Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default I've given up on Michael Curry the coach

I wasted my afternoon watching this debacle at the Palace and I have lost faith in coach Michael Curry.

Curry, who has only officially ONE year as an assistant under Flip Saunders cannot manage this roster.

In short, Curry is basically Rick Carlisle 2.0. He maintains loyalty to the veterans and plays them irregardless if they are playing poor and/or if a young guy is having a good game. Far too many times, we have seen Maxiell rack up DNPCAs, Kwame starting one game and Amir another, and should a guy like Maxiell or Amir play decent, the get subbed out for guys like Sheed and McDyess and those vets end up playing poor.

Its an end of an era.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation
Default Re: I've given up on Michael Curry the coach

I am speechless.. a painful loss
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I knew rick Carlisle and you sir are no Rick Carlisle.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Carlisle > Curry
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Yes when you're head cocach is the guy that played on your team 5 or w/e years ago, you know that there is going to be a problem. No, Joe D didn't rush him at all... Those guys are easily at most to blame for this crappy season. Both have a chance to redeem themselves though
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I thinks it's fair to say there aren't a lot of coaches who would be doing much better with the lineup. I'm not saying he's done a good job with it so don't read into that too much. I'm mainly just saying I'm not impressed with the composition of the team we have right now.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I thinks it's fair to say there aren't a lot of coaches who would be doing much better with the lineup. I'm not saying he's done a good job with it so don't read into that too much. I'm mainly just saying I'm not impressed with the composition of the team we have right now.

But things should be working out. You take a team with 6 consecutive 50 win seasons and conference finals appernces, trade an all star for another all star with undoubtably a much better career who was still one of the best in the game, and the team EPIC FAILS. Who is to blame? the core is essentially the same except AI instead of chauncey, it's not like pistons got nothing for chauncey in return, certainly AI can't be blamed for this huge drop off. So what else changed? players got older, sheed hasn't been the same, but they should still be better. Oh yeah and i rookie head coach, that might have something to do with it... If you ask me who is at most to blame it would be 50% curry, 30% Dumars, 20% players.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

I blame AI. I think he's a cancer. He's a great scorer, but also a cancer. It's no coincidence that Denver instantly got better with Chauncey. It's no coincidence team USA did not want him. He tried to get on the USA team and they wanted no part of him. It's no coincidence that Philly wanted to trade him. They did everything they could to get rid of him. I'm not trying to take anything away from AI's personal accomplishments, but he's just not a team type guy. There's no way around it. Plus he's getting older. I'd much rather have Chauncey than AI, besides the money that we will have to play with or using him as a trading piece to get something we really need. AI may have the nickname the answer but he isn't in Detroit. He's not what we need. We are stacked with gaurds. I've been saying this for years. We need another good big man. If we add that we are once again the team to beat in the east. It doesn't work if we trade Sheed because we once again will need to add another big man. The only way Detroit gets better is trading small for big, which is tough to do. Or letting the contract drop off and getting a big that way. I honestly can't believe how many people has his back. What has he done for us???
Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

Quote:
I blame AI. I think he's a cancer. He's a great scorer, but also a cancer. It's no coincidence that Denver instantly got better with Chauncey. It's no coincidence team USA did not want him. He tried to get on the USA team and they wanted no part of him. It's no coincidence that Philly wanted to trade him. They did everything they could to get rid of him. I'm not trying to take anything away from AI's personal accomplishments, but he's just not a team type guy. There's no way around it. Plus he's getting older. I'd much rather have Chauncey than AI, besides the money that we will have to play with or using him as a trading piece to get something we really need. AI may have the nickname the answer but he isn't in Detroit. He's not what we need. We are stacked with gaurds. I've been saying this for years. We need another good big man. If we add that we are once again the team to beat in the east. It doesn't work if we trade Sheed because we once again will need to add another big man. The only way Detroit gets better is trading small for big, which is tough to do. Or letting the contract drop off and getting a big that way. I honestly can't believe how many people has his back. What has he done for us???
Given us 100% effort every second he's been on the court.
Can you name another person (besides Mcdyess/Afflalo) who has done the same?
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

I never said he doesn't play hard, but I'm not sure he's given "us" 100%.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Pistons blew a 14 pt 4th quarter lead without AI. Yeah, he is more of a problem than curry.

Last edited by detsportsfan3 : 02-10-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

Sure, like the Pistons haven't blown leads with AI in the lineup. Rip had a great game without AI in the lineup. He's the guy who should be starting there because he can actually match up with other shooting gaurds and play defense.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Sure, like the Pistons haven't blown leads with AI in the lineup. Rip had a great game without AI in the lineup. He's the guy who should be starting there because he can actually match up with other shooting gaurds and play defense.

None have been that bad though. and thats retarded thinking anyways. Its like saying I sneezed today and my dog died. Therefore when I sneeze pets die. It's just stupid thinking to blame AI just because he is on the team, playing better than almost everyone except maybe rip.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:57 AM   #14
dd24
College superstar

It's not really stupid thinking. I look at it like this. Denver sucked, they have the same coach, and same core players except 1. They replace AI with Chauncey and all the sudden they are a legit team.

My second point is look at how they configured the Olympic team. One of the greatest teams ever assembled. AI desperately wanted on the team and they said no. Chauncey would have been on the team if he wanted to.

Third, the 76ers didn't want AI.

Fourth, the Pistons were a legit contender in the begining of the year with Chauncey. They make one trade and all the sudden we are mediocre. Sure we have a different coach. He can take some blame. But Denver has the same coach and they are all the sudden better with the change of one player???? Did George Karl all the sudden become a far better coach. I don't think so.

AI is a great scorer. I don't think that translates into being a great player on a great team. I think he plays hard every night. I don't think he is the type of guy to take sacrifices for the better of the team though (like Rip coming off the bench). I don't think he makes other players around him better, especially on the defensive end.

It's funny how great coaches have great players on their teams. A coach needs the pieces to be successful. Anybody who has played basketball knows there needs to be players in specific roles. We need a PG, SG, SF, PF, and C. Right now we have a SG, SG, SF, PF, and PF. That doesn't work. Sheed needs to move to the PF spot. We need a solid C next to him. Right now we have two all star caliber players at SG. AI is not a PG. I can't blame these things on Curry.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
None have been that bad though. and thats retarded thinking anyways. Its like saying I sneezed today and my dog died. Therefore when I sneeze pets die. It's just stupid thinking to blame AI just because he is on the team, playing better than almost everyone except maybe rip.
look, ai has been solid offensively since hes been here, but he is a terrible defender. To the point of liability. add that to our inability to cover on the pick'n (which I dont understand how it got so bad) and we are a terrible defensive team now. its not all on AI, but its not a coincidence that so many of the guys who go off on us are the guys hes supposed to be defending. I wish Curry would let them help more instead of being so "either you defend your guy or they get a basket. No Help!". but hes not going to. As long as AI is starting, our backcourt will continue to be terrible defensively.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: