Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 01-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Charlotte wants Stephen Curry?

" 3. Stephen Curry, Davidson
Curry might be the most controversial player on this list. Some scouts don't believe he's a point guard. Others worry about his diminutive stature or his lack of explosiveness as an athlete. Still others fret about some of Curry's disappearing acts against quality teams. However, no one doubts that Curry's shooting ability, basketball IQ and clutch play -- combined with an excellent basketball pedigree -- make him a player who will likely be drafted in the lottery.

There's been talk that the Bobcats could be the club that covets him (and the seats he'd fill) the most but it's way too early for that speculation. Besides, you'd think MJ & Co. would have learned by now that drafting players with local or marketing appeal (e.g., Raymond Felton, Sean May and Adam Morrison) doesn't help much if they're not going to be stars. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ftWatch-090115

He would be an interesting combo guard off the bench next to Augustin if the team does indeed trade Felton as opposed to paying him.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Charlotte wants Stephen Curry?

Every time the Cats make a selection with box office in mind it comes back to haunt them. Jordan and Comp. need to base their draft selections on merit from now on.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Morrison has no marketing appeal, so not sure why his name was brought up. They drafted Morrison because of his offensive skill, not the stache.

As for Curry, I was actually thinking about this today. I highly doubt that by the time Curry goes through the draft camps and evaluations, he will be a lottery pick. I think he'll be a second rounder and I think the Cats will take him. He'd be a fan favorite much like Brian Scalabrine is in Boston. I think the team will move Felton (whether this year or next) to get Curry as a combo or backup to DJ.

Curry probably won't be as good as some may predict, but he'll be like his dad was when he played for Charlotte.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Winning games will put more butts in the seats than Steph Curry.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So true. It would be nice to have a guy like Dell Curry who could come off the bench cold and drop in 30.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
NBACha
Decent playground baller

NBACha has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Every time the Cats make a selection with box office in mind it comes back to haunt them. Jordan and Comp. need to base their draft selections on merit from now on.
Agreed, so let's hope they take another route this time.....choose a player that will HELP THEM WIN and help your box office count that way.
NBACha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
NBACha
Decent playground baller

NBACha has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
As for Curry, I was actually thinking about this today. I highly doubt that by the time Curry goes through the draft camps and evaluations, he will be a lottery pick. I think he'll be a second rounder

He'll be a top 10 pick.....perhaps top 5. No way he slips beyond 10.
NBACha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Agree ^
Old 01-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I think if the Stephen Curry is around in the 2nd round then the Bobcats should get him. The Bobcats main focus should be on getting a center and shooting guard. Stephen Curry is improving on being a playmaker but he is a undersize SG.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #10
liverpooty
Local High School Star

True, but the point is he will be gone well before the 2nd round. Right now Chad Ford has him listed as the third best PG prospect for the draft behind Jrue Holiday, and Ricky Rubio. Every draft site including the ESPN "experts" have him going anywhere from 3rd - 11th. It would take a horrible injury or an insane slump for him to go in the second round.

Also if he were to get hurt or go on a slump to hurt his draft stock THAT bad he would jsut come back for his senior year. Im sure he isnt hurting for money all that bad.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #11
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I think if the Stephen Curry is around in the 2nd round then the Bobcats should get him. The Bobcats main focus should be on getting a center and shooting guard. Stephen Curry is improving on being a playmaker but he is a undersize SG.

i dont think curry slides down that low. i dont think he will slide any lower than 15th overall. His college performance alone will bait a team to gamble on him. just think about the history of players getting drafted, Curry will definitely be up there.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Peep this out.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bob...ry/683278.html
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

if curry dosnt make it as a starter he will be an excellent back up shooting guard. I think bobcats should focus on gettin a 5 or a 1 if felton dosnt sign back. we could probly get a decent 2 or a 3 in the second round like ellington or green but they could move up.
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #14
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

I think I've seen some scouting reports saying that Curry's not as athletic as other guards in the lottery this year. I personally believe athleticism is critical for survival in NBA. For example, Gerald Wallace used to be a bench filler prior to the expansion draft, but he has really improved since Charlotte picked him up. Another example can be Tyrus Thomas. Thomas was drafted 4th overall, right behind Morrison. He was considered very raw and not smart enough to play in NBA. As of now, Thomas is critical in Bull's rotation, who rebounds and blocks well.

So I think this time we really should think about some athletic guys...
Morrison could shoot in NCAA, but in NBA, he is
I have a bad feeling that Curry's gonna be another Morrison.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #15
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Curry would probably fit very well on the 'Cats. He gives you an explosive primary scorer of which the 'Cats need.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: