Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-31-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Bragnani Situation...

He is not the reason why this team is failing but is a part of it. He is streaky and cannot rebound as well as someone his size. He has good defense and can become a stud but only in the right situation. He is a PF (Bosh is the man in TO) NOT A C OR SF. I keep wondering why he is not traded and is forced to play out of position. Drafting him has set this franchise back not forward. I think he could be traded along with parker and a 2nd for deng and thabo it works for both teams, Bulls get a bigman who can is a good interior defender and can score. Raptors get deng a SF who both plays good defense and attacks the rim (good second option) and a SG who could potetially become a defense stopper and attacks the rim. The wing positions improve dramatically in terms of defense and driving to the basket. Any opinions?
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bragnani Situation...

Drafting him was a huge mistake. That's all there is to it. He's been a consistently bad player for 2+ seasons now. If the Raptors were hell-bent on taking a big man then they should've taken Aldridge. I think they'd have a much easier time getting good trade value for Aldridge right now than they are with Bargnani.

He can't shoot.
He can't rebound.
He can't dribble or create his own shot well.
He's a solid man to man defensive player but awful in terms of help D and rotations.
He's a ball stopper on offense. The ball gets to him and he fakes, holds, weakly attempts to drive then dumps it off. No ball movement whatsoever from him. That could be expected from a good scorer like Bosh who you want to keep the ball but not someone like Bargnani.

IMO the worst part is that anytime he might have a good game, guess who will see into it the most? Bryan Colangelo. I bet he is looking for ANY reason to keep him and validate the 1st overall selection. This is obviously just speculation but it's plausible. Colangelo will see more from Bargnani 10 good games then his 72 bad ones in a season.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Bargnani is horrible.. what concerns me is his poor IQ on D, rebounding and offense.

Defence - does not understand the rotations
Rebound - does not understand how the ball is going to land, and poor box out
Offence - makes up his mind (shoot vs drive) before he catches the ball

Drafting him and thinking that he could be bullish is not a mistake, but Drafting him 1st is a big mistake.. we could have got him with a later pick, second round OR get him now at his 3rd year, when nobody wants him
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's what i'm saying!! Why the hell didn't we take Aldridge. That's who I wanted us to take at that time, even Bosh wanted him. I remember an article coming out how Bosh was good friends with Aldridge and he thinks he would really help the team. I'm not gonna call Bargnani the reason we're losing, but he needs to go, it's clear as day.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

pocketWs has an OK reputation so far

The biggest mistake is the creation of this thread....

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=113920

Does Bargnani need 2 threads???

pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:03 PM   #6
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketWs
The biggest mistake is the creation of this thread....

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=113920

Does Bargnani need 2 threads???

Yeah honestly it seems everything he does is under a giant spotlight just because he was taken first overall. Honestly people need to back the **** up and get off his back. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion on him, but theres no need to make a thread on him after every game. This board reminds me alot of the Raptors and the quality or lack there of both seem to posses, so I try not to come here as much as possible. But when your feeling under the whether on New Years and your stuck at home, I'd say the best place to go to sh!t on people that are sh!tting on pro basketball players is right here.

I guess the kids that can't go out and drink are all bored and have nothing better to do than talk smack about the team they love sooo much.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
Yeah honestly it seems everything he does is under a giant spotlight just because he was taken first overall. Honestly people need to back the **** up and get off his back. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion on him, but theres no need to make a thread on him after every game. This board reminds me alot of the Raptors and the quality or lack there of both seem to posses, so I try not to come here as much as possible. But when your feeling under the whether on New Years and your stuck at home, I'd say the best place to go to sh!t on people that are sh!tting on pro basketball players is right here.

I guess the kids that can't go out and drink are all bored and have nothing better to do than talk smack about the team they love sooo much.

When you drafted FIRST overall you usually are expected to live up to expectations. So yeah i don't see anything wrong with him being in the spot light thats what happens to the FIRST pick. Anyway its been two years for Bargs, he has had plenty of time to adapt to the nba now. Which means bargs is either in the wrong position or is a bust. I believe Bargs is in the wrong position and probably will be a nice piece for another team. So he should be traded to a team that can play him at the PF. I see nothing wrong with having two threads on the bargs, guess what this is a forum about the raptors. BTW who is talking smack about the team?
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #8
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
That's what i'm saying!! Why the hell didn't we take Aldridge. That's who I wanted us to take at that time, even Bosh wanted him. I remember an article coming out how Bosh was good friends with Aldridge and he thinks he would really help the team. I'm not gonna call Bargnani the reason we're losing, but he needs to go, it's clear as day.

The funny thing is CHRIS BOSH WANTED ALDRIDGE THE WHOLE TEAM!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:42 AM   #9
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3

Do you have a mental disability or something? The things you type are just ridiculous. Anyways, decent stat line for Bargs tonight (In a Loss).

26 Points (9/19 FG, 3/6 3PT)
6 Rebounds
5 Blocks
2 Steals

Why can't he do this consistently!?
The talent is there! Put it together for god sakes.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Clippers and Wizards fans asked the same things once.

Kwame Brown 2nd season:
2002-10-30: 12 pts, 18 rebs, 5 blks
2003-01-02: 20 pts, 12 rebs, 2 blks
2002-11-16: 15 pts, 11 rebs, 2 blks

Michael Olowokandi 2nd season:
2000-01-08: 24 pts, 17 rebs
2000-01-23: 12 pts, 13 rebs, 5 blks
2000-03-28: 27 pts, 8 rebs

It happens. Since these guys were all 1st picks, you want to so bad look at the few good games rather than all the bad ones but in the end, the long-term results win out.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3

So, didn't Conley Jr. want to play with Oden his lifelong butt buddy. You can't always get want you want.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #12
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Do you have a mental disability or something?

LMFAO, thats ****ing hilarious bro.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15

Ewwww why the hell didn't we tak R.O.Y. period!! Bosh Roy Calderon & JO just think of the posibilities with that lineup!!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
Ewwww why the hell didn't we tak R.O.Y. period!! Bosh Roy Calderon & JO just think of the posibilities with that lineup!!
Because absolutely nobody would have took Roy with the first pick in that draft. Nobody mentioned him as a potential first overall pick. It was Aldridge, Gay, Bargnani and Thomas that were all getting labelled as potential first round picks. Nobody thought that Roy would become this good.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #15
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Do you have a mental disability or something? The things you type are just ridiculous. Anyways, decent stat line for Bargs tonight (In a Loss).

26 Points (9/19 FG, 3/6 3PT)
6 Rebounds
5 Blocks
2 Steals

Because it was a FLUKE!!!! i suck at golf and still get the occassional PAR with a lucky chip or a long long putt.. but overall i am still at +120 golfer!

While you ask why can't he do this consistently, you should be reminded that he is consistently sucking !!!
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: