Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
Brakas
I airball my layups

Brakas has an OK reputation so far
Default What about this trade?

Felton and Mahommed to 76ers for Miller. The salaries match. This report of possible moves is on espn.

Miller may be the most attractive player on the list for two reasons. One, he's a very talented veteran who can immediately step in and contribute on a number of contenders. Two, he's in the last year of his contract, which means teams don't have to commit long-term.

With the Sixers hovering around .500 and not looking like the title contenders we thought they would be, it might be time for the Sixers to make a move for the future. While Miller won't bring them back an All-Star in return, he could get them a future pick or another player who could help them down the road.

It's not hard to see that the Sixers' future looks brighter with their youth, not their veterans. Miller might be the first to go, and it's not inconceivable that Elton Brand is next.
Brakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What about this trade?

Love it from a cap perspective which is exactly why Philly won't go for it. If they want to build for the future, they'll get someone in free agency once they kick Miller's $10mil off the books this summer.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Like the trade except for the gaping hole it again leaves us at the big man spot. I certainly don't feel comfortable giving Diop total reign at center.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

I think we'd still have enough at center. Nazr hasn't played hardly at all the last 2-3 games since we got Diop. We get 40 min a game out of Mek @ 5 anyways.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

I assume Philly does this for Felton's Bird Rights?

Yeah, I think we'd have to do this just from a cap standpoint. We'd also be trading for Miller's Bird Rights (I think), so we'd have a leg up on keeping him or at least possibly getting something in a S&T.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I assume Philly does this for Felton's Bird Rights?

Yeah, I think we'd have to do this just from a cap standpoint. We'd also be trading for Miller's Bird Rights (I think), so we'd have a leg up on keeping him or at least possibly getting something in a S&T.
Correct
Old 02-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

no1 wants nazr he is owed to much $$$

Last edited by catsandheels : 02-18-2009 at 04:40 PM.
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

This trade's fine as long as Charlotte doesn't have to sacrifice a 1st round pick. Considering the fact that Dalembert has not performed well, Mohammed may get some time playing bench.

$10 million off the books from Charlotte at the end of this season will sure help the team saving some money.

But I believe some other teams will push hard to acquire Miller since an experienced PG's uncommon.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
Brakas
I airball my layups

Brakas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Excuse me? I know you're new and that's great, but...wow. I'm at a loss for words right now.

Me or the post above you?
Brakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #10
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Maybe we can breathe calmly now........? Maybe.....(comments courtesy of owl).

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bob...ry/544507.html

Trade doesn't look likely before Thursday deadline
By Rick Bonnell
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2009
ORLANDO Charlotte Bobcats coach Larry Brown says the bar is high for making another trade before Thursday's deadline, and he doesn't anticipate one happening.

“Michael (Jordan) said if we can get talent back, and maybe move some pieces that aren't playing a lot here, we would consider that,” Brown said.

“But I really don't anticipate that happening and I think we're all pretty happy with what we have to work with right now.”

The latest Internet speculation ties the Bobcats to the Portland Trail Blazers, in a scenario that would swap Gerald Wallace and Sean May for Nicolas Batum and Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract.

However, a source familiar with the situation says the Blazers aren't receptive to dealing Batum and the Bobcats wouldn't give up Wallace primarily to reduce future payroll.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakas
Me or the post above you?
No worries, it wasn't you. Problem solved.

OWL, you realize now that Bonnell has said that there is no chance of a trade, the actual chances of a trade occurring have tripled.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
No worries, it wasn't you. Problem solved.

OWL, you realize now that Bonnell has said that there is no chance of a trade, the actual chances of a trade occurring have tripled.

So MJ and others lie to Bonnell so that he (Bonnell) can look like a fool, lose his job and lo and behold Timmeh takes Bonnell's job and becomes our replacement target..........

Really, do you think there's intentionality from the FO to keep other teams guessing? Maybe so. Our team is so good now that every team and FO ought to be a bit nervous. After tonight's game Crash made it clear that the guys are still talking playoffs. Or maybe it's again. But serious.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Haha yeah, it's a conspiracy.

I just read the Celtics inquired about Raja Bell...who do they have that we would even want (and afford)?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Haha yeah, it's a conspiracy.

I just read the Celtics inquired about Raja Bell...who do they have that we would even want (and afford)?

Bell is an integral part of our team. Would we want to get rid of him? We protect ourselves by making it clear that Nazr and/or May's contracts have to be part of any consideration. While getting Radmanovich was a stroke of genius that has had an immediate payoff, don't we risk diluting the current power of our team by introducing new elements now when every game leading up to the playoffs (I almost said 'layoffs'--oops) is important?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm ready to see how we finish the season with the current roster. It's a great night indeed when both the cats and heels win.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: