Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default F*ck Andrew Bynum

That's was an absurd foul. Okafor needs to slam Kobe to the floor and take him out to retaliate.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: F*ck Andrew Bynum

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...ry/500695.html

He should be fined and suspended.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Bynum needs to be made an example of. A partially collapsed lung and basically a broken rib is very, very severe. Id like to see the NBA take a stand and suspend him 10 games with no pay atleast.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
Talent
High school junior varsity star

Talent has an OK reputation so far

They need to start taking these thug players out of basketball. I was not as mad last night about this till after I saw the replay and Bynum steps on Wallace's foot after the play too.....
Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent
They need to start taking these thug players out of basketball. I was not as mad last night about this till after I saw the replay and Bynum steps on Wallace's foot after the play too.....

I just viewed it again and damn if he doesn't step on his foot!
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hi Cats fans,

I am not here to troll, but to participate... Firstly, I hope that Wallace recovers quickly. I do feel badly that he was hurt the way he was.

I do feel that while Bynum did foul him intentionally, that he did not do it out of malice or to be a "thug" as some have suggested. My opinion is that it was either inexperience or lack of body control (given his young age and limited playing experience) that caused it to happen. If he had 5 more years in the league, I would feel otherwise.

Again, I am not trying throw gasoline on the fire here, but I am trying to offer a different perspective on an unfortunate incident. I don't like to see any player get hurt like that!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

well, as a laker and cats fan (definitely more of a cats fan but i do live in LA and i've been following the lakers all my life) i'd have to mostly agree with that statement. it was a really, really rough foul and bynum did not attempt to play the ball at all. but i really don't think bynum had any intention to really injure wallace, just to prevent the shot. don't get me wrong, i think what he did was dirty and you should at least try to play the ball, and the way he threw in that elbow was real shady, but i don't think he really intended to injure wallace. i watch all of the laker games, and i know that bynum has been trying to establish himself as a tough player (similar to shaq) so he won't get so many annoying fouls called on him in the paint, but i think he went a bit too far with this one, though i don't believe there was malicious intent.

still though, i'm pretty furious. we've been playing great ball lately and finally turning things around and now we lose our best player for a really, really tough western road trip. ah well, hopefully our bench can really step it up. they played great ball last night.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #8
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

socal shut up and dont post here.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Sorry but what Bynum did was no different than what he sees the more veteran players doing AND GETTING AWAY WITH. Everyone knows that so-called "stars" are not held to the same standards that the average player is held to. Otherwise the Cats broadcasters wouldn't have said earlier in the game that there would be no way that the Refs would call Kobe for a sixth foul. The fact that the Refs held Kobe accountable for his actions (and Bynum) was pretty amazing given many Refs obvious biases in their calls or lack thereof and the many times that bad calls and no calls give the games away. This is nothing new. Probably all of us have been watching this kind of thing for years.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Hi Cats fans,

I am not here to troll, but to participate... Firstly, I hope that Wallace recovers quickly. I do feel badly that he was hurt the way he was.

I do feel that while Bynum did foul him intentionally, that he did not do it out of malice or to be a "thug" as some have suggested. My opinion is that it was either inexperience or lack of body control (given his young age and limited playing experience) that caused it to happen. If he had 5 more years in the league, I would feel otherwise.

Again, I am not trying throw gasoline on the fire here, but I am trying to offer a different perspective on an unfortunate incident. I don't like to see any player get hurt like that!

So where was Bynum's concern for Crash at the time of the flagrant? Wasn't there. Time can teach how one should and shouldn't foul. But Bynum's lack of concern was because of 'lack-of-experience'? Not.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer

Look, there are folks who don't want you posting here either but you do. And you should be able to post unless you're banned. So sometimes we have to extend courtesy to others whose postings (or personalities) irk us. Be it you, SoCalMike or even me.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
So where was Bynum's concern for Crash at the time of the flagrant? Wasn't there. Time can teach how one should and shouldn't foul. But Bynum's lack of concern was because of 'lack-of-experience'? Not.

thanks for the kind words about participating in the forum... i am not here to troll, and in the Laker forum, we welcome everyone's opinions and participation (except for trolls) so i appreciate it. i certainly hope my interaction here is not irking people....

again, i feel that it was an inexperience/maturity thing, including his apparent lack of concern... i honestly don't think he realized the gravity of what he had done to the full extent. i do think he will learn from it and i do hope that he is man enough to give wallace a call and apologize... (hopefully someone will teach him to do that).

again, i am not supporting the foul itself, just trying to explain what i think happened. time will tell as well... if we were to see him do this more than once, i would be concerned about his "thuggery."

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer

No YOU shut up. SoCal is one of the classiest posters on this site and had a very valid point (whether you believe it or not).

SoCal people are so quick to forget Bynum is only 21. That's a very young age whether it be in sports or in real life and we all know 21 year olds, or younger people in general, don't always make the right decisions. I agree with what you say about AB not intentionally trying to hurt Gerald. I'm sure he will apologize to Gerald (or at least I hope). I think people should withhold judgement about AB's character because he does not have a past of this kind of behavior. Now of course if he does something of this nature again, I think there is cause for concern. But until then, i'm not going to sit here and hate him because he made one bad decision. (And yes, i'm prepared to get lectured by OWL )

Last edited by Bobcat4Ever : 01-28-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #14
Brakas
I airball my layups

Brakas has an OK reputation so far

Looking at the video several times, it looks like the ground is what did it. Bynum took him off balance, but it wasn't anything from his body that did it. It was a terrible play on his part, but crash is crash. That's the main reason Bobcats are trying to trade him along with that salary. I hope he gets better quick.
Brakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #15
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
No YOU shut up. SoCal is one of the classiest posters on this site and had a very valid point (whether you believe it or not).

SoCal people are so quick to forget Bynum is only 21. That's a very young age whether it be in sports or in real life and we all know 21 year olds, or younger people in general, don't always make the right decisions. I agree with what you say about AB not intentionally trying to hurt Gerald. I'm sure he will apologize to Gerald (or at least I hope). I think people should withhold judgement about AB's character because he does not have a past of this kind of behavior. Now of course if he does something of this nature again, I think there is cause for concern. But until then, i'm not going to sit here and hate him because he made one bad decision. (And yes, i'm prepared to get lectured by OWL )

Props for being open-minded.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: