Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
gin17
High School JV MVP

gin17 has an OK reputation so far
Default i want to get rid of rudy gay

who can i get him with?

this is my team if ever it'll help (and you could also add them in a possible trade)

PG Jason Kidd(Dal - PG)
SG Peja Stojakovic(NO - SG,SF)
Andres Nocioni(Chi - SF,PF)
SF LeBron James(Cle - SF)
PF Tim Duncan(SA - PF,C)
F Rasheed Wallace(Det - PF,C)
C Andris Biedrins(GS - C)
C Jermaine O'Neal(Tor - PF,C) INJ
Util Wilson Chandler (NY - SG,SF,PF)
Zydrunas Ilgauskas(Cle - C)
BN Gilbert Arenas(Was - PG) INJ
BN Anderson Varejao(Cle - PF, C)
BN Rudy Gay (Mem - SF,PF)

i play in a 12player league who plays 9 stats everyweek (how do you call this type of league)
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Newgen
Kids at the park dunk on me

Newgen has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: i want to get rid of rudy gay

Rudy's one of my top underperformers of the year; expected so much more growth from him. Look for another underperformer who's been up and coming. Josh Smith is starting to wake up. You lose a little 3s and free throws but he's way below his average right now since he sat out 1/4 of the season. Otherwise he's a an improvement across the board. His points are a little deflated this year but he's averaging over 19 this month.

That's just what comes to mind for me, aim for players who help cats that you're about 0.500 on and dump someone strong in the < 0.375 cats.
Newgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far

NOBODY is giving you Smooth for Rudy Gay so you are going to have to take less than that. Smooth is a best right now and is racking up double doubles. The guy is shooting career high FG% and starting to block shots again now thats he healthy. Ain't happening. I'd shoot for someone like maybe Monta Ellis who is buy low right now. Noone knows the situation there is GS and with all of the money they gave him, hes gotta play.

Another option is maybe Turkoglu. Hes a little under his averages, but hes still solid all around. Even on off nights he provides 5-7 dimes. Solid all-around player.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

I'd keep gay.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

I have Gay in a keeper league because I bought low... he would be insanely hard to move for equal value the way he has struggled this year. When the Grizz finally pick a direction and go with it he should settle into a role, but right now nobody knows whats going on on the floor in Memphis.
He is a top 50ish type guy the way he is playing, but has top 20 potential... keep an eye on him in the future (he is only 22 years old), but for this year, hold him if you got him and can find a taker, trade him if you can get good value and scoop him up if someone is going to give him away.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: