Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-11-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Name the Celtics team needs

Name your team's TEAM NEEDS, in order of importance.

What positions need to be filled the most?
What specific skills should the players at that position have to best compliment the players already there?

Post the top few most important needs the team has to fill this summer, via the draft/free agency/trades/etc.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Two different scenarios; if we want to win now we need a vet point guard and veteran big that can contribute at a high level. If we're still thinking long term then get another talented pg prospect in the draft and then get rid of bad contracts like Raef's and Wally's.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

We need a veteran big who can help us win now. And TIME.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:34 AM   #4
Spacific

i know dude above me is gonna get pissed at this....

but celtics need to follow through with their plan. ainge came in and drafted like every high school prospect he could....besides my man delonte (fantasy sleeper)....he cleary went for youth. celtics have to do 1 of 2 things.

either trade paul peirce for a pretty good player (i.e. maggette) and a young prospect (i.e. sean livingston).

or trade your young prospects (i.e. al jefferson, gerald green, perk) and get a good player or big man to play alongside peirce....some1 who doesnt need to shoot alot but who will do the dirty work and make open shots. and i dont mean wally Z haha.

if i was the green...id go with option #1....

now im not a huge celtics fan but i do love their young players. and to me this is a better lineup than what they have now.

pg - Delonte West
sg - Tony Allen
sf - Ryan Gomes
pf - Al Jefferson
c - Kendrick Perkins

6th man - wally z

key bench players: gerald green, raef, kandi man
Old 06-12-2006, 04:36 AM   #5
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Snoopy has an OK reputation so far
Default uh huh

yeh i like that pierce for maggette and livingston rumour to no end, given that livingston is a poor man's magic in waiting and maggette straight jumps out the building (pparently has a 48 inch vertical), but in any case wally cant really stick around if we want the youth movement to work, which seems to be the popular consensus among REAL celtics fans, but it all depends on who we draft, which could be anyone in a number of positions, i've heard ainge is pretty high on o'bryant, very raw but good upside, sheldon's pretty sick and underrated, draft on talent but if we miss gay/roy/foye grab him ahead of marcus and trade wally (and please god somehow raef!) for ___________ & __________ (insert players names here),

PG: Delonte/whoever we get for wally
SG: Gerald/Allen
SF: Pierce/Gerald
PF: Al/Sheldon (i kinda think if we draft him we can sleep on a vet big and just let the kids run)
C: Perk/Dwayne Jones
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:36 AM   #6
Snoopy
I brick open layups

oh yeh and that gomes kid, hes kinda good too...
Old 06-12-2006, 07:15 AM   #7
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We can't get Livingston from the Clips.
Quote:
but celtics need to follow through with their plan. ainge came in and drafted like every high school prospect he could....besides my man delonte (fantasy sleeper)....he cleary went for youth. celtics have to do 1 of 2 things.
Anyone taken in the draft in the last 3 years, to me, is a young player. Out of curiosity, how many of the rest of you no longer view 23/24 year-olds as "youth?" Not picking at or making fun of you at all here, Spacific, just curious as to how much perceptions have changed.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #8
Snoopy
I brick open layups

yeh man in this years draft they got 23/24 year olds like killingsworth from indiana, man that cat fell off hard, mid season i was hearing he was a lottery pick, no hes goin round late second round at best, he did drop 34 on sheldon hes got skills, but yeh livingston is the clips future, much as west, green, jefferson, gomes and perk are ours, but the old maggette for pierce rumour is still around, tho how sick would the clips be with pierce, i mean the c's would be good with maggette but i feel like the clips would be coming away with a steal from that deal no doubt
Old 06-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #9
Spacific

im just saying...let the kids play. there not gettin any younger so let them play. it was there plan now follow through. i love peirce hes one of my fav players to WATCH but they cant win with him and they wont be horrible with him either....

i think AJ and perk are only like 20 years old tho...maybe 21.

i think delonte is like 22 or 23.

THATS youth.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: