Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here
Default Kings land Ike Diogu in the 3-team trade involving Bulls and Blazers

As part of a three-way trade with Sacramento and Chicago, the Portland Trail Blazers have acquired forward Michael Ruffin from Chicago in exchange for forward Ike Diogu, who is sent to Sacramento, General Manager Kevin Pritchard announced today. The Trail Blazers also gain a $3 million trade exception, which they can use for one calendar year.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3507

Last edited by insidehoops : 02-18-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Blazers To Acquire Ruffin For Diogu

Championship
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Championship

My first thought.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Whats the point...?
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
Whats the point...?
Maybe to mentor Outlaw and Webster?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Maybe to mentor Outlaw and Webster?

ohh.
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Blazers trade Ike Diogu to Bulls for Michael Ruffin

Oden wants to feel pretty?
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
Aidan
Both Teams Play Hard.

Aidan has decent reputation
Default Re: Blazers trade Ike Diogu to Bulls for Michael Ruffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Oden wants to feel pretty?
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #9
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kings land Ike Diogu in the 3-team trade involving Bulls and Blazers

This is a smart trade for Portland. They gained a $3M trade exception and went from an $8M hold on Diogu to a $1.5 hold on Ruffin for this summer. This gives us way more flexibility.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Kings land Ike Diogu in the 3-team trade involving Bulls and Blazers

Alright!

Last time we got a trade exception we were given James Jones and Rudy Fernandez!
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
John Smith
Local High School Star

John Smith has decent reputation

Wow! the Kings get screwed over on every single trade that they make. From Webber to Bibby to Brad Miller!
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #12
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know trade exceptions are great. I'm still trying to figure out what Portland is going to do with it though. What are some possible scenarios? I know Tom Penn and Pritchard are going to try and use it.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I know trade exceptions are great. I'm still trying to figure out what Portland is going to do with it though. What are some possible scenarios? I know Tom Penn and Pritchard are going to try and use it.
Vince Carter?
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #14
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Vince Carter?

Maybe. Not sure how it works. I think Portland is allowed to take in more money or something. We traded too much salary to the Knicks and we were able to spend 3 million to bring in Jones. So I don't think we are going to be able to buy Vince Carter off of New Jersey for 3 million.

I wish I understood the trade exception better. I'm going to go read the CBA.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #15
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

What I've heard is that Michael Ruffin makes good screens.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: