Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Anyone ever listen to the metal sub-sub-genre funeral doom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRcE3...eature=related

The vocals will piss most of you off probably, but the instrumentation is one of my favorite. Not just in funeral doom, or doom metal, but in metal period. So bleak, yet so beautiful.

This is one of the first songs by Funeral I ever heard. When the vocals start at 1:45 I said "WTF?". But you get used to them and eventually I felt as though they added to the song rather than detracted from it.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
Back In Shape
Great young streetballer

Back In Shape has not been impressing people
Default Re: Anyone ever listen to the metal sub-sub-genre funeral doom?

I was getting into that intro pretty good until all the distortion came in and a guy started screaming out in girlish screams.

Kind of like looking into at a serene lake surrounded by beautiful green meadow with deer drinking by the shore, then all of sudden a flaming 747 comes crashing into it, turning everything into a fiery ball of hell.
Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Helloween is the best metal what kind are they?

Also, I like the metal that has like norwegian flutes, is it called viking metal?
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Shape
I was getting into that intro pretty good until all the distortion came in and a guy started screaming out in girlish screams.

Kind of like looking into at a serene lake surrounded by beautiful green meadow with deer drinking by the shore, then all of sudden a flaming 747 comes crashing into it, turning everything into a fiery ball of hell.

That's what I was saying. lol

This doesn't have weird vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDMyI...eature=related
Old 02-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Shape

This
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
Helloween is the best metal what kind are they?

Also, I like the metal that has like norwegian flutes, is it called viking metal?

I made a tribute to Bathory thread (that no one posted in lol). They invented viking metal. Any genre can have flutes though. Would have to here the actual song.

Helloween is just some classic 80's power metal.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

To be honest I actually like metal, but it's not the only thing I listen to and i get sick of it, it seems like most metal heads though metal is all they listen to.

Metallica for example, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, supposedly all time classic albums, I can listen to 2 songs in a row or so off them but it's just too repetitive and the songs sound way too similar, I like metal but I guess I just don't understand it is what I'm saying. Like they have badass dudes with muscles and tats singing about badass things like dragons and trolls, but they do it in a high pitched girly voice, that I don't understand.

I'm not trying to diss it or anything but can you explain why so much of metal features hi pitched wailing voices? Then there's the hardcore badass deep gruff throat yelling kind.

Has any metal band ever had a singer like Lou Reed? I think that would be genius
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
To be honest I actually like metal, but it's not the only thing I listen to and i get sick of it, it seems like most metal heads though metal is all they listen to.

Metallica for example, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, supposedly all time classic albums, I can listen to 2 songs in a row or so off them but it's just too repetitive and the songs sound way too similar, I like metal but I guess I just don't understand it is what I'm saying. Like they have badass dudes with muscles and tats singing about badass things like dragons and trolls, but they do it in a high pitched girly voice, that I don't understand.

I'm not trying to diss it or anything but can you explain why so much of metal features hi pitched wailing voices? Then there's the hardcore badass deep gruff throat yelling kind.

Has any metal band ever had a singer like Lou Reed? I think that would be genius

Actually you're view of metal is quite narrow if you think every band has a vocalist who sings high pitched like the early 80's NWOBHM bands or growl like death metal and other related genres. Most simply shout. Not high pitched or growling.

Listen to some Danzig if you want a unique voice that isn't hard on the ears. Listen to some Dio. He has GOAT range in the metal game, but he doesn't have the annoying high pitch voice. Just really powerful.

As far as song from MoP and so on sounding the same. You either need to listen to more metal or you have hearing problems.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I felt like I was listening to the opera with a 80's metal "ballad" in the background. That was kinda strange to the say the least.

Personally, I prefer my metal to be like this if it has the "softer" aspect and the outside instruments. In Flames - Moonshield

The Jester Race is a criminally underrated album, just for the record.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

One word: Cathedral
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #11
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
One word: Cathedral

My favorite of theirs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3fNu6Va4vI

But they're doom metal. Not funeral doom.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #12
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Wicked normal doom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij08S6ww360
Old 02-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #13
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Despite being different genres, it kind of reminds me of Nightwish.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #14
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

LOL to me Doom is Doom. I'm a Metalhead and I hate all the sub-genres.

Here's a few bands I dig that can be classified as Doom: Grand Magus, Moonspell, and Katatonia

Other than these I'm not into Doom that much
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
I felt like I was listening to the opera with a 80's metal "ballad" in the background. That was kinda strange to the say the least.

Personally, I prefer my metal to be like this if it has the "softer" aspect and the outside instruments. In Flames - Moonshield

The Jester Race is a criminally underrated album, just for the record.

I was waiting for them to kick into Classical Gas listening to the intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
LOL to me Doom is Doom. I'm a Metalhead and I hate all the sub-genres.

Here's a few bands I dig that can be classified as Doom: Grand Magus, Moonspell, and Katatonia

Other than these I'm not into Doom that much

Listen to Fall of the Idols. Trust me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UUWT...eature=related
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: