Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
-primetime-

Default rumor: Haynesworth to sign with Redskins

Quote:
Haynesworth to sign with Redskins

Citing a "very well-connected league source," Lance Zierlein of the Houston Chronicle reports that Albert Haynesworth will sign with the Redskins at the start of free agency unless the Titans swoop in late.
Zierlein, the son of Steelers OL coach Larry Zierlein, has a blog at the Chronicle and does a radio show. His source says Haynesworth will get a deal worth roughly $100 million in total that pays $15-16 million annually. Zierlein doesn't usually report and it's hard to see how the Skins will fit such a deal under the cap, but this is the kind of megadeal Haynesworth is seeking. Feb. 24 - 1:44 pm et

Source: Houston Chronicle

I am hearing rumors that teams are already trying to start signing players due to the fact that it is becoming common knowledge that 2010 will be an uncapped year...

$100 Million...$15-$16 million a year...

that is Dan Snyder...and I would say this is a stupid ridiculous signing but if there isn't going to be a cap then why not...he has all the money in the world...

this may be how Dallas will be able to get Ray...and makes the Aso contract not look so crazy...

I hope this is just a rumor...I don't want that dude in the NFC East...
Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: rumor: Haynesworth to sign with Redskins

Skins already have a solid tackle in Golston and Haynesworth would make him look like a pro bowler. That would be a nice addition for the Skins.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wtffffffffffffff

Skins spend tons eh

damn good signing though
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Fuck.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

I suppose I'm a little concerned that he's only been able to capitalize on his talent the last two season. Plus, the name "Dana Stubblefield" keeps running through my head.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Haynseworth is Baron Davis.

When he's playing for a contract, he's a top 10 player in the L

When he's not, he's a headache.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-

this may be how Dallas will be able to get Ray...and makes the Aso contract not look so crazy...

Dallas radio people have been saying they will likely cut safety Roy Williams and Brad Johnson to make room for Lewis
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Dallas radio people have been saying they will likely cut safety Roy Williams and Brad Johnson to make room for Lewis
Roy Williams has already come forward and said he was willing to restructure his contract to stay in Dallas...

Brad and Bollinger should be gone that cap wise that shouldn't matter much because they both have to be replaced...
Old 02-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
Haynseworth is Baron Davis.

When he's playing for a contract, he's a top 10 player in the L

When he's not, he's a headache.

M.Hodge was on sportscenter saying he would take Haynesworth over Peppers. And if Haynesworth played DE would be the best DE in the NFL.

But i agree with being a lil buyer beware with him ballin for a new contract. Discussed that with Marlo but I still like him. He should improve that Wash front 4 I think. We'll see.

I dunno I got blind faith he'll still be a monster. But him signing with Wash comes across as a bad sign given thier history
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Haynseworth is the most physically dominant player in the league. If he doesn't continue his recent play it tells us a lot about him as a player. The great players can give it everything they got no matter if it's the first year of a new long-term contract, middle of it or at the very end. I have no respect for players who play for contracts and then their level of play tapers off once a new deal is reached.

I expect him to play well, though. If he plays the way he's capable of, he's worth every nickle of that reported deal.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Roy Williams has already come forward and said he was willing to restructure his contract to stay in Dallas...

you know, when you mentioned that the other day, i completely was thinking you meant WR Roy Willliams, which is why i thought it was so strange. I completely forgot about overrated SS Roy Williams.

Now that I realize which one it is, it makes a lot more sense.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #12
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pat Williams is pretty physically dominant. 3 different olineman get stuck in different parts of his belly and he just keeps penetrating
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #13
starface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
M.Hodge was on sportscenter saying he would take Haynesworth over Peppers. And if Haynesworth played DE would be the best DE in the NFL.

But i agree with being a lil buyer beware with him ballin for a new contract. Discussed that with Marlo but I still like him. He should improve that Wash front 4 I think. We'll see.

I dunno I got blind faith he'll still be a monster. But him signing with Wash comes across as a bad sign given thier history

The good thing about the NFL relative to the NBA is that since there arent guaranteed contracts, there is always SOMETHING to play for, even if you just got a huge signing bonus. Of course, some players still get complacent after signing a big bonus and pack it in right off the bat.

That said, I think if the team that signs Hayesworth looks like a legit contender from the get-go, and has a focused team atmosphere, he'll want to be a part of that and they'll get the best from him as long as they're competitive.

If the team starts out kinda rocky and has a very unfocused type of locker room, Hayesworth will probably lose his own focus very quickly as well.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:59 PM   #14
TakitoEspanoza
National High School Star

TakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat cool

100 million? wtf
TakitoEspanoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #15
kidachi

why them?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: