Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Anyone else think that JO might be held out?

To me, it seems kind of strange that we know pretty much next to nothing about the type of injury, the timetable for return, and I don't recall seeing him on the bench in a suit at any point. All we've heard is a "sore right knee" and apparently that's enough to keep him out 6+ games with no return timetable? And all of this coinciding with Bargnani becoming a starter and O'neal being shopped. Seems a little strange to me.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation
Default Re: Anyone else think that JO might be held out?

I was kinda thinking the same thing, I havent seen JO doing any media interviews since he stopped playing, when he was injured at the beginning of the season, he was quick to say it wasnt a serious injury and addressed it quite promptly. This time he hasnt done that. At least I havent seen or heard if he has.

Theres no doubt according to buzz and rumors that he's beeing shopped.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I don't think that the Raptors would hold him out of games if they are trying to trade him, especially since they haven't publicly expressed shopping him.

Keeping him out of games is indicating to teams that he is too hurt to play, which severely decreases his trade value. There could be some things going on behind the scenes that we don't know of, but I don't think he's a ghost lately because of a trade.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far

No I don't think so. With all the injuries he had in the past, they are just recovering 100% to contribute. And because the improving in the play of AB, there is no need to rush. But he is near to come back.
Let's see if we can get something from JO. Neither good play or good trade.

EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
I was kinda thinking the same thing, I havent seen JO doing any media interviews since he stopped playing, when he was injured at the beginning of the season, he was quick to say it wasnt a serious injury and addressed it quite promptly. This time he hasnt done that. At least I havent seen or heard if he has.

Theres no doubt according to buzz and rumors that he's beeing shopped.

I found that quite odd how at practice the next day he was injured he told everybody that his knee was a little sore and he should be back soon. How come we haven't heard anything about the injury? Is the organization trying to keep it d/l or something? Is the injury worse than they thought and they don't want to hurt his value by having the info. leaked? Or has there been ongoing trade discussion over the past week that has kept him out of games, away from the team bench and out of the media? I'm not quite sure, although I think the latter is unlikely. I'm one to believe that the injury is worse than first thought and the organization is trying to keep it real low key.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I found that quite odd how at practice the next day he was injured he told everybody that his knee was a little sore and he should be back soon. How come we haven't heard anything about the injury? Is the organization trying to keep it d/l or something? Is the injury worse than they thought and they don't want to hurt his value by having the info. leaked? Or has there been ongoing trade discussion over the past week that has kept him out of games, away from the team bench and out of the media? I'm not quite sure, although I think the latter is unlikely. I'm one to believe that the injury is worse than first thought and the organization is trying to keep it real low key.
Interesting. I never thought of that but it could be a possibility as well that maybe his injury is more severe than a sore knee but they know that putting him out there when he's far less than capable of 100% would lower his trade value in the market. I've looked around for injury information and all i'm seeing is sore knee and that he's day to day.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

I agree, I think the injury is worse than orginally thought. When I went to the Memphis game I was looking around for him but couldn't spot him, so that is kinda weird.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

LATEST RUMOUR!!

JO for Nocioni + Larry Hughes

but BC is trying to get:
Nocioni + Gooden

http://dabullz.com/tag/jermaine-oneal/
http://www.rumorpress.net/?p=66
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
LATEST RUMOUR!!

but BC is trying to get:
Nocioni + Gooden

I hope not.... O'neal for Howard is much much better.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
I hope not.... O'neal for Howard is much much better.

i agree.. but the rumour i posted (bulls) seems more likely..

howard >>> nocioni + hughes
but
nocioni + gooden >>> howard only, in terms of value.. (we have no good C/PF off the bench if JO is gone)

but i agree Howard is going to help the current team most

Last edited by Sekman : 01-12-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Quote:
i agree.. but the rumour i posted (bulls) seems more likely..

howard >>> nocioni + hughes
but
nocioni + gooden >>> howard only

You think so? I don't know really. Hard to decide. Do you have any information on the contracts of Nocioni and Gooden?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
You think so? I don't know really. Hard to decide. Do you have any information on the contracts of Nocioni and Gooden?

i just edited my comment to explain.. nocioni + gooden adds depth when JO is gone
no info on contracts

but hughes expires 2010 as well
Old 01-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #13
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
LATEST RUMOUR!!

but BC is trying to get:
Nocioni + Gooden

Oh my...I'll think about it with Gooden, but prolly gonna have to pass on Hughes. Still a tad risky regardless, might be better off tankin this year letting it be know as "the bargnani development season". Get a good draft pick and simply let JO's contract expire next year. And get a real pecie to the puzzle (2-GUARD WHO CAN PLAY).

Unsure if if thsi trade will really help us THAT much...I know it's addressing a couple of present needs but there is still so many more and will simply keep us afloat for the rest of this season, culminating in a most likely first round exit. Way too many question marks for this current team to compete at high level atthe moment, but not sure how much potential it really has right now either. Some retooling must be done within a couple years...Sadly we appear to be stuck in some major limbo.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #14
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Cool
Oh my...I'll think about it with Gooden, but prolly gonna have to pass on Hughes. Still a tad risky regardless, might be better off tankin this year letting it be know as "the bargnani development season". Get a good draft pick and simply let JO's contract expire next year. And get a real pecie to the puzzle (2-GUARD WHO CAN PLAY).

Unsure if if thsi trade will really help us THAT much...I know it's addressing a couple of present needs but there is still so many more and will simply keep us afloat for the rest of this season, culminating in a most likely first round exit. Way too many question marks for this current team to compete at high level atthe moment, but not sure how much potential it really has right now either. Some retooling must be done within a couple years...Sadly we appear to be stuck in some major limbo.

agree.. it can't imagine this deal would take us to the 2nd round of the playoffs (if we do actually make the playoffs)

the howard or marion deals are more appealing..
Old 01-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #15
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Quote:
agree.. it can't imagine this deal would take us to the 2nd round of the playoffs (if we do actually make the playoffs)

the howard or marion deals are more appealing..

Marion's is the best move for long-term success.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: