merchandising Misfits keep desecrating the name of The Misfits, The Ramones, and Black Flag.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I Saw Something Ridiculous Today.

All the kids are trying so hard to be different now, and are all starting to look the same.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #3
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not as bad as this shirt:

That's last of the white nigg3rs if you have no imagination.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation

People will keep wearing Ed Hardy's, regardless of what else it says on the t-shirt.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Ed Hardy gear was so to years ago...That stuff is gonna go out of style quick. Buy nice pieces even if they are expensive but buy timeless pieces so you are building a wardrobe. One thing I will say is that people in general need to step they jean game up and get better fits. Im still seeing entirely too tight or too loose jeans.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

i feel you . 2 of my black friends dress like that, and they wear black sabbath and iron maiden t-shirts, and when you go to their myspaces its some kinda screamo music . they don't actually listen to it, they're just trying to be different . and yeah i'm sure i've went on numerous rants about this whole neon colors trend . dasher said it best, that everyones trying to look so different now they end up looking the same .
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
i feel you . 2 of my black friends dress like that, and they wear black sabbath and iron maiden t-shirts, and when you go to their myspaces its some kinda screamo music . they don't actually listen to it, they're just trying to be different . and yeah i'm sure i've went on numerous rants about this whole neon colors trend . dasher said it best, that everyones trying to look so different now they end up looking the same .

It's a damn shame. I thought the Dior glasses was a bad trend for niiggas, but I had no idea what we were in store for.

You cannot be anti-establishment or anti-conformity and express your individuality by looking the exact same as everyone else. I knew this kid that always wanted to be hard and always wanted to ride with me and a couple of my people a couple years back, we never let him play any reindeer games though. But then all of a sudden I see him like 1/2 years ago prolly and he's out here with the rope chain and Ed Hardy and chain wallets and ****, and I'm like, "What happened to you? You were always tryin to be a hood niigga back then, now you Jim Jones Junior?" and he started talkin bout how he was too grown for the bull****, and he moved on. Yeah niigga you moved on when you couldn't be a part of nothin, you started blindly followin trends. [DJ Paul] You ***** you [/DJ Paul]

I'm about to just go get a Dickie suit for every day of the week.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
Phar
Banned

Phar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ugly shirt. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher

All the kids are trying so hard to be different now, and are all starting to look the same.
Agreed. I see people dressing almost exactly like that everyday. Even a friend of mine dresses like that.

Last edited by Phar : 12-29-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Phar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

very well said . all the straight up hood niggas is still rockin' big **** but it seems to me like all the wannabes is wearing fitted stuff . yeah i'll wear stussy and schmack once in a while and cop some dunks but never these fluorescent cool kids lookin' clothes . people will follow a trend no matter how stupid it is .

^^ that's what hip hop's merging with .
Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
It's a damn shame. I thought the Dior glasses was a bad trend for niiggas, but I had no idea what we were in store for.

You cannot be anti-establishment or anti-conformity and express your individuality by looking the exact same as everyone else. I knew this kid that always wanted to be hard and always wanted to ride with me and a couple of my people a couple years back, we never let him play any reindeer games though. But then all of a sudden I see him like 1/2 years ago prolly and he's out here with the rope chain and Ed Hardy and chain wallets and ****, and I'm like, "What happened to you? You were always tryin to be a hood niigga back then, now you Jim Jones Junior?" and he started talkin bout how he was too grown for the bull****, and he moved on. Yeah niigga you moved on when you couldn't be a part of nothin, you started blindly followin trends. [DJ Paul] You ***** you [/DJ Paul]

I'm about to just go get a Dickie suit for every day of the week.

During the height of the Dior glasses hype I was selling fake apparel. After a week on the job I had all the cats on the block wear black and pink fake Dior glasses. I was like this is what's hot on South Beach. Everytime I dropped by the block I had a hard time containing my laughter enough to move my fake Js, Lacoste shirts, and evisu jeans.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

80 dollars for a ****ing t-shirt. man some people are ****ing crazy....
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Glad that normal fitting polo shirts, blue jeans, and sports team shirts never go out of style. I'm set.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #13
JayGuevara
Hellbound

At least this is still in the suburbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itxU9egtshs

Sadly, this was pretty much on my block. That's 7 Mile and Meyers right there in the beginning. Them niiggas was on the mile with that weak ****. Damn shame.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #14
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara

At least this is still in the suburbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itxU9egtshs

Sadly, this was pretty much on my block. That's 7 Mile and Meyers right there in the beginning. Them niiggas was on the mile with that weak ****. Damn shame.

i was walking with a girl in the mall the other day and i seen some kids rockin' them brow glasses .. if those are cool now then my dad's been fresh for the last 20 years .
Old 12-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #15
DC's Finest
My Shit Don't Stank.

DC's Finest has decent reputationDC's Finest has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
i was walking with a girl in the mall the other day and i seen some kids rockin' them brow glasses .. if those are cool now then my dad's been fresh for the last 20 years .
DC's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: