Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

NJnetsfan1535 has decent reputation
Default Im going to play basketball with Brook Lopez on Saturday!

Hes having a clinic in my town and im going! i get two free nets game tickets and get to met brook and play with him just for $75, ill tell everyone how it went
NJnetsfan1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Im going to play basketball with Brook Lopez on Saturday!

wow.
once again, you the man.

pics, please?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

yea im going to try to have my mom come early and take lots of pics, he could be the next shaq and it will be awesome to say ive met him.... jason collins was a great guy 2 summers ago, now brook lopez, and hopefully devin harris or ryan anderson in the summer if i can make them
Old 02-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

i just got back from it, it was awesome.. when i get the time ill tell everything
Old 02-22-2009, 02:14 AM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

was it just brook or did he have helpers?

also, what techniques / drills did he work on?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

first off, i got their and there were lots of people ready and i was pumped... when he first got their we just sat down and talked with him asked any questions, he seemed pretty shy when talking in front of everyone but he was pretty cool. we got to play 5 on 5 games, shoot around with him and just hang for the few hours... it wasnt like the jason collins camp which was a week, this was only about 3 hours, so i didnt get to talk to brook alot. everything about players in the nba he would say tim duncan- his favorite player is duncan he says duncan is the best in the nba and he thinks duncan better than kobe and lebron, he says duncan is the hardest for him to defend in the nba and a few others. he said hes better than robin and always will be dont question it. he doesnt like the nickname b-lo but he doesnt mind thriller which i havent heard yet. he was really excited that vince didnt get traded, hes one of his favorite teammates obviously. he told us a few things that only he and the nets know and some people that are close to him, i cant say it cuz they told us not too lol, one of the small things was that he will not be playing in the summer league this year because the nets are happy with how he is doing in the league, he will be touring with adidas because he just got a endorsment with them. when his two year contract is up he has an option to stay for a 3rd or 4th year, he wants to make it the 3rd year, then get a new contract so he should stay with nets a while... there was one lady who was so stupid, she would sneak around the place to get to brook and wouldnt stop talking to him and saying how good he is and all this crap, she probably wanted money or some fame, it was pathetic the people kept telling her to go sit down. it was pretty cool how when i was behind him in line i realized when looking at him, wow this guy has guarded tim duncan, yao ming, dirk all in the past week, he played with vince and devin last night, and now im standing right next to him and talkin. i was so nervous too... if i forgot anything ill post it when i remember

Old 02-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Awesome
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Bad ass! Looks like a great time.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

wow that's cool man,
I'm just sitting here with Michael "Sugar" Ray Richardson checking out your pictures. He thinks Brook Lopez is Sam Bowie!
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

isnt michael ray richardson a former nba player?
Old 03-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #11
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

haha does lopez still sound like...
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #12
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
haha does lopez still sound like...
lol My friends always make fun of his voice. It reminds me a lot of Jason Collin's voice.
But if your getting paid to play basketball, it doesnt matter how your voice sounds.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #13
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

yea when i talked to brook, hes got a really deep voice it kinda sounds weird and seems like hes talking like that on purpose... he doesnt really sound like collins imo, i met both, they do both have deep voices but collins sounded jamaican everytime i talked to him lol
Old 03-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #14
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJnetsfan1535
yea when i talked to brook, hes got a really deep voice it kinda sounds weird and seems like hes talking like that on purpose... he doesnt really sound like collins imo, i met both, they do both have deep voices but collins sounded jamaican everytime i talked to him lol

Ill take your word for it since your good friends with him.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #15
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvOTKhFm1Gc

listen for jason talking
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: