Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default I haven't seen AI fit in well with the Pistons

Hey y'all. Howdy do?

I'm a raptors fan first and a pistons fan second and love watching 'em play. From the games I've caught from early in the trade to recently, I haven't seen AI gel in well with the team. I think he offers the team a lot of value with his expiring contract along with others coming off the books and Pistons being strong in the back-court with guys with potential to take over the reins once AI is gone and eventually Rip.

The problem is, I am not sure if I view it correctly, I've only caught a handful of games and AI just doesn't seem the same. He doesn't look like the guy that we've all known him to be, is that him regressing or still not comfortable with the team? One play I see him trying to be that 1 vs. 5 guy and the next play he's setting up his teammates and moving the ball around.

So let me know if I am correct on my assessment and things that I need to know. I think that even though he isn't the right fit, he offers Detroit a lot value, but he is not the scorer that he once was. People keep saying it's good because Detroit got that guy who can be that all-out scorer, I haven't seen that much...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
milehighnuggz
I brick open layups

milehighnuggz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I haven't seen AI fit in well with the Pistons

I think its more that they ask him to not to score as much rather than anything you stated, they brought him in so he can get tough baskets late in games, which is something detroit never had, a go to scorer.
milehighnuggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think it's partially the fact that AI and Rip play the same position which was our concern to begin with. We've now seen this logjam in the back court is going to be a problem for the rest of the season. The only way I see this season being successful is to trade AI or Rip, preferably AI. Other than that we are going to have to be patient as Pistons fans and let AI's contract drop off and hopefully do something in free agency. I guess we would have better draft positioning than we have in the past too.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think it's partially the fact that AI and Rip play the same position which was our concern to begin with. We've now seen this logjam in the back court is going to be a problem for the rest of the season. The only way I see this season being successful is to trade AI or Rip, preferably AI. Other than that we are going to have to be patient as Pistons fans and let AI's contract drop off and hopefully do something in free agency. I guess we would have better draft positioning than we have in the past too.

Glad to see someone else who isn't so quick to deal Rip. May as well just let this season end how ever it ends… make do with the roster. Trading Rip will severely handicap the Pistons in the long run and I cannot see AI coming back to Detroit. I just have this feeling he will go to another team as he will still be sough after. I've just reached a sense of calm right now and just let this team play itself out and look ahead. The Celtics and Cavaliers are too far ahead to really challenge them for the Conference Championship. If this team can advanced to the second round that would be fair enough bringing us back to 2002…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

It looks like AI could be coming off the bench and RIP starting again.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...902270358/1127
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
It looks like AI could be coming off the bench and RIP starting again.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...902270358/1127
why did it take curry so long to do this when it is obvious that this is the better solution? Freakin curry couldnt stand up to AI and worry about his petulance after being benched.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

shoulda read the link before I posted. all it is is mccosky's opinion. no evidence that the coaching staff is leaning that way.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
why did it take curry so long to do this when it is obvious that this is the better solution? Freakin curry couldnt stand up to AI and worry about his petulance after being benched.

I completely agree, too bad it was just another one of the opinions out there who think so. It seems to me Curry would be doing everything he could to keep his job. I don't think he'll get fired this season but he is certainly one of the coaches that are on the hot seat. I think what will happen is Joe D will rebuild this summer and if Curry can't get things going in the right direction next year he will be replaced. It's kind of funny that nobody liked Flip, nobody likes Curry as a head coach, and Porter was already fired. What does that say about the Pistons coaching staff over the last few years?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
KnicksFan11
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KnicksFan11 has an OK reputation so far

Lol! 8 game losing streak. I think AI is a cancer in the NBA. You guys might not make it to the playoff cause of him
KnicksFan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Hopefully he won't be our cancer after this season.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:19 AM   #11
Mr. 4th Quarter
I airball my layups

Mr. 4th Quarter has an OK reputation so far

AI and Rip can play well together. Take their game against the Bucks that went to OT. They basically alternated in taking over the game. I think it would be better for Curry to talk AI into playing point so both of 'em could start and end the game, with Stuckey coming off the bench. Once Curry makes AI embrace this role, then they'll have something. The question is, can Curry muster enough respect to massage their egos and hold this team together so they can get deep in the playoffs again.. This is one of the intangibles of coaching, and I think is Detroit's biggest problem. Wouldn't be much of an issue if Popovich or Sloan were running the show, would it?
Mr. 4th Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: