Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 06-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Name the Wizards team needs

Name your team's TEAM NEEDS, in order of importance.

What positions need to be filled the most?
What specific skills should the players at that position have to best compliment the players already there?

Post the top few most important needs the team has to fill this summer, via the draft/free agency/trades/etc.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

A point-forward and a big guy who can rebound and play defense. And then roleplayers off the bench. I'll take Boris Diaw and PJ Brown, thanks.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
hoopsididitagain
Got Some Game

hoopsididitagain has an OK reputation so far

They need a Center that be be consistent night after night with getting rebounds and adding 10-15 points per game.
hoopsididitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

After seeing what Lamar can do, who else thinks he would fit perfectly with this team. We could give up a package of Jamison and another + a draft picks for him. Mind you my favourite team is the Lakers, and I wouldn't take that trade, so really this point I'm making is useless because there's no way the Lakers deal him. Meh.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

easy, they need a center. Not necessarily an all-star but someone who can average around 15 points and 10 boards.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #6
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Kemosabe has decent reputation

They need more valid options coming from the bench. I agree with the need for a center that can play defence.
And if its possible a better coach - no offense to Eddie Jordan.
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:13 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

they just need a rebounder!

no need to be a center... just a rebounder...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #8
Terp #33
I airball my layups

Terp #33 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
they just need a rebounder!

no need to be a center... just a rebounder...

I agree, Etan Thomas is doing pretty well in the middle. They really need someone to crash the boards for rebounds. I was hoping Songalia was going to be that man, but we will have to wait and see about that.
Terp #33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Songaila seems a little soft to go in and grab rebounds... especially against guys like Shaq + Haslem, Ben Wallace + PJ Brown...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:56 PM   #10
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

You know whats funny... pretty much every team in the NBA needs a center, but sadly, there are no viable options there, unless the Wizards somehow plan to make a move for Greg Oden, also known as, the next Patrick Ewing. So, yes, the Wizards need a center, but, were stuck with Haywood/Thomas and probably will be stuck with them for a while. Let us not forget that Oleisky Pecherov (sp?) will be coming to the team next year and could add a dimension to the team that we've never seen, a power foward with ball handling skills and a decent jumper, sort of like a nicer version of Darius Songalia who will also add depth. I think Washington has plenty of depth actually when Songalia returns and Pecherov joins the roster, we just need Grunfeld to keep an eye out and keep scouting these draft picks hard and hope we get lucky with one of these guys, because, we wont have a lottery pick for a very long time, and im not so sure thats a good thing with this team.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #11
The Wiz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Wiz has an OK reputation so far

One Word: Rebounder
The Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: