Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 02-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Felton or Augustin

It looks like the Cats might try to keep Felton and trade Augustin

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...-not-done.html

Who do you think the Cats will ultimately keep?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Felton or Augustin

Never trust what Rick Bonnell has to say. You know why Morrison got traded? Bonnell never said a word about it, he just commented on how he was struggling.

The general vibe is that if either PG were to go, it would be Felton. Singletary would be the 2nd option. Augustin has shown so much potential and Felton seems to be peaking.

With the acquisition of Radman, we have a versatile guy who can play the 3, 4 or 5 depending on how big our lineup is. He's a long rang power forward really. All we need now really is a good second string SG, but if we trade Felton then we'd also need a vet PG to help out DJ.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Augustin will end up being the superior player hands down.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Augustin will end up being the superior player hands down.
I really want to know why you (and so many others) think so... I've seen some good things but nothing spectacular from him.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
I really want to know why you (and so many others) think so... I've seen some good things but nothing spectacular from him.

27 points on 6-11 three's and 6 assist last night, this man is for real.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Augustin does so many things right, which is remarkable for a rookie point guard. He has a great feel for what is going on around him and has one of the sweetest looking shots I've seen in a long while. He still makes rookie mistakes and of course doesn't get any calls his way, but he's learning quickly under the best point guard teacher there is. The future is very bright for him I believe.

Felton has had the best season of his career so far and a lot of that has to do with coach Brown. Raymond brings a lot of intangibles to the floor including a strong work ethic and great energy. His poor shooting is his one glaring weakness. In the end it will all come down to numbers. Raymond has earned a nice new contract. I just don't think it's possible for that to be with the Bobcats.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Ill let Feltons 4-17 shooting last night do the talking for me.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Felton is an inconsistent shooter. He may go 9-10 one night and 4-20 the next. It doesn't matter if point totals are consistent, its the percentage. When you're jacking up shots, you're costing the team possessions.

In Augustin's case, if he goes 5-6 or 13-17, the percentages are consistent and that gives the team a better chance to win. There are for other guys on the team, so poor shooting percentages kills more than actual numbers. Thats why we hated Morrison so much because he had the same problem.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

I think DJ is a better shooter than Felton, but as of right now DJ's FG% is .401 & Felton's is .394...not a lot of difference. He's a much better 3 pt shooter tho.

On the other hand Felton is way ahead of DJ on defense.

Regardless, IMO we're keeping both.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
Brakas
I airball my layups

Brakas has an OK reputation so far

I'm not a big Felton fan, although he has improved this year. I'm sure it has to do with a contract year. I bet he will be the type of player that gets his contract then goes back to his old ways. I like Augustins team first play. I hope we trade Felton away for something in the next few weeks.
Brakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #11
BeebCats
Serious playground baller

BeebCats has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakas
I'm not a big Felton fan, although he has improved this year. I'm sure it has to do with a contract year. I bet he will be the type of player that gets his contract then goes back to his old ways. I like Augustins team first play. I hope we trade Felton away for something in the next few weeks.

I don't see how you can say that. Felton has one of (if not the) best work ethics on the team -- I would definitely credit his improvement to Larry Brown, his first real NBA coach, then to say it's because of his contract year.

I would definitely like to keep Felton, but you obviously can't justify giving DJ away with the way he's played in his first year.
BeebCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

We don't have enough guard depth (1 SG, 2 quality PG) to let Felton go without getting at least a very high quality backup PG and hopefully a serviceable PF in return (Nazr will go with him). We'll also need to grab another guard in the off-season who can fill in for Augustin/Bell depending on what position we don't get for Felton and some decent bench players.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #13
Brakas
I airball my layups

Brakas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeebCats
I don't see how you can say that. Felton has one of (if not the) best work ethics on the team -- I would definitely credit his improvement to Larry Brown, his first real NBA coach, then to say it's because of his contract year.

I would definitely like to keep Felton, but you obviously can't justify giving DJ away with the way he's played in his first year.

I can say that based on the first few years. I know Larry has to do with it somewhat, but a good player is a good player and before this year he has not shown it. I have a feeling it's all about the contract. May was the dumb one because he has been lazy and seems to be expecting a pay day.
Brakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Doesn't May's contract expire at the end of this season?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Doesn't May's contract expire at the end of this season?

Yes.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: