Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 12-31-2008, 04:40 AM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Wallace For Chandler??

This trade makes you think a bit.

Quote:
In its speculation regarding five trades that need to happen before the upcoming February 19 trade deadline, Sports Illustrated mentioned Hornets center Tyson Chandler for Detroit Pistons' Rasheed Wallace. "Honestly, at this point in my career, I don't pay attention to it,'' Chandler said in his response to the speculation Monday. "I've only been involved in trade rumors once during my final year in Chicago. Once you start focusing on that stuff, you lose track on what you are trying to do. I don't even read newspapers or watch the sports channels.'' Chandler has another year remaining on his contract after this season before he can possibly opt of his contract and become a free agent in 2010. Wallace is in the final year of his contract with the Pistons. -- New Orleans Times-Picayune

I really like Chandler and have had the opportunity to meet him. He's a defensive minded guy who would fit in at Detroit. The problem I see with this trade is we need to somehow trade a small for a big. I know it's a difficult thing to do, but having any of our PF's starting next to Chandler isn't going to win us a championship any faster than any of our PF's starting next to Sheed. As much as Sheed can be a distraction, he is still needed. To win a championship, we need to put another very good big man next to him. We need a guy who will stay down low, rebound, and play D. If we had Chandler and Sheed, I would be happy. I would give up Rip in that Scenario. That would be a very very good starting 5 with a McDyess and a bunch of talented youngsters to make a deep bench. The team would be legit.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation
Default Re: Wallace For Chandler??

trading sheed? Hell no.. We need a big men, not give up one..

I think if there will be a trade involving the pistons it will be rip hamilton...
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Not Sheed. Please not Sheed, we need our Bigs. I think trade Rip for Chandler, then we got a good Stuckey-Iverson backcourt with Tay at his natural position and Sheed dominating 4's and Tyson at the 5. And our team will be very deep.

Also, in '10 Iverson's contract runs out and we got loads of cap space.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
Not Sheed. Please not Sheed, we need our Bigs. I think trade Rip for Chandler, then we got a good Stuckey-Iverson backcourt with Tay at his natural position and Sheed dominating 4's and Tyson at the 5. And our team will be very deep.

Also, in '10 Iverson's contract runs out and we got loads of cap space.
iverson and sheed expire this year. unless we think afflalo or some FA is gonna be starting for us next year we should try and hold on to rip.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

Quote me at the end of the season.
Afflalo WILL be ready to start next year.
Not saying he will, but he will without a doubt be ready.
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: