Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 02-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default team needs

The Cats still have a slight chance of making the playoffs but its highly doubtful that they will. Its still kind of early to talk about the draft but how many 1st round picks the Cats have and what do you think the Cats should use the pick (or) picks?

The 2 main spots the Cats should focus is the SG spot and the C spot.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: team needs

If Charlotte makes the playoffs they dont have a first rounder.

I think our starting 5 is solid, so at this point you draft the best talent available when its your turn.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Any way we could convince MJ to have no part in the draft whatsoever?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

We need a version of Gerald Wallace without the concussions and collapsed lungs.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
Brakas
I airball my layups

Brakas has an OK reputation so far

I think a big defensive 2 guard or a true big would help. I think the Cats should jump on the Josh Howard trade for Felton now.
Brakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Basically every position is upgradable...

Felton's likely gone so a veteran PG's necessary.
Raja Bell's aging so we need a young combo guard
GW's injured pretty much every season so we'll definitely need a solid bench SF with quick feet.
A rebounder PF is needed to back up Diaw and that guy's probably not May.
A really tall scoring big men to help out Okafor cus Oka's undersized and have trouble grabbing rebounds against 7ft. big men. Diop won't help in scoring.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the Cats are pretty solid right now. You guys basically have good players at all 5 positions and it's just a matter of winning games now
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
Basically every position is upgradable...

Felton's likely gone so a veteran PG's necessary.
Raja Bell's aging so we need a young combo guard
GW's injured pretty much every season so we'll definitely need a solid bench SF with quick feet.
A rebounder PF is needed to back up Diaw and that guy's probably not May.
A really tall scoring big men to help out Okafor cus Oka's undersized and have trouble grabbing rebounds against 7ft. big men. Diop won't help in scoring.

How about Diop and Nazr for Kaman... Maybe throw in Ammo and May.
(IMO Kaman's a beast).
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:06 AM   #9
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
How about Diop and Nazr for Kaman... Maybe throw in Ammo and May.
(IMO Kaman's a beast).

Illegal Trade: Diop + Nazr = $11.5 million ( what a waste of money)
Kaman = $ 9.5 million Therefore, % difference is about ~20%

We have too many subpar big men who can't do shxt. One can do nothing and the other can't score much.

Nobody on earth will want to take Morrison and/or May. They prove how Charlotte FO screwed Bob Johnson's hope. MJ better buy all the shares from Johnson at twice the market price to make up what disaster he and pervious FO workers have created...

I think May's more hopeful than Morrison, at least May has proven to be effective in the past while Morrison has never been a consistent player.

Damn...anyone who play 2K9 will know how slow Morrison is and his inability to finish at the rim.

Anyway, does anyone know why MJ and co. drafted Morrison?
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:23 AM   #10
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:

I think that we drafted him because at Gonzaga he shot the lights out and won titles. I know that some of our other posters here will know exactly what I mean and post it here. And his first NBA season I remember being very excited about him. He could shoot at will. Except that Ammo was so self-conscious that it was like a cloak over his game so we got flashes of brilliance that have faded horribly over recent seasons. For sure no one is more disappointed in him than he is.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

....and the trade deadline approacheth.....
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I think that we drafted him because at Gonzaga he shot the lights out and won titles. I know that some of our other posters here will know exactly what I mean and post it here. And his first NBA season I remember being very excited about him. He could shoot at will. Except that Ammo was so self-conscious that it was like a cloak over his game so we got flashes of brilliance that have faded horribly over recent seasons. For sure no one is more disappointed in him than he is.

I guess that "flashes of brilliance" could describe May, too, and LB seems to be willing to allow May to recapture that but where's May on that? Is May on board? Don't know. May doesn't seem to have too much life in him.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #13
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:

That's actually kind of the idea that I got when I read an article on the ISH main page pertaining to the Bobcats roster. I mean, everyone was saying that JJ Red would never pan out to be a good NBA player and then they go out and draft a player who is even more unathletic 3rd overall? Even Tyrus Thomas has shown himself to be of more use than Morrison. The article stated that Morrison was a bust but I really cannot think of what people were expecting out of him. At best, he's a differant flavoured Jason Kapono. A role player. You don't draft role players with the 3rd overall pick.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
That's actually kind of the idea that I got when I read an article on the ISH main page pertaining to the Bobcats roster. I mean, everyone was saying that JJ Red would never pan out to be a good NBA player and then they go out and draft a player who is even more unathletic 3rd overall? Even Tyrus Thomas has shown himself to be of more use than Morrison. The article stated that Morrison was a bust but I really cannot think of what people were expecting out of him. At best, he's a differant flavoured Jason Kapono. A role player. You don't draft role players with the 3rd overall pick.

It would be very, very easy to see what folks were expecting from him if you all would only familiarize yourselves with what he did in college. You would then be able to answer your own question rather than going around and around about a very simple issue. He was a phenom in college but one who hasn't been able to make the transition from college phenom to the NBA.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #15
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

yeah, OWL is totally correct here. in college, ammo had an excellent shot and he was really, really strong. he was always a very aggressive player, and being aggressive and strong are two very favorable traits for the NBA. he never was very fast, but he never needed to be. it's unfortunate that he's been so bad in the NBA.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: