Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 06-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Name the Hornets team needs

Name your team's TEAM NEEDS, in order of importance.

What positions need to be filled the most?
What specific skills should the players at that position have to best compliment the players already there?

Post the top few most important needs the team has to fill this summer, via the draft/free agency/trades/etc.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
lollol604
I airball my layups

lollol604 has an OK reputation so far

scorer go to guy late in games
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:49 AM   #3
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They should trade PJ Brown to a contender for picks or young players, they're not winning anything soon, so they better think about the future
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
They should trade PJ Brown to a contender for picks or young players, they're not winning anything soon, so they better think about the future

Birdman.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:52 PM   #5
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollol604
scorer go to guy late in games
If I'm not mistaken they were one of the best teams in the league at winning close games.

IMO what they need is a big man who can play defense or a shooting guard or small forward who can shoot.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #6
Sportsmind
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Sportsmind has an OK reputation so far

A 2 with an outside shot
A 3 who can run the break and play active defense
A 5 with size

Speedy may be gone anyway so I try to work out a sign and trade with Atlanta for Harrington or Toronto for Maurice Peterson. Toronto would give us Mike James, which we could use, but we might as well pay Speedy to resign.

We'll need a backup point, so either move to draft Randy Foye with J.R. Smith or what I would prefer draft Daniel Gibson or Guillermo Diaz with our second rounder.

I'd see if I could get Dalembert from the Sixers using P.J., J.R. or Speedy. I'd love P.J. for one more year, but if I could get Kwame from L.A. or preferably Caron Butler from Washington I'd do it.

If we do nothing and draft who I want us to draft our team would look like this:

PG: Chris Paul, Speedy Claxton, Daniel Gibson(2nd Round)
SG: J.R. Smith, Quincy Douby(#15), Kirk Synder
SF: Rasual Butler, Desmond Mason
PF: David West, Aaron Williams, Brandon Bass
C: P.J. Brown, Cedric Simmons(#12), Mark Jackson

That's reasonable to expect, incredibly deep, athletic, cheap and young.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: