This is basically what I said on the main page, but a little more.
1. This trade is retarded and whoever started the rumor needs to be shot. Seriously. The cats currently have a 15-man roster and are looking into adding the 16th man for training camp. They are highly interested in Wells, but any sort of signing depends on Ely's status. He currently has a 3 million dollar qualifying offer to stay in Charlotte one more year.
2. Gerald Wallace is one of the fan favorites in Charlotte, the coaches and players all love him and his game. They would be pure retarded to trade him away, along with Ely. Especially for Pietrius and Dunleavy. I would understand it if it was for some better caliber players like JRich and Fisher, but not for Dunleavy.
3. If this supposed trade goes down, Charlotte can't sign Wells because of the roster situation. If anything, Charlotte will most likely trade Ely for a draft pick should they not choose to keep him.
Trading Wallace and Ely for two players does two things:
1. It fills up Charlottes roster. No Wells, no Ely.
2. You lose your star player, your defensive core, and your athletic presence.
3. You only gain two solid bench players on a team, which honestly, doesn't really need because all 5 starters could possibly be solid bench players on other teams like the Spurs, Heat or Lakers.
If MJ allows this to happen, he should be fired because this deal would kill any slim hopes Charlotte had of even making a playoff run.
None of the other Cats do what Wallace does with the exception, perhaps, of Bernard Robinson. I'm referring to the ability to just cut through the chase no matter who stands between him and the basket. Well, I suppose that you're right about Felton, but he can't replace GW.
Wallace I do not think is your star player. It might be felton.
and soon enough might be morrison. With morrison wallace might be traded.
wllace is one of the best defensive players in the league. if he was traded it would be in a package for a superstar. the man averaged 2 steals 2 blocks last year. he's awesome. if okafor is healthy i see the cats doing well.
Keep G-Force, he is a Charlotte favorite, if MJ trades him, he will turn this team into the Washington Wizards of the south, they only got better when Mike (Jordan) left.
But my question is what would Dunleavy give Charlotte that they don't have?
Why do people always give MJ so much hate for his work in DC? Yea he drafted Kwame but ever prospect in the draft beside Pau sucked. He also cut away the salary cap room enough that the year when he was supposed to re-assume his position in the front office they where able to pick up Gil Arenas. Why does no one ever mention that?
Without MJ it is very likely Gilbert would be in LA playing for the Clips right now.