Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Have You Ever Been In A Bar Fight?

Personally, I have not. But every time I see a lil altercation start to break out in a bar (possibly other public places, but definitely not a club) I kinda hope it escalates with more people so I can just get in the middle and start re-enacting the video for Beat It and just start dancing and see if they follow suit and all squabbles are forgotten as we practice our moves like the video or not.

Honestly, if I saw someone start dancing like that and what not as I was gettin ready to bust a bottle over someone's head, I don't think I could even fight afterward. I'd just pause for a second like, "Wait, what?" and then I'd lose my concentration and try to figure out what happened and the fight would be over.

I was thinking about this the other day at work. I use my time wisely.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Have You Ever Been In A Bar Fight?

I've had friends (one in particular) who get into bar fights. I never got into one myself but I've had to back some people up more than a few times.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I got into a bar fight once in Venice Italy. Nothern Italians are not very good fighters.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If I got into an altercation of some kind at a pub, I'd like for it to go down like this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQGVCJOVQl4

.....though I doubt the guy I would be fighting would have turned into a zombie.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

been in a few club fights ..... never been in a bar fight...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My college town put up the Steelers/Browns/Bengals-themed bars side by side. That invited trouble. I remember watching the Bengals game at my hangout, and on more than one occasion, a Browns fan poking his head through the door real quick and throwing an object at us. Steelers fans weren't really mean. Never had a reason to be. They always kicked our asses. If anything they were arrogant, but they left the squabbling up to us Bengals/Browns fans.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
Personally, I have not. But every time I see a lil altercation start to break out in a bar (possibly other public places, but definitely not a club) I kinda hope it escalates with more people so I can just get in the middle and start re-enacting the video for Beat It and just start dancing and see if they follow suit and all squabbles are forgotten as we practice our moves like the video or not.

Honestly, if I saw someone start dancing like that and what not as I was gettin ready to bust a bottle over someone's head, I don't think I could even fight afterward. I'd just pause for a second like, "Wait, what?" and then I'd lose my concentration and try to figure out what happened and the fight would be over.

I was thinking about this the other day at work. I use my time wisely.

yo yer makin too many posts lately and they're all really gay. you're the new i seen hippos. you're annoying and you post too much. now off yourself like he did, pronto.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Yeah, but mainly it just turns into a tackle fest with security. I spent time as a bouncer as a second "job". Didn't technically work for the place, just got free drinks.

Metal detector wand makes a handy club in a pinch.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been in a lot of drunken fights....
First time I was 15, walking around the club, some guy shoulders me pretty hard, I turn around to call him a moron, he knocks me right on my ass, gives me a black eye and a permanent scratch on my eye.

Since then, I've fought ridiculous amount of times. We used to have a bar called Cheers around our way, we got in a nice group scuffle, as the beef was dying out some guy pointed to me and said: " me and you buddy" crowd kinda gathered, I faked a right jab and just clocked him in the head, he goes limp head to the ground, puddle of blood right under him. Crowd goes ballistic, fight breaks out again, amublance and cops come. I try to run away on a twisted ankle but they catch up and arrest me. They tell me he's in a coma and if he dies im completely ****ked. Apparently dude wakes up in the ambulance and decides not to press charges so they let me go.

The week after, I come back same spot. Some kid is talking a bunch of ***** outside. He's tellin us to meet him at this spot and that spot (the ghettos), I dont hesitate and just lay him out. He snorts from his mouth on the ground like the last of a dying breed. Since then people call me one hit wonder.

True story, lol whether you guys believe me or not, I have so many more fight stories, but in the last year I only fought twice and both were in pure self-defense. I never look for it anymore, I need to grow up and wear ties and stuff.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I almost got into one with a rather large woman once, long story but the b*tch had a haymaker with her name on it.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A few. They usually die out pretty quickly once the ****talker realizes you're actually willing to fight him.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
I almost got into one with a rather large woman once, long story but the b*tch had a haymaker with her name on it.

Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nah no club or bar fights. Seen them and broke out of dodge. Last thing I need is someone trying to sucker punch the lightskin dude cuz he still mad some lightskin cat stole his woman in jr high. I'm good. Altho I'm sure bar fights are funny because cats drunk have no accuracy. Throw numerous wild punches until they win the lottery, and chi ching! Someone got lucky and laid a cat on the floor where his gear matches the floor panneling and shyt.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #14
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

i personally don't get into them since i'm nearly impossible to piss off when i'm drunk.

but i have an acquaintance (not really a friend) which literally has trouble to go out without getting in a brawl. you could say fighting with random dudes is some kind of hobby for him he even was a member of a hooligan firm for a while.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I went to college with a dude that would get his smokin hot girlfriend to dress a scantily as possible so they could go out and he could start fights with anyone who tried to chat her up. All the rest of us were looking for a good buzz and maybe to meet some chicks but this guy just loved to fight.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: