Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-28-2006, 01:56 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

Default Would You Trade GWallace for Ricky Davis and Two 1st Rounders?

Gerald Wallace for Ricky Davis and 2 first rounders....I did this deal on NBA2k7 and I was wondering if you think the bobcats got shafted.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:08 AM   #2
final.wrath
Banned

bump
Old 09-28-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Not really because Davis + 2 first rounders is a huge steal for the Bobcats. I would have probabbly done it but in real life, Cats wouldn't do it. You got shafted. Not the Cats.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Not really because Davis + 2 first rounders is a huge steal for the Bobcats. I would have probabbly done it but in real life, Cats wouldn't do it. You got shafted. Not the Cats.

thats what i traded charlotte for wallace in my nba 2k7 twolves franchise. they would have taken G-Dub for Davis straight up but I felt like that would never happen. i needed a low post defender and scorer because ricky davis was getting beat up in the paint guarding SF's. (I was starting Foye at SG.) Since the trade we've really improved. We're kind of a running team so Wallace is getting alot of highlight dunks on the break. I mean....Davis could shoot the midrange and GW can't...but Wallace makes up for it with his speed/steals/blocks. I also have enough shooting in Foye, James, Hudson, McCants, and even Garnett can hit the mid. I'm happy I did it. In real life I would have made the second first rounder lottery protected.

but tell me, if you think thats a steal for the bobcats, why don't you think they'd take it in real life? you just mean the wolves wouldnt offer that?
Old 09-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

the deal would be a steal for charlotte. wallace is a better player than davis, but isn't 2 first round picks better. since both teams are still building, they would want to hold onto their picks. minnesota's will prob be lotto pics..
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Exactly. In reality, you're basically giving a middle-aged, decent player plus two lottery or early-mid first round picks for Wallace. In 2k7 it's a good deal because you're probably going to make the Wolves a playoff team but in reality it's probably not the case.

Charlotte loves Wallace and probably wouldn't trade him for anyone like RD, if Wallace was traded, it would be for someone probably younger than him and with the same or better talent level.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #7
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Exactly. In reality, you're basically giving a middle-aged, decent player plus two lottery or early-mid first round picks for Wallace. In 2k7 it's a good deal because you're probably going to make the Wolves a playoff team but in reality it's probably not the case.

Charlotte loves Wallace and probably wouldn't trade him for anyone like RD, if Wallace was traded, it would be for someone probably younger than him and with the same or better talent level.

well i was rationalizing it by imagining there would be problems because both morrison and wallace are SF's....but wallace can guard SG's so that doesnt make sense either. i dont know...i like my trades to be realistic. can you think of any other realistic trades i could have made for a defensive SF?
Old 09-28-2006, 06:15 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I couldn't really think of any other trades because I don't really follow other teams. I just got 2k7 for Xbox and it has Wallace starting at SG and Morrison at SF so I don't know.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:17 PM   #9
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

Ricky Davis is a Terell Owens type. Great player, but sometimes not worth the headache.

You have an excellent leader and a STUD in Gerald Wallace, why would you want to get rid of him for a guy who was unwanted in Cleveland and I think also unwanted in Boston?

Ricky Davis, whoudl he give you the scoring yes, him and Emeka and Adam would give you the points, but Ricky would also give you something you don't need, a bad attitude.

Seriously would "His Airness" want that on the Bobcats?

And pardon my french, Ricky Davis thought his name was Rob Van Damme he was the "Whole F'n Show".

Last edited by BullsBigMan29 : 09-28-2006 at 06:26 PM.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #10
final.wrath
Banned

lol stop making me feel guilty i threw in TWO high firstrounders.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #11
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

I'm not I'm just saying, would you risk a stud for a headache?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #12
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
I'm not I'm just saying, would you risk a stud for a headache?

well before I traded him he was averaging 17/3/6. His 3-pointer was improved from last year and he had played as a team guy with Garnett, James, and Foye.

If I were the Bobcats I probably would have wanted Davis, McCants/Hudson, and 2 Conditional first rounders. (They would have to be lottery picks)

Besides, who knows if Wallace will want to come pack to a losing team? What if the Magic or somebody offer him the max?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:23 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Wallace may not want to come back next year. It all depends on if he wants to play on a team where he's the leader and fans love him or if he wants a lot of money. Hell, Bernie could offer him max next year. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #14
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

Why lose a 1-2-3-4 and let Gerald go? I think he will be an All Star in a year for the Bobcats him and Emeka.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:14 AM   #15
final.wrath
Banned

of course they want him, its weather he wants to stay. people are going to be making some tempting offers next summer I bet. lot of cap space goign around next summer.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: