Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-25-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Why the GS/CHA Deal won't work.

This is basically what I said on the main page, but a little more.

1. This trade is retarded and whoever started the rumor needs to be shot. Seriously. The cats currently have a 15-man roster and are looking into adding the 16th man for training camp. They are highly interested in Wells, but any sort of signing depends on Ely's status. He currently has a 3 million dollar qualifying offer to stay in Charlotte one more year.

2. Gerald Wallace is one of the fan favorites in Charlotte, the coaches and players all love him and his game. They would be pure retarded to trade him away, along with Ely. Especially for Pietrius and Dunleavy. I would understand it if it was for some better caliber players like JRich and Fisher, but not for Dunleavy.

3. If this supposed trade goes down, Charlotte can't sign Wells because of the roster situation. If anything, Charlotte will most likely trade Ely for a draft pick should they not choose to keep him.

Trading Wallace and Ely for two players does two things:

1. It fills up Charlottes roster. No Wells, no Ely.

2. You lose your star player, your defensive core, and your athletic presence.

3. You only gain two solid bench players on a team, which honestly, doesn't really need because all 5 starters could possibly be solid bench players on other teams like the Spurs, Heat or Lakers.

If MJ allows this to happen, he should be fired because this deal would kill any slim hopes Charlotte had of even making a playoff run.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
...............If MJ allows this to happen, he should be fired because this deal would kill any slim hopes Charlotte had of even making a playoff run.

You tell 'em!
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Trading Wallace and Ely for two players does two things:

1. It fills up Charlottes roster. No Wells, no Ely.

2. You lose your star player, your defensive core, and your athletic presence.

3. You only gain two solid bench players on a team, which honestly, doesn't really need because all 5 starters could possibly be solid bench players on other teams like the Spurs, Heat or Lakers.

If MJ allows this to happen, he should be fired because this deal would kill any slim hopes Charlotte had of even making a playoff run.

Wallace I do not think is your star player. It might be felton.

and soon enough might be morrison. With morrison wallace might be traded.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

None of the other Cats do what Wallace does with the exception, perhaps, of Bernard Robinson. I'm referring to the ability to just cut through the chase no matter who stands between him and the basket. Well, I suppose that you're right about Felton, but he can't replace GW.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:22 AM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Wallace I do not think is your star player. It might be felton.

and soon enough might be morrison. With morrison wallace might be traded.

wllace is one of the best defensive players in the league. if he was traded it would be in a package for a superstar. the man averaged 2 steals 2 blocks last year. he's awesome. if okafor is healthy i see the cats doing well.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:18 AM   #6
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Bobcats should avoid getting Mike Dunleavy when they already have adam morrison to build around at SF
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:19 AM   #7
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Keep G-Force, he is a Charlotte favorite, if MJ trades him, he will turn this team into the Washington Wizards of the south, they only got better when Mike (Jordan) left.

But my question is what would Dunleavy give Charlotte that they don't have?
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
Keep G-Force, he is a Charlotte favorite, if MJ trades him, he will turn this team into the Washington Wizards of the south, they only got better when Mike (Jordan) left.

Nothing at all...They got better players than dunleavy.

(Jordan is the stephon marbury of front offices...they get better when he leaves )
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #9
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29

Why do people always give MJ so much hate for his work in DC? Yea he drafted Kwame but ever prospect in the draft beside Pau sucked. He also cut away the salary cap room enough that the year when he was supposed to re-assume his position in the front office they where able to pick up Gil Arenas. Why does no one ever mention that?
Without MJ it is very likely Gilbert would be in LA playing for the Clips right now.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: