Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-24-2006, 02:09 AM   #1
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Clinton interview with Chris Wallace... Good stuff

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/22/clinton-fox/

ouch! Not a huge politics guy... But the Wallace guy took a beating.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:14 AM   #2
PsychoWorm
I brick open layups

PsychoWorm has no real reputation yet.
Default -

thanks for that, that was an awesome read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UwJabtvSUQ

faux news spin doctors at it already .
PsychoWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:56 AM   #3
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Everytime I see/hear Bill Clinton these days, it just makes me sad that he is no longer our president. Instead we have a guy in office that probably couldn't even last 5 minutes in a debate with Mr. Clinton, and even if he could he would look like a bumbling idiot from start to finish.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:08 AM   #4
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What I find even scarier is in Australia we have a Prime Minister thinks the sun shines out of Bush's a** and he follows the light all the way up.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:36 AM   #5
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/0...ush/trackback/
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:03 AM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Clinton's the man. I was so young when he entered office that I didn't know at the time how unusually smart he is for a president. Figured they were all like that. These past six years have broadened my view.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i honestly don't understand how clinton and carter made president.

both incredibly intelligent, both policy wonks, both both good delegators, both commited to goodwill global work long after being president.

just underscores how embarrassing it is to have the current jackass in office... and no, i'm libertarian, not dem or GOP.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #8
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

not a democrat but it was nice to read that interview. Clinton seriously had all of the tools to become one of the top 3 presidents ever. IMO because Clinton didnt reach those ranks makes him a failure. that's how high the bar should be set for that guy.

i was a huge Reagan fan. i consider him the greatest president of our time. i also think Carter should win the Nobel Peace Prize every year, and i wish Clinton was still president. We'd be a lot better off.
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:29 PM   #9
pgm
I hit open layups

pgm has an OK reputation so far

Carter is a great humanitarian. He wasn't a great President because he was weak on foreign policy at a time when that was what was needed. His energy policy was a good idea. I just wish we stuck to that (Watch "Who Killed the Electric Car").
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:10 AM   #10
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just saw some clips from that. Bill biiiiitch slapped that punk Wallace. FoxNews is the biggest pile of BS ever put on TV and the sooner they are discredited the better.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:27 AM   #11
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Videos available at:

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/24/clinton-video/ (streaming)

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/0...ama-bin-laden/ (wmv and quicktime)
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:57 AM   #12
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

My favorite post in the comments below that streaming video that reppy provided...

Quote:
There is an ass-puckering feral “flight” response to having a very large, very pissed-off former President of the United States stop smiling, come out of his chair and physically lay hands on you while he calls you out for being a lying shill and gives you an unblinking, machine-gun history lecture inches away from your face that I HOPE Chris will re-experience every night before he falls asleep, and every time he faces another seated human being…even if it’s at the local deli.

In fact, I hope he has Clinton’s giant face permanently burned into the insides of his eyelids.

Weak mortals should never summon the Kraken…or tell Cthulu he has a funny name. Chris eff-ed up. I hope he has a little more respect for his Dad, who used to pull that sh!t with REALLY dangerous people, for better reasons…and with a LOT more class.

ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #13
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
Everytime I see/hear Bill Clinton these days, it just makes me sad that he is no longer our president. Instead we have a guy in office that probably couldn't even last 5 minutes in a debate with Mr. Clinton, and even if he could he would look like a bumbling idiot from start to finish.

Amen!

Here's a guy (Clinton) who grew up in poorer surrondings in Arkansas, worked his way to college, became a Rhodes scholar, then became a lawyer, and then enters politics. Meanwhile, we have a bumbling, moronic, silver-spoon fed, (former) coke-head dumb-ass as our president who has basically failed in almost everything he's done in his adult life. I may not agreed with everything Bubba did as our president, and I could care less about his adultery, but he sure did a hell of a lot more for America than Dubya.

Anyways, I saw the interview on YouTube, and I laughing my ass off on how Clinton made Chris Wallace (son of 60 Minutes legend Mike Wallace) look like a buffoon.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #14
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Clinton was 10 times the man Bush will ever be, and it's really sad to watch the downturn america has taken since he left office, more so because for some incomprehensible reason you guys actually voted to re-elect bush after he had spend 4 years screwing up at every turn.

The world would be a much better and safer place today if Gore was the president rather than Bush, simple as that.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #15
Cavs Fan
Kids at the park dunk on me

Cavs Fan has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
not a democrat but it was nice to read that interview. Clinton seriously had all of the tools to become one of the top 3 presidents ever.

When Peter Jennings, a Canadian and fellow liberal, pointed out to Clinton that according to polling done with both historians and the general public that he was considered the 2nd worst US president of all time. He flew off the handle and threatened his liberal buddy. His threat was seen by many as a physical or life threatening in nature. That Peter Jennings interview was one of many examples pointing to how big of a fragile ego he has and what nutcase Clinton is. So the meltdown he had with Wallace is not a surprise.

It burns Clinton to this day that he is the only president in US history to serve 2 terms AND NOT GARNER MORE THAN 50% IN EITHER ONE!

He was a smart cat, but didn't have an ounce of mental or ethical fortitude. His decisions were made almost entirely on polling data. No matter what he or anyone else says, his legacy will based on him wagging that finger in anger to the American public while lying his ass off. AND THAT IS A FACT!
Cavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: