Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 02-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Clippers' Gordon, Thornton shine in Rookie-Sophomore game

By Ramona Shelburne, Staff Writer

Quote:
PHOENIX - There are always snubs. And when you're talking about the Rookie-Sophomore game at the NBA All-Star game, snubs are usually only felt at the individual level.

In other words, there aren't many cries of foul if a deserving rookie gets left out of the game.

Which is exactly what happened to Clippers rookie Al Thornton last year, and what the team was afraid would happen to standout rookie Eric Gordon this year.

For once, though, the Clippers caught a break, as the league's assistant coaches righted the wrong they dealt Thornton last season by selecting both promising young players for this year's game.

"It feels good, I'm really enjoying it this year," Thornton said. "Better late than never I guess. I've got the opportunity now and I'm going to try and enjoy it because I might never be back. Hopefully I'll be back to the All-Star game someday, but you never know, so I'm just going to try and have as much fun as I can.

The Sophomores won 122-116 on Friday night. Gordon had 19 points for the Rookies and Thornton had 10 for the Sophomores.

http://www.dailynews.com/clippers/ci_11703207
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Clippers' Gordon, Thornton shine in Rookie-Sophomore game

I was really happy to see E.Gor do well in this game. Hopefully, his solid play remains consistent, so that he can grow as a player, and hopefully help build some momentum at the end of this season, even if it will only gain "moral victorys".

Its too bad that Gordon seems to be out of the rookie of the year running... cause hes a hell of a player..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I was really happy to see E.Gor do well in this game. Hopefully, his solid play remains consistent, so that he can grow as a player, and hopefully help build some momentum at the end of this season, even if it will only gain "moral victorys".

Its too bad that Gordon seems to be out of the rookie of the year running... cause hes a hell of a player..
I think he is still in the ROY running. I also think he would have scored more points if that ball hog Beasley passed instead of taking a shot with every possession. I think he is the direct reason why the Rookies lost.

Last edited by adiedanny : 02-16-2009 at 12:42 PM.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:00 AM   #4
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
I think he is still in the ROY running. I also think he would have scored more points if that ball hog Beasley passed instaed of taking a shot with every possession. I think he is the direct reason why the Rookies lost.
everything u said d wade smart to start him and Al shoul have got more PT
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: