Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 02-12-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Dunleavy come to his senses?

The Clipps have won 3 of the last 4 and are finally running and knocking down a ton of outside shots. It also helps that Zach Randolph has returned to give us a post presence. But it seems like Dunleavy has came to his senses finally to let our team play at the pace the players want to. I mean it took half a season but for finally figuring it out Mike.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dunleavy come to his senses?

I agree, Clipps need to take a page out of NY's (other MikeD's..) book.. At the very least put out an effort that is fun to view. I hope they continue to push the ball, and give the ball to my new favored Clipper E.Gor.. he is dah man..

However, to be fair.. in keeping these few wins in mind.. it is easier to see the success occur, when you have players like Baron and Z-Bo return to your line up

Barons 20 assist game was re-sick-culous...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

It had nothing to do with Dunleavy's coaching. The only reason why we are winning now is because we are driving to the basket and some of the jumpers are going in. Dunleavy has been yelling at the guys run it and run but they continue to take too many missed jumpers. I hate it when everbody blames his call making. I can understand when he has a weak rebounder in the line-up but I highly doubt he is calling those plays where Baron Davis has an open Gordon or Novak but decides to put up a brick.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #4
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

just because we're making shots now that we werent earlier in the season, doesnt mean the pace has changed. it looks the same to me.

it seems like whenever teams are struggling, fans always blame the coach for not letting the team run n gun the way the warriors or suns or knicks nuggets or grizzlies do. what has that ever gotten those teams? the spurs, celtics, lakers, cavs all play at a halfcourt pace. i'll play at whatever pace wins ballgames. and from here it looks like thats still a halfcourt game.

the problem was never that we werent running, it was that we werent executing. it doesnt matter what style you play if you dont do that. baron, gordon, and randolph all should be favorable players in the halfcourt because of their physical strength on offense and (except for randolph) defense. thornton is more of an open court player because his athleticism > his IQ but thornton isnt really ideal for this team anyway as a starter and if we had something to replace him with we would. camby can play either way but honestly i think we're a lot better off playing like the spurs do with a post-player, a couple penetrators, and the rest stationary shooters. and with a core of baron, gordon, randolph, camby (to clean the garbage) and dare i say novak we could actually be a very imposing basketball team if everyone is healthy and playing to potential. yes we need to upgrade thorntons spot and we need a stronger bench (our bench is deep, but not strong) and we could be a legit team. we have some good pieces in place. we could REALLY use that high lottery pick and a decent free agent signing like my guy brandon bass. as much as i would like to see things come together in the second half this year, i also wouldnt mind if they dont because we need that lottery. but this team has things to build on, definitely.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
It had nothing to do with Dunleavy's coaching. The only reason why we are winning now is because we are driving to the basket and some of the jumpers are going in. Dunleavy has been yelling at the guys run it and run but they continue to take too many missed jumpers. I hate it when everbody blames his call making. I can understand when he has a weak rebounder in the line-up but I highly doubt he is calling those plays where Baron Davis has an open Gordon or Novak but decides to put up a brick.

yeah look at Barons assists over the last 5 games and look at the free throws + points in the paint that's getting them wins
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:46 AM   #6
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
yeah look at Barons assists over the last 5 games and look at the free throws + points in the paint that's getting them wins
Exactly, Baron is at his best when he is penetrating and dishing out assists not taking empty three point jumpers.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: