Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation
Default Amare to Detroit Rumour - Discussion & Updates

I aint gonna post all the newses,its all over the web with each site claimin this and that..

But detroit is one of the frontrunners to get Amare, along with the bulls.
Latest everywhere is that suns get sheed, amir jhonson + 1st rounder for amare.

There were other rumours of a three way trade as well, sending Bosh to detroit, amare to the suns and tayshaun + some other player to the suns.

Also it seems like the heat & new jersey are out of it. The warriors are also making a run, but considering they are western team I dont know if suns would like to deal amare to them.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Amare to Detroit Rumour - Discussion & Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti

Works for me. I've heard some deals that swap Maxiell in place of Amir, but either or sound good to me.

Now we just wait and see… hopefully this new infusion will get our team playing competitive again.

I like Sheed and thank him for all he has done his time here, but now it is best for us all to move on.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
I aint gonna post all the newses,its all over the web with each site claimin this and that..

There were other rumours of a three way trade as well, sending Bosh to detroit, amare to the suns and tayshaun + some other player to the suns.

Also it seems like the heat & new jersey are out of it. The warriors are also making a run, but considering they are western team I dont know if suns would like to deal amare to them.

I'd be fine with that . Amir's time is slowly decreasing although I think he has potential, definitely not here. Would like to see him actually do something elsewhere. As for sheed... eh, I'll be glad to see him gone. 1st doesn't mean much to me, especially with an extra 2 lottery team 2nd round picks. But trading a big man for a big man means that rip would still come off the bench and we'd still have a whole at either PF or center. An AI+Sheed, miscellaneous deal for Shaq+Amare would be awesome but no way suns do it. Guess I wouldn't mind keeping sheed till the end of the season and doing an AI for shaq trade, we'd finally have no holes or people out of position in the starting 5. Either way, I think suns are the one team I want the pistons to trade with the most. Maybe a grant hill return? ... not likely
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think Shaq is exactly what we need. I would love to get Amare in a Detroit uniform. I would like to do it without losing Sheed. If we use him in a trade we are still looking for another big man to fill that void. I think having a front line of Sheed and Amare is the way to go. That gives us a championship caliber team. I say send AI to Phoenix. They are talking about blowing the whole thing up and getting rid of others anyway. He fits their style more than ours. If we could pull that off I wouldn't mind trading Sheed for Tyson Chandler. He just seems like a good fit for Detroit. A defensive minded center who had added a few offensive moves to his game. I think of him like a Ben Wallace type guy. He's not as good defensively as Ben was in his prime but he also not as limited offensively.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Tyson Chandler won't work here in Detroit…maybe if we had Billups but Chandler needs a top tier point guard to be effective. He was a bust in Chicago and Chris Paul revived is terrible career… There was a time when Eddy Curry was a star in the making while Chandler was headed out of relevance.

If we were to bring in Amare at the expense of Sheed, we would possibly be a more up tempo team, and Amare brings more offense to the paint. We would loose the three ball but the idea is we take more quality high percentage shots inside rather than chuck jumpshots all night long… we loose because shots don't always go in and when we win its either a close game or we don't miss… Detroit is the easiest team to prepare for as EVERY team breaks out the zone and forces us to shoot jumpers and we bite it hook, line, and sinker… and its the jumpshots that aren't sinking

Also the idea of bringing Amare here now, would allow us to "test drive" him and see if he can work out here and if it is even worth resigning him… There is NO guarantee that he will choose to come here on his own so lets try to get him here now, let him play and become acclimated, and sell him on this franchise.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Tyson Chandler won't work here in Detroit…maybe if we had Billups but Chandler needs a top tier point guard to be effective. He was a bust in Chicago and Chris Paul revived is terrible career… There was a time when Eddy Curry was a star in the making while Chandler was headed out of relevance.

I'm not really sure what defense has to do with a PG. I compared him to Ben Wallace just not quite as good defensively as Ben was when he was in Detroit and I don't think anybody would say Chandler isn't more of a threat on the offensive end. If he put up 10 or 12 ppg and grabbed about 10 boards while clogging up the middle on D and playing that role, that is really what we need. If you look at the elite teams in the league their two big men starting are better than our two. If we had Sheed + another solid big guy we would be ahead of those teams because I believe we already have the back court.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
dealer77
I open layup bricks

dealer77 has an OK reputation so far

Just some ideas for trade possibilities. For the record, more focus was on making salaries match up, than actually focusing on who is involved in the trade. Assumptions were that the only sacred cows would be tay and stuckey for us, we don't want nash, and we couldn't get/don't want lopez.

That being said, here are some possibilities, draft picks excluded that work in landing amare in a pistons uniform:

Idea #1:
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=4997392
Idea #2:
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=4997399
Idea #3:
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=4997405
dealer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

I think everybody could guess this coming from me but..... I really like that first trade scenario you put together. They have been trying to get rid of Barbosa too. He could be that scoring punch we need off the bench. Plus we would have Amare and Sheed down low with McDyess coming off the bench for them. I don't mind including Amir, that's the young talent they are looking for. They want an expiring contract so they get that with AI. There might have to be a swap of 1st and 2nd round draft picks, but it would be nice not to have to do that.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #9
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think everybody could guess this coming from me but..... I really like that first trade scenario you put together. They have been trying to get rid of Barbosa too. He could be that scoring punch we need off the bench. Plus we would have Amare and Sheed down low with McDyess coming off the bench for them. I don't mind including Amir, that's the young talent they are looking for. They want an expiring contract so they get that with AI. There might have to be a swap of 1st and 2nd round draft picks, but it would be nice not to have to do that.

Too bad that would never happen. No way suns want nash and AI, that would be one of the worst defensive backcourt in history (next to stuckey/AI of course) 3rd trade makes the most sense. I wouldn't mind it since I want sheed gone and barbosa has a really nice contract, but rip has been on FIRE lately.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:02 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

I know they don't want Nash and AI. Just like we don't want the back court we have. The thing is it's highly likely Nash is on his way out. They will need to replace him. That's why I think it makes sense for them to potentially get him. The third deal is the worst. Trading 2 all-stars for 1 is not a good trade. It also doesn't fit what the Suns are looking for. They want youth and an expiring contract. Amir has a lot of potential yet. He could be the youth they are looking for. AI is an expiring contract. They know they aren't going to win a championship this year anyway. They could just let him go after the season or like I said before they could resign him if they think Nash is going to leave. They would also probably want a draft pick.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=168

Okey those are most of the offers reported. Miami, nets , Portland and Memphis are all out of it now.
Marion + beasley for amare been rejected
Portland wanted Nash as well

Its almost Bulls vs Pistons derby for Amare.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

That's a great summary. Let's hope the Bulls don't finally get their big man. They would have a great young nucleas with Rose & Stoudarmire that would be a tough team for years to come. If the Pistons can pull off this deal it would be huge for our organization. If they can't let's hope they can make a push for Bosh, which probably isn't going to happen this season.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

not a huge fan of all the amar'e trades. Hes a terrible defender and I see our inability to cover the pick'n as our biggest weakness. Id wather have either bosh or boozer or memo. Boozer may not be a great defender, but his low post game is an option you can actually call plays for. I dont see amar'e's offensive skillset as being good enough to have set plays run for him. decent jumper and a finisher on poor rotations.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #14
dd24
College superstar

I think he isn't a good defender because Phoenix just never had an emphasis on D. I think with a little motivation he could lock someone up. Offensively, he is a monster obviously. I've said all along I'd rather have Bosh. I just don't think it will happen this season and I think he will be more coveted in 2010. Boozer I'm not sold on. He's a little under sized which means we would need to have a big center next to him. I would love to have Memo. I think we made a huge mistake letting him go.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #15
BALLin01
Local High School Star

BALLin01 has decent reputationBALLin01 has decent reputation

i like it... but how about this trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=aawozm

btw, im new on these forums but have been reading them

back on topic,

pistons become

C-Amar'e Stoudamire