Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default We might get Delfino back

Quote:
Carlos Delfino is back on the Raptors' radar.

During a halftime interview yesterday, general manager Bryan Colangelo, without provocation, mentioned the swingman's name as a possibility.

Delfino left the Raptors last season as a restricted free agent, bolting to Russian club team Khimki BC in what is believed to be a three-year deal worth $12 million US.

The Raptors can match any offer by opposing NBA clubs for Delfino, who emerged as a very productive reserve in his only season in Toronto.

Colangelo traded second-round picks in 2009 and 2011 to Detroit to acquire Delfino, who averaged 9.0 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists as a Raptor.

Colangelo is prepared to match any offer, even though the Raptors are walking a thin line with regards to the league's tax threshold.

Taken from the Toronto Sun. I for one would wecome him with open arms.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: We might get Delfino back

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE DELFINO BACK!!!!

if he comes off the bench, we will never have to give up 2-digit leads!!!

but i want to see him start a the 3 spot!!!

I WOULD CHIP IN $$$ TO GET HIM BACK!!!! IF THE LUXURY TAX IS THE ISSUE!!!
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Why is the MLSE so cheap? So many other rich organizations spend over the luxury tax all the time. Let's start spendinnnng $$$.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

Delfino is still getting pay in time and BC alrady said Saturday they are really looking to get him back for sure next year but this year it will be differcult!
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
Delfino is still getting pay in time and BC alrady said Saturday they are really looking to get him back for sure next year but this year it will be differcult!

it is difficult coz they are cheap... didn't bobcats get kristic ?
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #6
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman

I'm pretty sure the Thunder signed him to an offer sheet. Not too sure though.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:36 AM   #7
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I'm pretty sure the Thunder signed him to an offer sheet. Not too sure though.

The Nets didn't match the Thunders offer sheet so yeah, he's with OKC now.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman

It's difficult mostly because Delfino is still under contract with his Russian team and even if they were willing to release him there would have to be some buyout between them and the Raptors I believe. He is not just sitting around at home free to go where he wants.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #9
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Why is the MLSE so cheap? So many other rich organizations spend over the luxury tax all the time. Let's start spendinnnng $$$.

Other than the Knicks the other rich organizations are actually contenders that will actually go deep into the playoffs. And mentioning the Knicks they have spent huge and got nowhere.

You think going over the tax even if they are able to get Delfino is going to be a good investment. They go over the tax they lose I heard about $3million minimum from the pool of money the NBA would give them for being under the cap and then pay dollar for dollar over the cap. It could cost them +$5mil easily. You think that +$5 mil will be earned back in the playoffs. Delfino is not going to have that huge of an impact.

Funny how all of a sudden people love Delfino.

Last edited by huppcap : 01-06-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Exactly. Delfion is a marginal NBA player. He's ok to solid, but nothing special. The fact that we're close to the tax with 2.5 good players on our entire roster makes me so sad. And that our major addition very well could be bringing back Delfino......

Last edited by RapsFan : 01-06-2009 at 12:09 PM.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
huppcap
Local High School Star

Delfino is a decent player. Was he worth two 2nd round picks? Probably because most second round picks end up doing nothing. Delfino has his moments where he plays really well.

Funny thing is there is some guy (that goes by the name Agridome) that makes comments on the Toronto Star articles and every second comment is how Joe Dumars fleeced Colangelo in giving up 2 2nd round picks for Delfino. I thought it was a good move and risk taken by Colangelo.

Anyhow just my opinion.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

I'd welcome back Delfino with open arms...I liked him last year actually and was disapointed when he didnt return.

I remember many a games where he seemed to be the only Raptor willing to take the ball to the hole and get hit on a regular basis. Didnt mind getting dirty.

Totally unlike our options at the 2 and 3 spot now.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #13
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

We need some new blood on our roster. I don't care if it's Delfino or another guard. We need something new.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #14
GoodTrade
I airball my layups

GoodTrade has an OK reputation so far

Delfino would add some nice depth at the 2 position. If that deal goes through I would also like to see a solid 3 brought in that can rebound and play tough D. That would make more a much better chance at getting to the 2nd round imo. Maybe we can swing a trade for O'neil and or a pick for that SF we all need?
GoodTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTrade
Delfino would add some nice depth at the 2 position. If that deal goes through I would also like to see a solid 3 brought in that can rebound and play tough D. That would make more a much better chance at getting to the 2nd round imo. Maybe we can swing a trade for O'neil and or a pick for that SF we all need?

Problem is the nba has a salary cap. We can't trade a pick for a player as we're over the cap, and JO has such a massive deal there are only so many guys you could move him for to make it match up.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: