Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-01-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
PierceISTruth
Banned

PierceISTruth has decent reputation
Default Call of Duty 4.

I used to be a long time Halo player. I was hesitant about picking this game up because I was biased for the halo series. But man did it blow me away. The multiplayer is 10 times the experience of halo 3. halo i must admit got boring after a while online. But call of duty has way more to offer imo in terms of online. i'm really digging the perk system and weapon acquiring. anyways my gamertag is monkeys123. hit me up if you wanna play and mention your from ish. i am currently a captain level 2.
PierceISTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
canadianballer
Banned

canadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Call of Duty 4.

halo is like the nerd version of cod
canadianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

cod4 is great, but there levels do get abit boring after awhile. more variety in scenery would be nice. a jungle level or a foggy snow level would be nice.
miller-time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far

i dont have a next generation console.... did you get it for PC or xbox? I plan on getting it because i dont have any games that can go online
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Uh, Call of Duty 5 (World at War) is out now and blows Call of Duty 4 away.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
daballa13
Great young streetballer

daballa13 has not been impressing people

HALO 3 PWNS NOOB. I bought GOW 2 and it sucked balls.
daballa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Spudjjay
Shining on em

Spudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc

HEADQUARTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My highest skill in Halo 3= 36
Spudjjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Joke?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Modern Warfare > other COD's.

WW2 is so beat down iin the game industry, i can't believe they went back to it after Modern Warfare
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #10
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Modern Warfare > other COD's.

WW2 is so beat down iin the game industry, i can't believe they went back to it after Modern Warfare
COD5 was made by a different company than COD4 (Infinity Ward).

But yes, the mechanics in COD4 were perfect, COD5 actually took steps backwards despite stealing 4's code.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #11
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
COD5 was made by a different company than COD4 (Infinity Ward)

Yeah i haven't played it since i refuse to play another WW2 game again, let alone buy one. All of the early CoD's and that RTS(which was really good) i forget the name of that all came out around the same time just killed the era for me when thats all there was out for a while to even play. I couldn't believe they went back to it even if it was another company, when Modern Warfare was so cool and practical to now
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Call of Duty: World at War is not a typical World War 2 game, and while it is made by a different group than COD4, it is based on the same engine and is practicaly the same game, except with different guns, larger maps, better graphics and tanks.

The battles are not your typical allies vs germany you find in world war 2 games, this is all US vs. Japan groundwar in the pacific and Soviet Union vs. Germany, so its not the typical world war 2 game by any means.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #13
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not much difference between 4 and 5. WWII is a dead horse in gaming, but 5 is still a blast to play. At least on PC.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #14
CasterL
Feeling supersonic

CasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected poster

Cod is good, i prefer 4 online than 5. i just find cod a bit easy. the game is aimed at the casual gamer which is why its so popular. auto aim and the fact you cant kill each other at the same time show this. i know its strange to be talking about skill in computer game but its not hard to be good at. aint like cs or socom or unreal ect.
CasterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
embersyc
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterL
Cod is good, i prefer 4 online than 5. i just find cod a bit easy. the game is aimed at the casual gamer which is why its so popular. auto aim and the fact you cant kill each other at the same time show this. i know its strange to be talking about skill in computer game but its not hard to be good at. aint like cs or socom or unreal ect.

WTF are you talking about? Obviously you never discovered Hardcore mode.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: