Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far
Default We need a trade...

So who goes and which team is most interested? I've heard kaman/camby from LAC but not that high on Kaman. I say we gotta get rid of rip and sheed in a package. I was thinking Rip/Sheed for Shaq/Hill from phoenix, with some players and picks thrown in, not sure if suns would be interested. Pretty sure Tay, Dice, and Stuck have zero chance of leaving. Whatever they do I hope they don't trade for a big man without trading one away, guys like max are already fighting for playing time.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:05 AM   #2
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: We need a trade...

Trade for Shaq? You gotta be kidding.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

Shaq will only play on warm weathered teams, I wouldn't consider Detroit to be one ;)

But speaking of, not a trade, but I wanna pick up Rondo next summer when he's a FA. I know we have enough guards already, but if AI signs with us again then we can trade Rip, and if he doesn't then Rips starting again, but either would make for a lethal back court. We just ain't got no PGs atm other than Bynum. (Stuckey is a SG tbh. AI, Rip, and even Tay have proved to be just as good PGs as him) and I don't consider Bynum to be starting caliber yet.

Last edited by H2whoa : 01-24-2009 at 06:23 PM.
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:26 AM   #4
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

how's bout RIP for Nash and what ever fillers make the salaries match?
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:03 AM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We don't need a PG. We have Stuckey. If we are going to make a trade the #1 position we still need to fill is center. Get someone to play alongside Sheed. Nobody liked my trade up and get a guy like Brook Lopez idea in the offseason. I'm not sure why. Stuckey, whomever at SG, Prince, Sheed, and a good C is a team that has a chance in a 7 game series against anyone. We may have a lot of fowards but we need quality not quantity.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
We don't need a PG. We have Stuckey. If we are going to make a trade the #1 position we still need to fill is center. Get someone to play alongside Sheed. Nobody liked my trade up and get a guy like Brook Lopez idea in the offseason. I'm not sure why. Stuckey, whomever at SG, Prince, Sheed, and a good C is a team that has a chance in a 7 game series against anyone. We may have a lot of fowards but we need quality not quantity.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...901240340/1127

Quote:
"We will be open until the trade deadline," Dumars said. "We won't shut it off and say there's no possible way we can make a move. I don't think you can do that."
"You can look at your team and feel you have a need for one more piece, but unless you can get that specific piece, it doesn't make sense to just go out and make a deal," Dumars said. "It would have to be a specific piece."
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice article. I don't expect anything to happen this season either. I'm pretty sure we're stuck with what we have. I think we are just going to have to wait another year before we have a contending team again.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

man i couldn't even tell who was sarcastic and who was stupid
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
tedloc
Serious playground baller

tedloc has an OK reputation so far

trade iverson for marbury... HA!
tedloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedloc
trade iverson for marbury... HA!

It might be a chance that a Iverson for Marbury trade might come to pass.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...dy_curry_.html
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #11
dd24
College superstar

Wow, that solves nothing for us. It may help NY but Marbury would still play the same position as Rip which would give us a cluttered back court. We already have an expiring contract. That is obviously what Joe D was going for. He wanted cap space. Obviously it wasn't because our team would be better because we are far worse than we were last year. I think if he trades AI it will be for a player that can help and he will sign long term. For example, one of those FA's next year that Joe D may have his eye on he could trade for if they agree to sign an extension.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #12
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

Ive heard Lamar odom for Rasheed wallace in some sports blogs...

I dunno how that sounds to you but for the lakers thats what we need now that our center is probably out for the season.
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

I don't see that as being a good trade for the Pistons. The Lakers couldn't win a championship with Odom as a #3 guy and they have Kobe. How could the Pistons win a championship with him?
Old 02-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #14
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I don't see that as being a good trade for the Pistons. The Lakers couldn't win a championship with Odom as a #3 guy and they have Kobe. How could the Pistons win a championship with him?

I get your point...but my point is that Rasheed seems uninterested. Considering the pistons are no longer in the top 4...Do you see the pistons winning the title this year?

If not why not try to change the structure...go with versatility...Odom is a great rebounder...he can run a fast break...Imagine, Tay, Iverson, Rip running with him...in the half court hes got post moves unlike Rasheed...hes got no perimeter shot but thats not what you would want from odom. considering the perimeter guys you have.

Odom would give the pistons a new dimension...whereas the lakers need Rasheed for his perimeter shot and toughness...as they have pau gasol who can man the middle...and kobe on the perimeter...

It will probably bring the lakers a title since rasheed would be rejuvenated at having a shot at a title compared to him being with the pistons and just taking jump shots.
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
dd24
College superstar

It certainly works out in the Lakers favor and I would think they would be a near lock for the finals at that point. I just can't see getting rid of him because it's too hard to find a 7 footer in the league with his skill set. I don't think the Pistons have a chance at the title the way they are now but it would be less of one with Odom. Personally, I like a Bosh for AI deal. A starting 5 of Stuckey, Rip, Prince, Sheed, and Bosh sounds killer to me. That is a championship caliber team. They are just one piece away right now. If they trade Sheed they are two pieces away. Also the thing with Sheed is he's a big family man so where ever he ends up, it's not just his decision. He will go to where his family wants to.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: