Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 02-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Amare Stoudamire anyone?

So its pretty obvious that amare is now available. Do you guys think that the grizz should try and pursue a trade. If so what do you think is a reasonable offer to get the all star forward.

I have a few ideas.

1- Trade rudy gay and warrik. Maybe another role player.

2- Conley, warrik, 1st round pick.

3- Rudy gay 1st round pick and some fillers.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Amare Stoudamire anyone?

no thanks, hteres no way he would stay in memphis, atleast theres a chance rudy would stay.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

Uh no thanks. Like Brandon said, I think he'd go somewhere where he can get more exposure so there is a chance he wouldn't resign so it would be just like renting him for a couple games. Mayo & Amare would be a sick duo though.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amare is b!tching like a spoilt child already in Phoenix. There's no way in hell he would want to play for this team. Even he did get traded here, he'd be out of Memphis before we even knew what hit us.

Personally I wouldn't want him. He's not that great of a rebounder and is pretty poor defensively. Pass.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
derf
I airball my layups

derf has an OK reputation so far

i would have traded him for pau in or playoff days but not now.we know he would leave we need to get it together before our young players bolt during free agengy.
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

All has been said about, I would love to have Amare here, but for how long would he stay? Nah, we should try another one.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Lets say it was possible to keep mayo and gay as well as get amare.

Then we sign ben gordon in the off season.

A line up like this.

Mayo
gordon
gay
amare
gasol

Assuming we traded conley and others to get amare.

That line up could make the playoffs. If we are winning and the fans are back. Which they would be and if heisley throws the sink at him he might stay.

What do you guys think of that possible line up.

Im not saying its plausible but its not impossible.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer

A line up like this.

Mayo
gordon
gay
amare
gasol

That line up could make the playoffs. If we are winning and the fans are back. Which they would be and if heisley throws the sink at him he might stay.

I would be curious to see how many basketballs this team would need to play
Ok, that lineup could be really amazing to see in Memphis, and probably could make the playoffs if Amare fits in the system (I'm not so sure about it). Now, the problem is the bench, because I can't see Phoenix getting back anything else worse than Conley+Warrick+fillers
Old 02-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

Quote:

A line up like this.

Mayo
gordon
gay
amare
gasol

Mayo would average 5 turnovers a game at point guard. He seems to turn the ball over with regularity when he's the primary ball handler so just imagine him with the ball in his hands at point guard. He's fine at the shooting guard. Also, signing Gordon would be a terrible ideal. Amare wants to be the man so how do you expect him to be with three other ball hungry players. I think we should really give Darrell time to grow. He's a great rebounder and has become a solid mid range shooter. Some seasoning & a little practice and I think he'll be pretty good in a couple of years. We have to keep our core together and give them time to develop chemistry and learn each others strengths.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #10
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

A line up like this.

Mayo
gordon
gay
amare
gasol

i personally dont like this lineup and it will never happen.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

Everyone assumes that these guys wouldnt fit because they think everyone would be selfish. People that want to win are willig to put their egos in check. Plus amare would be the top dog.

Everyone wants to let our talent develop or draft a power forward with potential.

And what I love is that everyone hopes that they turn out as good as players like amare! So if you can get the real thing and he is already seasoned, why not atleast try it out. Were already at rock bottom looking up.

Ok take out gordon and put in ramon sessions and korver off the bench.
Have sessions run your point instead of mayo does anyone like that lineup better.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
I would be curious to see how many basketballs this team would need to play
Ok, that lineup could be really amazing to see in Memphis, and probably could make the playoffs if Amare fits in the system (I'm not so sure about it). Now, the problem is the bench, because I can't see Phoenix getting back anything else worse than Conley+Warrick+fillers

Conley, warrrik, one of our centers and the first rounder this season and the one from the lakers next seasons.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #13
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Conley, warrrik, one of our centers and the first rounder this season and the one from the lakers next seasons.

yeah, exactly... now you are left with a very thin bench. I don't say I wouldn't try to get Amare for these guys, but at least an effort should be done to get some good veterans to keep the team alive in the games when your first unit is out. And frankly, Memphis management is not used to put a competitive roster together.
I like also your second option of Sessions instead of Ben Gordon. He is a better fit in the team, IMO.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #14
jailer
MillionDollarException

Look I understand that this wont happen. The thing that you guys dont understand is that the city of memphis dosent follow the team anymore because there is no star to follow. Maybe mayo will turn into that who knows. The problem is that the grizzlies dont have to time to do their three year plan. Amare would bring immediate recognition to this franchise. The fans would start coming again the team would have alot more nationally televised games as well.

We will have 22million to buy a bench next year in the off season. We should go for it.

There was a good point made on the radio here today. The grizz should talk to amare about signing an extension and if they can get an agreement done then they should trade rudy to get him. But if not then package a deal that dosent send rudy. You could even send them protected lottery picks.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #15
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Amare doesnt work hard. Takes games and plays off. He will cancer our young guys like Mayo Conley Gay w/ bad work ethic.

I want a PF but Amare is not that guy. I woulnt trade Conley he has been our beast player in our last 5 games they way he has controlled the game.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: