Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-09-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
Riker
Prime Weak Era GOAT

Riker has not been impressing people
Exclamation Batman 89 vs. Dark Knight

Well, to cut the story here real short...

Batman : Michael Keaton - perfect and best of them all. Reasons;

When in Wayne mode, he always has this wandering look to him, like he is just about to drift away, which is in my opinion, perfect for a guy that lives that double life of a millionaire and a superhero.

A fact that Keaton is a millionaire also shows how dollar was actually worth something back then, and due to inflation they had to dub Nolan's Wayne a billionaire, and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next movie, he ends up being gazzilliowilliotrilliomega****inillionaire.

Another argument why Keaton is better because he doesn't have any vocalizing problems.

I hope that Dark Knight fan army heard the highly annoying lisp, that slushy ess Bale pronounces? It may be irrelevant but it's extremely annoying.

And not to talk about how he talks when he puts his Batsuit on. Geez. Talk about cigarette problems.

Bruce Wayne. Always thinking about something, always looking kind of absent, probably because of the burden being a part time superhero. And when he throws a party, he doesn't even introduce himself to people that are looking for him.

Douche Wayne. Pulling up to his own party with a chopper.

Batsuit

LOL this one is a no brainer.

New Batsuit looks like some strange transformer cheapo DIY kit, not to mention how awkward it looks on Bale...

Short spikes, mad tight around the neck, wtf. The one on far right - is one that's RIGHT.

Moving on.

Batmobile + Batcave.

Now this one could be debated, after all, cars are subject to individual preferences...

But me, personally...this new Tumbler looks like heap of scrap yard metal put on wheels.

As for the Cave part, I won't even try to explain it. 89 Cave looks like a proper bad ass underground freaking CAVE and this new hideout looks like some Midas center.

Batman's squeeze.

Seriously, how many L's can this Nolans thing take.

*notice Keaton wandering again...classic.

LOL. Plus in Nolan's movie she is a conniving little confused tramp that want's to screw both with city's most popular attorney and city's most flamboyant billionaire. There's a word for that. Female of canine species.

Albert.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2j2uhqw.jpg

In Burton's Batman, you see him being a butler, waiter, adviser, a type of person that has been with Wayne throughout his life and knows every thing he does, thinks and plans to do. I didn't quite get that feeling from this new guy.

Extra gadgets

Cool bike, can't lie, but no contest. Batwings stoms all over this undriveable motorbike with 2 bulldozer wheels and no real life chances to maneuver it with wheels that wide.

GOTHAM

http://i40.tinypic.com/e6rsl5.jpg

Don't get me wrong, Chicago is my kind of town, I love it, I think it's a beauritul city - but it ain't no Gotham. Gotham is ****ed up, dark, rainy, humid, ugly and goth-like. Chicago isn't.

and now....

the...JOKER! clash off. GO!

I know the last one will cause the biggest heat, so let me just say, I'll take a crazy laughing villain over demented tounge flipping psycho any day.

Dark Knight IS a GREAT movie, but nowhere near Burton's in any aspect and it's one of the most overrated movies that hit the theaters I can think of.

Making Batman real and looking like he actually is working as a cop for GCPD, is ridiculous. The high point is him getting in the police station to interrogate Joker. LMAO. What the...?

I actually think Nolan watched to much Adam West Batman. Seriously.

Blast off with your opinions!
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Batman 89 vs. Dark Knight

Keaton was too goofy
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 AM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The '89 version is still my favorite, but Dark Knight is a close second. DK would be #1 in my book, but the story isn't nearly as tight as (1989).
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

I prefer BB to all of them I think. I haven't seen Batman '89 in over a decade... So I don't think I could decide or really talk about it that much.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:24 AM   #5
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah the original is still the best, but these new films are making us forget about the crap that was put out after Batman Returns.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:35 AM   #6
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
Gotham is ****ed up, dark, rainy, humid, ugly and goth-like.

Now, it's been entirely way too long since I've seen Michael Keaton as Batman to speak on much of it, but the above part made me laugh a lil cuz I swear I remember a interview where somebody was sayin that this version of Gotham was based on Detroit.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:38 AM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I consider the original Batman to be a very overrated film. It hasn't aged well IMO and watching it recently, it was just silly. Maybe I just can't get past the Joker pulling out that long gun and shooting down the bat wing but COME ON! I found Michael Keaton to be boring as both Batman and Bruce Wayne and the movie was more about the Joker than anyone else. Atmosphere alone can only carry a movie so far.

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. Batman Returns

Those are the best to me and the only ones I can say I truly enjoyed. Batman Forever had it's goofy charm too I guess.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:49 AM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really enjoyed Batman Forever. Good memories from high school.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #9
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I really enjoyed Batman Forever. Good memories from high school.

To this day I still can't discern between Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. And they were both on TV not too long ago and I watched the majority of both.

Batman Forever was George Clooney right? With Arnold? And Batman and Robin was Val Kilmer and Jim Carrey?

Edit: I put Batman Returns instead of Batman & Robin, further confusing myself.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:16 AM   #10
Jamz Nayschmidt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
To this day I still can't discern between Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. And they were both on TV not too long ago and I watched the majority of both.

Batman Forever was George Clooney right? With Arnold? And Batman and Robin was Val Kilmer and Jim Carrey?

Edit: I put Batman Returns instead of Batman & Robin, further confusing myself.

Batman Forever had the pimp soundtrack with Jim Carrey Riddler and Tommy Lee Harvey Oswald Jones as two face.

It was quite an entertaining movie and I will always cherish it
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: