Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 02-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Clippers Chasing Amare?

Quote:
One NBA general manager said Portland and Chicago have the best chance to land Stoudemire. Memphis is also a contender. Other suitors reportedly include Cleveland, Detroit, and the Clippers. "There's a lot of rumors about Chicago," said Stoudemire, 26. "A lot of rumors about Cleveland, Miami. Any situation for any team I go to, I bring a lot to the table." Boston Globe

Unless Zach is getting dealt, I want no part of this deal. We can't have two power forwards that aren't good defenders and need the ball in order to be effective on the same roster, unless they are content with splitting time.

But remember when we drafted Wilcox, we could have had Amare, who went right after him. Stupid Baylor
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Clippers Chasing Amare?

Amare was a beast 2 years ago but his post game isn't very good idk if its Zach for him I'm cool with it.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:26 AM   #3
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

I don't see why Phoenix would want Zach if they can get either Lamarcus Aldridge or that Chicago package with Thomas and Noah instead. They already said they want youth and a expiring. Unless we Clippers package Kaman and someone, I don't see who Phoenix seeing eye to eye with us
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It does not seem like a good pairing.. the Clipps do have (I think) good pieces to bargain with, but I dont think its worth moving them for Amare...particularly for the aformentioned fact that Z-Bo is currently on the roster...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

What if they want Eric Gordon though?
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman

You must be out of your mind to even bring up such a question...

The only guy that Im sure WILL NOT get traded.. its E.Gor
Old 02-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
You must be out of your mind to even bring up such a question...

The only guy that Im sure WILL NOT get traded.. its E.Gor
From what I've been seeing I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get him.

See: Phoenix trying to screw Memphis over (Amar'e for Gay, Warrick and Conley)
Old 02-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #8
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
From what I've been seeing I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get him.

See: Phoenix trying to screw Memphis over (Amar'e for Gay, Warrick and Conley)

They can go ahead and try but why would the Clippers trade away their future? I can see trading Zach or Kaman but not Baron your franchise player, or your 4 young future good to great players Gordon, Taylor, Thornton, Jordan.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
They can go ahead and try but why would the Clippers trade away their future? I can see trading Zach or Kaman but not Baron your franchise player, or your 4 young future good to great players Gordon, Taylor, Thornton, Jordan.
I'd rather keep Kaman.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #10
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

Quote:
I'd rather keep Kaman.
your an idiot if you believe that they should DEAL Gordon and KEEP Kaman
Old 02-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
your an idiot if you believe that they should DEAL Gordon and KEEP Kaman
Way to read.

Notice the IF portion. I NEVER suggested trading Gordon, I just worry that the Suns would want him.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:49 PM   #12
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sources: Stoudemire likely to stay

Quote:
There are suddenly strong signals emanating from the desert that the coaching change announced Monday by the Phoenix Suns will be the only big personnel change they make this week.

After the Suns spent several days taking and making phone calls on potential trades for Amare Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal, NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that Phoenix -- having received a series of underwhelming proposals for Stoudemire -- prefers now to leave its core intact for the rest of the season to see if new coach Alvin Gentry can do more with this group than the outgoing Terry Porter.

"I got the impression today that [the Suns] are standing pat," said one source with knowledge of the team's thinking.

Said another source close to the situation: "That is very accurate."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3912108
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #13
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Like I already said, I doubt the Clippers want another power forward who isn't an effective defender and needs the ball to be effective. Yet, you ask what if Phoenix wants Eric? Puh. If they want Eric, then the deal better be something like: Gordon + Randolph + Ricky + Baron for Nash + Dragic + Robin + Amare + 1st. Yes, that is how much I value Eric.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:48 AM   #14
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

Quote:
Way to read.

Notice the IF portion. I NEVER suggested trading Gordon, I just worry that the Suns would want him.

This is not the first time that you make a post pro-active about moving Gordon. (NBA forum)

The Suns wanting him has nothing to do with it.. many teams would love to get LBJ, the fact that they want him, does not make it any less real of a possibility...

So in this case, just because the Suns may have a desire to aquire E.Gor, it does mean that the consideration would even for a moment cross the Clippers mind. So its unrealistic to act as if it is something that could occur.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:49 AM   #15
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Like I already said, I doubt the Clippers want another power forward who isn't an effective defender and needs the ball to be effective. Yet, you ask what if Phoenix wants Eric? Puh. If they want Eric, then the deal better be something like: Gordon + Randolph + Ricky + Baron for Nash + Dragic + Robin + Amare + 1st. Yes, that is how much I value Eric.

Im on the wagon with the Clippers thinking that E.Gor is a future star in the NBA
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: