Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default McDyess to start?

From the Detroit News…
McDyess might end up a Pistons starter

Quote:
Over our last 20 games and into the playoffs, I am not sure, but we may look at that," Curry said. "But going through this stretch, we want to see (how the current starting five works).

Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: McDyess to start?

Probably should be, disappointed that Amir isn't getting much time/shooting more. He can score in the paint but no one ever gets him the ball, everyone just takes jump shots.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd put Rip in the starting lineup for AI before I would make that change. Besides that it doesn't matter who starts and who doesn't. The Pistons are obviously a player short still.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I'd put Rip in the starting lineup for AI before I would make that change. Besides that it doesn't matter who starts and who doesn't. The Pistons are obviously a player short still.
Why not for stuck?
I never understood why he was a lock as a starter. AI can play the point as good/better than him (IMO), and Rip can play the point as well (so can Tay but now I'm getting carried away)
Rip is a 3 time all star or something, AI is a first ballot hall of famer, I got SERIOUS love for stuck, but both AI and Rip are positively better than him.
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

AI definately can't play PG. He says he isn't a PG. The country doesn't think he's a PG which is why they didn't want him for the Olympic team and would have taken Billups if he wanted to go. That to me says a little bit about this trade. Stuckey will be an elite PG in the future. Give him some time. This is his first season where he's even been playing decent minutes. He's nearly still a rookie. AI & Rip in the backcourt together is an imcomplete team. You need a PG to run a team. Neither are the type of person to run a team. Ask Denver how they feel about having a true PG on their team. It seems to me it made a big difference for them.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

H2whoa has decent reputationH2whoa has decent reputation

Quote:
Ask Denver how they feel about having a true PG on their team. It seems to me it made a big difference for them.
Yeah, true, but Stuckey is just as much of a SG as AI or Rip is. That's why he was picked 15th is because everyone saw Stuckey the SG. Only true PG we have goes by the name of Bynum. And to me this kid is crazy good, but not worthy of no starting spot.
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far

Sheed, McDyess, Tay, Rip, AI.

This is the best possible lineup we can put on the court. At any time, no matter what.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Blackmon
Sheed, McDyess, Tay, Rip, AI.

This is the best possible lineup we can put on the court. At any time, no matter what.

Who plays the role of faciltator and getting the rest of the team involved?
Old 02-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #9
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
tay? no one really. ai would have to, but Im not sold
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #10
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

It could be a combination of players depending on what matchups the opposing team has on the floor.

Tay, AI, or even Sheed could run offense through the high post. But I doubt that because he thinks he's a f*ckin guard.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #11
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Stuckey should definitely be coming off the bench and not rip. I'm tired of fans/curry/Joe D rushing his development and acting like it's a crime that he doesn't start. I can't believe there was an argument between whether rip or AI would come off and not stuck. He's been struggling like crazy lately and rips been hot. AI can run the key better than stuck. He's our guy for the future and everyone knows it, but he is not the guy now when you have to sit an all-star.

In a side note I think a real problem is the bench depth. Guys like bynum and maxiell can definitely contribute and deserve time but aren't playing at all. I haven't seen hermann, kwame (good thing), maxiell, or bynum in FOREVER. Just afflalo, rip, and Dice off the bench which is pathetic.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #12
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Anyone know this is line up change number what without injury reason??
I LOST the count..

Curry is clueless
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
Stuckey should definitely be coming off the bench and not rip. I'm tired of fans/curry/Joe D rushing his development and acting like it's a crime that he doesn't start. I can't believe there was an argument between whether rip or AI would come off and not stuck. He's been struggling like crazy lately and rips been hot. AI can run the key better than stuck. He's our guy for the future and everyone knows it, but he is not the guy now when you have to sit an all-star.

In a side note I think a real problem is the bench depth. Guys like bynum and maxiell can definitely contribute and deserve time but aren't playing at all. I haven't seen hermann, kwame (good thing), maxiell, or bynum in FOREVER. Just afflalo, rip, and Dice off the bench which is pathetic.

AI has came out and said he isn't a PG and that he is a scorer. We all know Rip isn't a PG. AI didn't even start at PG in Denver. Stuckey starts because he's the best PG that Detroit has on their roster. I can't believe it's even a discussion. We have 2 good players who play the same position. We already know neither one is going to change their position. That is our problem this year (well one of them). I'd really like Joe D to get aggressive in trading for Stoudamire or Bosh. Why wait until 2010 to try and sign them? We could make a trade, show them we are legit contenders (or possibly even win it all) and sign them to an extension. To me that's the best case scenario. I doubt it will happen but that's my hope.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #14
dd24
College superstar

While I would prefer Bosh, Amare did say he would like to go to Detroit. He's a guy who actually likes finishing at the rim which is something we haven't had in a long time. He can shoot outside but doesn't like doing it all the time which is what Phoenix is making him do right now since they have Shaq on the block for the most part. Him and Sheed would be deadly on the offensive end together. If we could get him to start playing better D I think the that would be our ticket back to the finals. I'd love to see AI's expiring contract get traded for Amare.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: