Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board
Default Aching, days after workout

So a few days ago I worked out for a few hours and usually it would be normal to maybe ache a little the next day but I've been aching for like 4 days now, arms, chest, abs and legs. I didn't feel like I over did it because I didn't do much more than I usually do. Any ideas why this might happen? It's unusual for me as I usually only ache a little the next day. Any ways of preventing the aching?

Thanks.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Aching, days after workout

How much do you workout during the week? Did you stretch before working out?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
So a few days ago I worked out for a few hours and usually it would be normal to maybe ache a little the next day but I've been aching for like 4 days now, arms, chest, abs and legs. I didn't feel like I over did it because I didn't do much more than I usually do. Any ideas why this might happen? It's unusual for me as I usually only ache a little the next day. Any ways of preventing the aching?

Thanks.

Feeling sore after a workout is definitely a plus because that means your muscles have ripped and are on the process of repairing themselves to be bigger and stronger now. You may want to increase your rest time in between workouts or reschedule your workout out program so that you do not work out opposite parts of your body on the same day. To prevent the aching or reduce it, I would do a quick warm-up and proper stretching on the next workout.
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Eat some protein after your workout, in the form of a shake. Also, you don't need to stretch before your workout, it reduces your max... but stretch when your done.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Thanks for the answers.

Also, if I want to build up muscle, should I continue to work out when I'm aching or wait until I'm not aching any more?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

does anyone do a warm up before they go hard at lifting... I always do a little weight just to get the blood flowing... but none of my friends do it...
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
Thanks for the answers.

Also, if I want to build up muscle, should I continue to work out when I'm aching or wait until I'm not aching any more?

Wait. If you're aching that means you did it right.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
JJ81
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel
Wait. If you're aching that means you did it right.

Yeah, I get that but I dont know why I'm aching so much this time, I didn't do anything more than my usual workout.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Try using glutamine.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: