Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Pouch26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Help me get Dirk?

I want to get Dirk. Who should I offer? 10 team h2h/9 cats/daily changes:

I usually win: FT%, threes, steals, assists, and rebounds...Sometimes points. I never win FG%.

Here's my line up:

pg- Duhon
sg- Terry
sf- Hedo
f- Rudy Gay
pf- Gerald Wallace
c- Bynum
ut-David Lee
ut-Manu
bn-Baron Davis
bn- Boris Diaw
bn-Marion

Here's Dirk's team:

Allen Iverson
Peja Stojakovic
Mo Williams
Richard Jefferson
Dirk Nowitzki
Josh Howard
Al Harrington
Tayshaun Prince
Delonte West
Paul Pierce
Kenyon Martin
Thaddeus Young
Kendrick Perkins
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Newgen
Kids at the park dunk on me

Newgen has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Help me get Dirk?

Do you really wanna make that move? You're already winning more than half the cats. You could shoot yourself in the foot here.

If I were him, there isn't a player I'd take straight up for Dirk on that roster. Bynum's one of your best trade pieces since you don't care about blocks anyway. You probably want to get rid of Baron to bring up your fg%. Baron + Bynum is the best offer I can come up with to help you; pick up assists/steals of the waiver if you can to comp for Baron. I'd still say no if I were him but at least it's interesting and judging from his roster, he stands a chance in blocks with Bynum.

In your position, if I were trying to get fg%, I`d just trade baron away for something nice, but you`ll probably be selling low the way he`s played this season with the injuries.
Newgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Pouch26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newgen
Do you really wanna make that move? You're already winning more than half the cats. You could shoot yourself in the foot here.

If I were him, there isn't a player I'd take straight up for Dirk on that roster. Bynum's one of your best trade pieces since you don't care about blocks anyway. You probably want to get rid of Baron to bring up your fg%. Baron + Bynum is the best offer I can come up with to help you; pick up assists/steals of the waiver if you can to comp for Baron. I'd still say no if I were him but at least it's interesting and judging from his roster, he stands a chance in blocks with Bynum.

In your position, if I were trying to get fg%, I`d just trade baron away for something nice, but you`ll probably be selling low the way he`s played this season with the injuries.

Who would you target to get for Baron? I'm hoping that he will return and string a few good games and trade him away. I'm thinking I want to get another multi-cat guy. Maybe Granger (I probably don't have what it takes to get him. He's pretty untouchable now), Stephen Jackson, Dunleavy, Calderon, etc.????
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

No point dealing Baron, he fits your team perfectly. You don't care about FG%, so tank it. Lee and Bynum should go, as long as you can get back lots of bds. Since this team doesn't really have much, you'd need to offer Bynum and something for Dirk. Maybe Bynum and Terry for RJ and Dirk. Rj has been not great, but still gives you 17 pts and goot FT%, which helps you. Dirk would be great for you compared to Bynum. Or maybe Bynum and Diaw actually.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
Newgen
Kids at the park dunk on me

Newgen has an OK reputation so far

Yeah you could make a play for guys like Calderon, Jax, Iguodala or G Wallace. Jax and Iguodala may see some number drops though with the return of Elton Brand and Monta Ellis. It didn't show last night but Jamal Crawford was also out. Brand is also one injury away from being out for the season so Iguodala could be posting all-star numbers permanently.
Newgen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: