Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 09-26-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default So will the Heat repeat as champs?

Why or why not?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Hell NO!!!, I'm kidding, seriously I'm kidding.

If not Chicago taking it, I'm picking Miami to do it again, but look out for San Antonio and a retooled New Jersey squad

They have the Nets winning it all in some publications.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:56 AM   #3
laalaa
Original Lakers FAM

laalaa has an OK reputation so far

It's way too early to make any locks, but considering the offseason Miami had and what other teams in the east didn't, it'd atleast predict conference finals.
Now, the real question is, are the guys that ring hungry anymore? Ofcourse but on some level it's actually somewhat questionable. Who doesnt want to repeat..? But defending the title is always harder.

Wade is going to develope his game, there's no question about that. That includes all the other young guys.
Then on the other side of this ship we have veterans who are gaining age, almost ready to retire. Court-IQ wise they play smarter, no question, but what about the physical condition and being able to run with and against the young guys? Shaq still has a couple of years left, Zo is most likely going to retire after this season and surely wants to end his career with unforgetable back to back titles. Payton I would consider as a key roleplayer, if he only keeps knocking down those open shots from Shaq and Wade...
Walker isnt really my favorite players in the league but after this season I do have to admit I was wrong about his abilities and have to give the guy some credit. Granted he does take stupid shots every once in a while, but having the trust of his teammates and a talented coach helps a lot.
I left someone out ofcourse, like J-Will, may someone else please continue the story or question me.
laalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Walker just needed someone to push a button on him that wasn't pushed in Boston or Dallas or Atlanta. The you are a role player not a star button.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

No, Phoenix will take it. However, they may win the East again, even with their aging roster.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would be surprised if the Heat repeated again. The tribal elders are a year older and it will be difficult and lucky for them to have a healthy season up into the playoffs. Regardless, I wish them luck.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #7
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

I don't think they will, I still believe that Phantom foul was B.S. and if they were to have won it should had been in game 7. But that's the past and we have to live with it. But if some how Wade continues to play good and Shaq comes to camp in great shape and Win it again Then I have no choice but to accept it. And admit they are true Champions, with out a dought and Shaq and Wade are a true Duo.
But for now I'm not liking what I saw in the finals and find it hard to believe they are true champions.

Can they win it again? Time will tell!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #8
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

they'll be a contending team tim pat reily(spell cheak) retires....then shaq will retire....then the whole team will fall apart until miami lands a totally awsome draft pick and owns the legue once more
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #9
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

If they stay healthy and perform at the same level they did at the end of last year, then sure.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #10
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

not if people figure out how to adapt defense to the new rules.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
not if people figure out how to adapt defense to the new rules.

interesting comment... what new rules are you referring to? looks like i may have missed something.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #12
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

well i guess its more the new interpretations of the rules. they arent allowing any hand-checking or bumping or any physical defense. they have done this to increase scoring and raise ratings. skilled wingmen like Wade have been able to get inside wihout getting punished and have really raised their scoring averages. The number of FT's have really increased because defenders havent figured out how to play D against players like wade without using the grit and determination they used to.

If teams can get more skilled at using zone defense they can possibly combat this.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #13
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

I think it was a one and done deal unless they get a couple younger players in a couple years.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #14
adrenalize
I airball my layups

adrenalize has an OK reputation so far

Right! Too much age on the team, their timing was perfect this year. Shaq and Mourning gonna both loose a step next year. They got some young talent too, but they also had alot of luck on there side last year too.
adrenalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #15
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

I'll tell you one thing it's getting harder to repeat these days, the competition is going to be even higher this year. So, basically I think this season we'll have a new champion.The Heat's chance was last year and they were successful, but they won't repeat this year.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: