Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation
Default Remember when Boston chanted MVP for Kobe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZ...eature=related

not to start a whole posting war about the two teams... just its so ironic now. gotta love what a winning team will due to its fan base..
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Remember when Boston chanted MVP for Kobe?

Gotta love the NEW Celtic bandwagon fans who couldnt been found anywhere when the team was winning 15-25 games a year Kinda like how you would see Bulls jerseys EVERYWHERE in the 90s. Its been about 8 years since I have seen even one here in CA
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

I don't really care if you call boston fans band wagoners or whatever but my expierence as a Celtic fan is that they were more Celtic fans on sites like ESPN message board, Celtics Blog, and Realgm Message board during the losing years. If you check Espn celtics board now compared to 8-9 years ago you will see a big diference. Now it is practilly dead while back in the days it was the busiest board on ESPN. RealGM used to have 30-40 page game threads now you will see 5-10 page game theads. Celticsblog definetly was more lively in 06 then 08.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Well he was amazing in that game so can you blame them? Anyway I know for a fact we'll never hear LA fans chanting MVP for the best player of an opposing team.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #6
Local High School Star

5150 has an OK reputation so far

I wonder what Boston Fans combacks will be? This thread has only one place to go.
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:31 AM   #7
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe there were LA fans in the crowd? durrrr!
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:54 AM   #8
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

puppychili has an OK reputation so far

Or maybe Boston fans just call it like they see it. Knick fans gave Jordan a standing ovation even though they ripped their hearts out countless times. Maybe Boston fans felt that Kobe had an MVP performance and thats why they did that.

Not every fan is as insecure as Laker fan. You would never see Laker fans give any player props during a game who wasn't wearing purple and gold. Wade or Lebron could go for 70 at Staples and all most Laker fans would do is whine and make excuses.

Laker fans only give props to players who wear purple and gold and as soon as you don't wear purple and gold anymore you're garbage. (see. Shaq) Watch how fast they turn on Kobe if he leaves L.A., which he probably never will.
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:57 AM   #9
sammdogg
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychili

Not every fan is as insecure as Laker fan. You would never see Laker fans give any player props during a game who wasn't wearing purple and gold. Wade or Lebron could go for 70 at Staples and all most Laker fans would do is whine and make excuses.

Laker fans only give props to players who wear purple and gold and as soon as you don't wear purple and gold anymore you're garbage. (see. Shaq) Watch how fast they turn on Kobe if he leaves L.A., which he probably never will.
If Lebron put up 70 at staples he wont get an mvp chant but he would get the respect of the laker fans... but he hasnt dont close to that so i guess it is different.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #10
sammdogg
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe there were LA fans in the crowd? durrrr!
that many..? its pretty loud.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:04 AM   #11
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Laker fans attempting to call out the fairweather fans of other teams. Oh the irony
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #12
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well the Celtics at that point were not the franchise they have been in ages...also they played back seat to The Pats and the Red Sox (probably still do) and when I say back I mean way back. So the Kobe MVP chants were not that shocking to me. I was actually sad because I was wondering were the rivalry had gone. But that was then and this is now...I can finaly say f*ck the Celtics with pride once again and really really really mean it.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:12 AM   #13
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Laker fans attempting to call out the fairweather fans of other teams. Oh the irony

How could there be any Laker fair weather fans when we only missed the playoffs how many times the past couple of years??? Come on Q you know the deal!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #14
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

puppychili has an OK reputation so far

Right on that Cris, the rivalry is back. I prefer the Boston fans chanting "You're no Jordan!" myself anyways.
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:16 AM   #15
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychili
Right on that Cris, the rivalry is back. I prefer the Boston fans chanting "You're no Jordan!" myself anyways.

Touche!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: